All-Star Counting Through Pyramid Sections

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I heard this also at our last competition with a team. What the heck? I understand counting at practice during parts of the routine, but that is what music is for while in competition. I hope its not a trend and how did it make it to California so fast???
It did not just make it to california lol, it started in Nor Cal a while ago .....you guys down there can't always be the trend setters lol. :fro:

I heard this also at our last competition with a team. What the heck? I understand counting at practice during parts of the routine, but that is what music is for while in competition. I hope its not a trend and how did it make it to California so fast???
Were you at gssa? If so I can probably bet you $20 on what team it was as their coach is from the Nor Cal area =).

This might be a stupid question but I've only recently noticed that this year the crowd seems to always count "1,3,5,7" throughout the pyramid section of the performing team. Am I just slow and has this been going on longer oder is it new? Just curious. ;)

I only count 1,3,5,7 so i can breathe in between each count lol. But idk about the crowd though. Im used to it.

The past 4 years as a team we counted out the pyramid on counts that we dipped on to toss elite skills to help insure everybody was dipping together an there were no timing issues

The first time I really saw this was Panthers 2010 Worlds and I thought that was only because they completely bombed their pyramid at NCA?

Like other posters noted- I've only ever heard/noticed it for cheer athletics. On most of their worlds vids, particularly for the ones who competed in jostens, I can hear it. What's funny- now that I know they do it and I'm used to hearing it when watching videos, I subconsciously do it in my head when the pyramid music starts.

Like other posters noted- I've only ever heard/noticed it for cheer athletics. On most of their worlds vids, particularly for the ones who competed in jostens, I can hear it. What's funny- now that I know they do it and I'm used to hearing it when watching videos, I subconsciously do it in my head when the pyramid music starts.

So your talking about your cheerleaders counting out loud on the floor? If my cheerleaders did that we would lose points.:confused:

Back