All-Star Crossovers Just To Get Paid

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Which totally sucks for the team(s) that would have ended up with a paid. Also, not fair to the EP that thinks they are sending one team to worlds and get another.

I am not a huge fan of crossovers. I think it is an overuse and too much wear n tear on an athletes body. I wish their was a stricter rule on crossovers. I know some argue that small gyms need crossovers but I think scoring needs to reflect better on the number of athletes on floor so small gyms can't use that argument.

Realisticly does it matter to the EP who they are giving their bids to - they have already made their targeted profit.

Watch some summit videos from some programs, then watch some Worlds team videos. Some faces look really familiar. It's unfortunate but there is nothing that can be done.

I GET that if you have an R5 injury, you obviously might not want to pull from say Senior 4. So you may need a Worlds team kid to fill in.

Last edited:
Not sure who the original poster is referring to but the well known gym that's done it in recent years is CEA. Not sure why we dance around it as if it hasn't been discussed a billion times on the boards.
And there is a rule in place to prevent this, only 10 subs, 7 must be with your gym when you earn your bid and 3 can be from anywhere. It's just not a very strict rule ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10 subs = 50% of a small team/33% of medium/27% of a large team - seems legit and fair :confused::rolleyes:

Y'all, at the end of the day, a gym owner runs a business. Setting the moral compass aside, business owners do what's best for their customers and their potential clientele. As a parent of a kid on the "other" team, I probably wouldn't be mad at athletes being used for a comp or two to get my athlete to Disney without me having to foot the bill. That's who the owner has loyalty to, not the other team who could've gotten the bid.

ETA: I will add that I don't agree with it and that I watched some "questionable scoring" in favor of the non-crossover team, earlier this season. I believe the judges knew what we know and purposely didn't count some skills, just to prove a point. JMO...but the non-crossover team ended up with the FP that comp, so...

Last edited:
I am not a huge fan of crossovers. I think it is an overuse and too much wear n tear on an athletes body. I wish their was a stricter rule on crossovers. I know some argue that small gyms need crossovers but I think scoring needs to reflect better on the number of athletes on floor so small gyms can't use that argument.

Realisticly does it matter to the EP who they are giving their bids to - they have already made their targeted profit.

Funny, it seems the big gyms are the offenders with this one. Most smaller gyms don't have extra Worlds athletes hanging around that they can throw on teams to win bids. There is a large well known program that already did this to get a bid for their M5 and now they are doing it to try and get one for their SS5.

Y'all, at the end of the day, a gym owner runs a business. Setting the moral compass aside, business owners do what's best for their customers and their potential clientele. As a parent of a kid on the "other" team, I probably wouldn't be mad at athletes being used for a comp or two to get my athlete to Disney without me having to foot the bill. That's who the owner has loyalty to, not the other team who could've gotten the bid.
But what does that say to the original athletes on that team? "Yeah, you guys aren't good enough to get a bid on your own so we're going to add athlete x's to get it for you." No thank you! From my perspective as a parent I think that sucks and isn't a lesson I want my kid to learn.

Bringing the moral compass back into the equation, it seems quite a bit close to fraud.
fraud? I think I have been pretty vocal on my opinion on crossovers, but this is a USASF issue. They have made it perfectly clear that they have no issue with crossovers in any type of capacity. It is a vicious cycle - one gym starts to do it, the rest have to do it to stay competitive. It has become so common that I don't really side eye anyone about it anymore - I can't think of a major gym that hasn't used crossovers amongst their Worlds teams. Hate the game and not the player, because until crossover rules are put in place or the USASF tightens up the substitution policy at Worlds, it will only continue to happen.

fraud? I think I have been pretty vocal on my opinion on crossovers, but this is a USASF issue. They have made it perfectly clear that they have no issue with crossovers in any type of capacity. It is a vicious cycle - one gym starts to do it, the rest have to do it to stay competitive. It has become so common that I don't really side eye anyone about it anymore - I can't think of a major gym that hasn't used crossovers amongst their Worlds teams. Hate the game and not the player, because until crossover rules are put in place or the USASF tightens up the substitution policy at Worlds, it will only continue to happen.
The "misconnect" and I use the term loosely, is that you can use those crossovers to get the bid, but Worlds does not allow crossovers between teams at all. Doesn't make sense if you allow it to qualify, but not to compete. EP's could certainly put those restrictions on if they wanted to, but not sure how motivated they are to do it either.

I completely agree. My statement is based on my moral compass, not the legality of it.

The "misconnect" and I use the term loosely, is that you can use those crossovers to get the bid, but Worlds does not allow crossovers between teams at all. Doesn't make sense if you allow it to qualify, but not to compete. EP's could certainly put those restrictions on if they wanted to, but not sure how motivated they are to do it either.
Agreed, but none of these teams are breaking the rules. I don't agree with the system at all, but I no longer blame gyms for it. USASF allows it, EPs make $$$ on crossover fees - if I am going to call anyone corrupt and unethical, it won't be the gyms.

Back