All-Star Crossovers Just To Get Paid

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

@Mamarazzi If "right wing" means that I believe the hardest working teams within their appropriate level should get the paid bids then I shall wear the "right wing" badge proudly. There are struggling families at every gym so, I don't see the logic or justification behind your point of crossing over to win broke families paid bids. Bottom line, it's adults justifying and abusing the system at the expense of kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So because the big gym parents expect a paid, They have to do whatever it takes to take it from a smaller gym who has worked their booties off without any crossovers from better teams because they are the only worlds team in their area. That seems fair....

Never said I agreed with it (I don't), but was just pointing out the potential perspective of the programs that do this.

So because the big gym parents expect a paid, They have to do whatever it takes to take it from a smaller gym who has worked their booties off without any crossovers from better teams because they are the only worlds team in their area. That seems fair....

This is the biggest problem I have with it, it's taking that bid away from a team who potentially should have gotten it. And it's not even just the paid bids, it ends up affecting those who could have gotten an at-large as well and a team who may not get a bid that season otherwise, you never know. I don't think I will ever agree with it no matter what point of view is shared, it's just wrong to me, no matter if it's legal or not. I don't get it but, I can agree to disagree with those who feel differently.

Never said I agreed with it (I don't), but was just pointing out the potential perspective of the programs that do this.
I know, but coming from a place where there was only 1 level 5 team and the closest one beyond was 4 hours away, this infuriates me! We don't have the ability to abuse our best tumblers or stunters. we just have to put the best 20 on the mat and work the hardest we can. And then have a team that we may have beat of it weren't for their already world champion crossovers take a bid makes me want to quit this sport and never come back. But considering I'm retired that would do no good :)

I don't have a crossover issue really. I think small gyms survive by them and all teams in emergencies need them. Heck my own cp14 crossed over at Indy to her brothers team because of an injury and she was the only available body. Stuff like that happens. Crossovers are the only way to handle it in a pinch.

I'm talking about teams made up entirely of crossovers from higher levels.....like it's all the kids "second" team and they're all coming from higher levels. That's not crossing over so much as sandbagging and that's the issue I have. But we have tons of threads on the difference between stacking/sandbagging/crossing over.

I think the thing folks object to is the latter scenario (rather than the former in which there is an emergency or issue.)

I'd love to (at minimum) see a limitation on the number of LEVELS kids can cross down to. Ex: If you start your season as a Level 5, you can only cross down to Level 4. There is no reason for say, a Senior 2 to be composed of 90% R5 or Worlds kids.

I think the thing folks object to is the latter scenario (rather than the former in which there is an emergency or issue.)

I'd love to (at minimum) see a limitation on the number of LEVELS kids can cross down to. Ex: If you start your season as a Level 5, you can only cross down to Level 4. There is no reason for say, a Senior 2 to be composed of 90% R5 or Worlds kids.
If we had a credentialing system that would be easy. I think you should only be allowed to cross one level in either direction. Honestly with the picture ID/roster check verification they're doing this year backstage at worlds that's the basis of getting that together. I'm hoping that is a test run to see if it's feasible to do across the board. And I'd also like to point out that was a fierceboard idea we discussed pretty throughly so I'm just giving the credit to us....(uhh, provided it works)

...on that note, It wouldn't take much else to have those ID cards color coded for level and have that process at every competition.

Whatever team is your primary team assignment, that's the level you're credentialed at for that season. So, if you really want to stack a level two with kids with level five skills....they're not going to get to compete those level five skills all year. And if they are assigned level five, four is as low as they can go.

It's not perfect, but it's eons better than the free for all we have right now.

^^^^^Yes to all of this.

Like, make an entire Senior 1 out of Senior 4s if you want because they'll all be stuck competing BWOs all season!

With the millions they made at NCA I'm sure they can create some kind of software that will verify what level each athlete is on, they give the athletes bracelets correct, why not have some kind of barcode in each bracelet that says the name with picture, division and known allergies to medications (just in case of injury). That they can verify who is in each team.

@Mamarazzi If "right wing" means that I believe the hardest working teams within their appropriate level should get the paid bids then I shall wear the "right wing" badge proudly. There are struggling families at every gym so, I don't see the logic or justification behind your point of crossing over to win broke families paid bids. Bottom line, it's adults justifying and abusing the system at the expense of kids.

My point was one of many I could make it support or disagreement either way.
And there are a million ways our kids and families are abused and it's justified in this sport, so this makes a million and one. We'll keep accepting it and booking those Stay-to-Plays, too.

I get the whole "spectrum" idea of how wrong something is. However, roughly the same number of kids go either way. That paid bid doesn't disappear, it goes to a different team - one that isn't using temporary ringers. It just changes which set of broke, talented kids are sitting at home instead of going to Worlds.

My solution: once you have been on the floor with Team A to earn a bid with a team, you can't be on the floor to help a different team earn/upgrade a bid that season. You can compete with Team B, they just aren't eligible to get new bids with you on the floor. In other words, athletes can only help one team a season get a Worlds bid.
i like this in theory, but what about an athlete that was on a team all season (that has a bid), and say gets hurt (or a mental block) and is not able to compete at that level (at the coaches discretion), so the coach offers them a spot on a less-competitive worlds team that doesn't have a bid yet? i hope that example makes sense

My point was one of many I could make it support or disagreement either way.
And there are a million ways our kids and families are abused and it's justified in this sport, so this makes a million and one. We'll keep accepting it and booking those Stay-to-Plays, too.
Amen to this. For every person who claims another gym is horrible for doing what they do, their own gym may be doing something that someone else would side eye.

With the millions they made at NCA I'm sure they can create some kind of software that will verify what level each athlete is on, they give the athletes bracelets correct, why not have some kind of barcode in each bracelet that says the name with picture, division and known allergies to medications (just in case of injury). That they can verify who is in each team.

That's just crazy talk now.

This technology/software is already out there but used in a different capacity. CP is hospitalized a few times a year and they use hospital bracelets with barcodes to verify identity before administering medication. The nurse has to scan her bracelet and then scan the meds before they can give it to her. If the doctor didn't put in an order for those meds or it is the wrong kind, an alert pops up for the nurse. The IV machine won't even run a new bag unless everything matches up.

I am sure they can simplify the software for competitions.

This technology/software is already out there but used in a different capacity. CP is hospitalized a few times a year and they use hospital bracelets with barcodes to verify identity before administering medication. The nurse has to scan her bracelet and then scan the meds before they can give it to her. If the doctor didn't put in an order for those meds or it is the wrong kind, an alert pops up for the nurse. The IV machine won't even run a new bag unless everything matches up.

I am sure they can simplify the software for competitions.
But that would cost Xtra man power and $$. God forbid they do the right thing and lose profit!

Back