All-Star Crossing Over At Worlds

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

You could always take the risk and hope no one finds out. Sally could be rostered and Suzie could "pretend" to be Sally. But if anyone from your team (hypothetical "your") talks about it and someone else hears and passes it along to one of the event staff, you could get disqualified and waste a huge amount of money.

Same thing with competing with someone from another gym who hasn't been released - you could probably get away with it, but is it worth the risk?

this is very true but i think it would be very very hard if someone gets hurt in warm up put the routine together without that person so personally i would probably take the risk cause with out that person alot of stunts wouldnt be able to go up so you would get a pretty low score any way

So you could compete all season with craptastic allstars and April 2 when their season is over you can go to worlds with fantastic allstars, even if you were not a member when any of the bids were won???? Some of this stuff still seems very shady!! Can you be listed as an alternate on a roster even when you are cheering with another squad??? Who checks to see if people got the releases???

this is very true but i think it would be very very hard if someone gets hurt in warm up put the routine together without that person so personally i would probably take the risk cause with out that person alot of stunts wouldnt be able to go up so you would get a pretty low score any way

I know more than one team that has an alternate ready to step in if needed who knows the routine. I would think it's the smart thing to do for any program that is successful.

The risk to put a routine on this year with inneligible athletes may cost all teams at your program a chance to go to Worlds next year. I wouldn't think that's worth it. Don't forget that a lot of these kids and coaches know each other so it would probably be harder to hide than you think.

So you could compete all season with craptastic allstars and April 2 when their season is over you can go to worlds with fantastic allstars, even if you were not a member when any of the bids were won???? Some of this stuff still seems very shady!! Can you be listed as an alternate on a roster even when you are cheering with another squad??? Who checks to see if people got the releases???

Technically, yes. So long as Craptastic signs the waiver of release, then Fantastic can use you. But Fantastic has to sign that everyone on their submitted Worlds roster, including alternates are eligible to compete. If asked, teams should be able to provide proof of eligibility such as birth certificates and waiver forms.

And that is ultimately the issue. Who enforces this? How is this rule policed beyond coaches ratting on a team? Or athletes gossiping? How would the USASF know?

Back