High School Creative 5 Person Stunts

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 29, 2012
So...I'm down to 5 girls on my squad. I'm trying to come up with creative 5 person stunts that are visually showy, but not necessarily hard. We have a split stunt, 360 to extension w/ twist cradle, and a show n go. Suggestions?
Thanks

Is there a particular level of stunts or just any ideas? Sometimes you just need a little inspiration to get the ball rolling.

Thinking along level 2ish lines, anything that starts in an arabesque below prep level and transitions into something else is fun. 1/2 ups, 1/2 downs and back up to a stunt are exciting . And handstands up to shoulder sits up to preps/libs/extensions/etc are always cool and not too difficult. Leap frogs forward and backward, braced half downs, braced pop to prone...

So...I'm down to 5 girls on my squad. I'm trying to come up with creative 5 person stunts that are visually showy, but not necessarily hard. We have a split stunt, 360 to extension w/ twist cradle, and a show n go. Suggestions?
Thanks
One year my team had like 7 girls and we did a show n go where the bases moved and switched with new bases at the top. You could switch out one base for another instead of the two!

Its at the end of that video if you need a visual!

Have you tried mock ups/tick ups? If you have a solid lib they come pretty quickly.

Or "single based" extensions. Every year these were a team/crowd favorite and they're no harder than a regular extension.

That was the way we started doing them, but we changed grips over the years to something a little different. If you get the hang of this, you can have the base completely let go and tumble or something with your extra girl. I find it easier to do it like a cupie too!

This has a lot of nice looking stunts in it that arent hard, too.

There's a mountain climber and a handstand entrance towards the end that I think would be fun to have! Mountain climbers are easy, and you can do them while turning, up to an extension, lib or cupie which is always nice. I've seen teams mountan climber to the top and immediately reverse 360 down which looks awesome. I think the only thing about the reverse 360 is that its a little tricky to catch back in at a load in, but you get the hang of it. :)

I hope this helps!! I was on a small team almost all 4 years of high school so I know how tough it can be :)

What level are they ? You could maybe do a rewind and then have them readjust their grip and do a full around in a lib.

We don't do levels in hs cheer. Solid extensions with two different flyers, twist cradle with one flyer and starting to work with the other, lib at a prep level but haven't worked the extended libs. I desperately need a pyramid of some sort for 5 girls to do during school song. Have about 3 8 counts to do it in. For the 3 years prior that I've coached we've always done a hitch pyramid, would love something else, but again size keeps us from doing a lot.

We don't do levels in hs cheer. Solid extensions with two different flyers, twist cradle with one flyer and starting to work with the other, lib at a prep level but haven't worked the extended libs. I desperately need a pyramid of some sort for 5 girls to do during school song. Have about 3 8 counts to do it in. For the 3 years prior that I've coached we've always done a hitch pyramid, would love something else, but again size keeps us from doing a lot.
In one of the videos I posted we had the flyer hit a lib and just kinda put her leg out to the side and had a person stand next to the stunt and hold the foot. In my video, it looks really awkward and bad, because we had to change the routine over night lol, but I'm sure with good execution it wouldn't look as silly

In one of the videos I posted we had the flyer hit a lib and just kinda put her leg out to the side and had a person stand next to the stunt and hold the foot. In my video, it looks really awkward and bad, because we had to change the routine over night lol, but I'm sure with good execution it wouldn't look as silly

I've thought about that when I watched the video, I have a flyer (not my best) that is 5'11" and a flyer that is 5'4" so she would most likely reach. I also thought about doing a single base lib with a shoulder sit, but again, it's a hitch.
When I had 6, I was trying to figure out how we could go for a Swedish fall up to a hitch or something but nothing was working out. I've also considered a diamond head, but wowzers those are hard, not sure how we ever did one when I was in junior high. It doesn't have to be super hard, but look cool. Each year we have a signature stunt. We did a leapfrog to extension one year (which no one there had ever seen), we did forward suspended rolls before they became super popular again, we did a handstand to a load/extension, we did a hill climber stunt (Columbia, GA hs did it several years at their state competition). They aren't hard stunts, but they aren't commonly used and visually look difficult.

If you had six you could do a knee basket. Maybe you could do it to a single base w/ a back spot. I'd just load into the basket, not do a prep, fall to the load. And I'd try to just do one dip.

I've thought about that when I watched the video, I have a flyer (not my best) that is 5'11" and a flyer that is 5'4" so she would most likely reach. I also thought about doing a single base lib with a shoulder sit, but again, it's a hitch.
When I had 6, I was trying to figure out how we could go for a Swedish fall up to a hitch or something but nothing was working out. I've also considered a diamond head, but wowzers those are hard, not sure how we ever did one when I was in junior high. It doesn't have to be super hard, but look cool. Each year we have a signature stunt. We did a leapfrog to extension one year (which no one there had ever seen), we did forward suspended rolls before they became super popular again, we did a handstand to a load/extension, we did a hill climber stunt (Columbia, GA hs did it several years at their state competition). They aren't hard stunts, but they aren't commonly used and visually look difficult.
You might be able to arabesque pyramid with the single based one. Or I've seen teams just have the flyer stick their leg out to the side (like a hitch w/o the bend) and have the shoulder sit hold that foot.

This isn't a pyramid, but ive had stunt groups go into libs and the base underneath does a heelstretch. Easy as long as the base has a nice left heelstretch lol

If you had six you could do a knee basket. Maybe you could do it to a single base w/ a back spot. I'd just load into the basket, not do a prep, fall to the load. And I'd try to just do one dip.

I know exactly what you are talking about, we did a single base version my junior year. Thank you for the idea!

You could maybe have the secondary base throw the basket part and then move quickly to catch their foot. We did a stunt similar to this where the main had foot and secondary and backspot made a basket grip and the flyer sat back onto it and we tossed her to prep. Main has all the weight for a sec but it's really not bad, the back and secondary move in quickly. I'm sure if they did it with the knees it would be even easier bc the back would be helping the main until secondary got there.

Ha! Brings me back. We did this when I was in high school... in 1994.

OP - have you tried single based extensions? You could have 2 kids in a shoulder stand bracing a single based extension. Do a half turn walk in to prep-level lib, step the second foot down, press to extension?

Back