All-Star Cp Injured And Out For A Few Months, Do I Still Owe $ To The Gym?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

alpaca

Cheer Parent
Apr 21, 2017
CP was just injured and is out for (obviously) the rest of the season. But she is also out for at least the next few months per Dr's orders. We will have a better idea of when she can return as she starts to heal.

I havent talked to the gym yet about what I will owe financially. How do gyms typical handle these situations? Do they still charge monthly tuition? That doesn't seem fair if my CP is restricted from activity by a Dr. , and my paperwork/contract is a bit fuzzy in that area. I want to know what the industry standard is before I go in and talk to the gym owner.

CP was just injured and is out for (obviously) the rest of the season. But she is also out for at least the next few months per Dr's orders. We will have a better idea of when she can return as she starts to heal.

I havent talked to the gym yet about what I will owe financially. How do gyms typical handle these situations? Do they still charge monthly tuition? That doesn't seem fair if my CP is restricted from activity by a Dr. , and my paperwork/contract is a bit fuzzy in that area. I want to know what the industry standard is before I go in and talk to the gym owner.

I've only ever been involved with two AS gyms, but both of them charged 50% of the tuition to 'hold the spot' during long-term injuries. Unsure if this is an industry norm, though, as my experience is very limited.

Every contract that I've signed for All Star says that I am still liable for expenses. Now, she's never been out for more than a couple of weeks so I don't know if they'd hold me to it or not.

When CP was injured I still had to pay monthly tuition and any outstanding comp fees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow! I thought most of the AS Cheer seasons were done and many gyms were preparing for Worlds, Summit or tryouts... I am thinking that you should have completed this season and should be sitting out for tryouts, at least until your cp can comeback for next season... Were you planning to sign up again before she was able to be part of the team due to injury?

Wow! I thought most of the AS Cheer seasons were done and many gyms were preparing for Worlds, Summit or tryouts... I am thinking that you should have completed this season and should be sitting out for tryouts, at least until your cp can comeback for next season... Were you planning to sign up again before she was able to be part of the team due to injury?

Our season is done but we pay 12 months a year. Contracts are up for renewal during the summer. So I was wondering if I would be paying for the last few months of the contract, even though cp can't participate.

I wouldn't siign a new contract until CP is cleared from her Dr.

Not sure because not all gyms are the same but I had to be out for 2 months and we didn't pay any fees with the exception of my uniform and music things like that because i got hurt during summer so obviously there were a few things that had to be paid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At our gym you still pay if you are going to go with the team to the competitions. You come to practices, you go to competitions just as you would if you were competing. You then will win whatever the teams wins and go with them to warmup, compete, etc. If you don't want to do that, you don't pay.

Our season is done but we pay 12 months a year. Contracts are up for renewal during the summer. So I was wondering if I would be paying for the last few months of the contract, even though cp can't participate.

I wouldn't siign a new contract until CP is cleared from her Dr.

If your season is done, then I I think you'd still need to pay - you got a full season out of it but are just paying the last few months of the installments. Sorry your cp is injured. Hope the injury heals quickly!

Speak to the gym owners. Explain how long she will be out. Bring your contract with you so they can show you and explain exactly what it is stated with regards to injury and payment responsibilities.

Good luck and I hope she heals quickly!

When I tore my ACL and was out for 3 months due to surgery and recovery, I didn't have to pay any fees during that time other than ones I had already taken advantage of (outstanding competition fees, tuition for when I was medically cleared). If your current season is done, then I would assume you'd still be liable for the fees until you sign a contract for the new season.

Again, when I was injured I didn't even try out for the new season, but was placed on a team and had a spot for when I came back and paid tuition from that point on but still paid the new seasons music, comp, choreography, etc. fees because I knew I would be back within the season.

I don't know if it only worked out that way because of the gym I was at, but that seems like the reasonable conclusion for your situation as well.

Back