OT Cruise

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Mar 26, 2011
I want to go on a cruise with my mom for my senior trip! My older sister went to Madrid with my dad, but I haven't been on a cruise before and I'm more of a fan of water! Thing is, I don't know where to go! I kinda want to go on a Caribbean so I can go to the Cayman Islands and Jamaica but I also want to go to Tahiti and Bora Bora on a Pacific Cruise! If anyone has been on a cruise that they loved or to these places please help:)

Go on a Disney Cruise! I've been on seven lol :) I've been to
Grand Caymon (2x)
Disney's Private Island, Castaway Cay (7x)
St. Thomas/St. John (3x or maybe 4...)
St Maarten (3x or maybe 4)
Puerto Rico
Key West
Cozumel (2x)
Cabo San Lucas
Puerto Vallarta
Mazatlan
Nassau

And I'm probably missing some or messed up the number of times I've been there. If you want any info or to see any pictures let me know, I have tons! Seriously the best cruise line ever!!!

BuegeSmalls really Disney? I was thinking it would be all kids.. but dang you have been to a bunch of places!!! How was Cozumel and Grand Cayman?

Yup! Well, because its Disney there are a lot of kids but there are tons of actvities for adults too. Like there are 3 pools: little kid pool area, family pool, and adults (18+) pool. There are literally activities for people of all ages. My grandparents have even gone with us. On their private island there are two family beaches and one adults only beach. My brother was 22 (?) when we last went and he still really enjoyed himself.

Grand Cayman was amazing. The first time we went there we went on an excursion where we go to swim with stingrays. It was awesome, but absolutely terrifying. They didn't take us to Sea World or any kind of place like that. They literally took us out to this sandbar in the middle of the ocean and all the stingrays like flocked there. They were HUGE. The second time I went to GC we mainly shopped there. Tons of great stores, and great deals on jewelry (Diamonds International!).

Cozumel- The first time I went we did a excursion where we got to go in a submarine- super cool! And then the second time we went we just shopped. Tons of great shopping there too! Both places are beautiful

Here are some pictures, they aren't that great because I didn't take an scenery pictures lol.
9horhv.png

And heres some of Disney's Private island because you basically go there on every cruise.
2vi5atu.png

I have tons of pictures of the ship interior and stuff too.

This is probably the one you would want. Its the one I went on, except we went somewhere else instead of Costa Maya:

7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise on Disney Fantasy - Itinerary B, Map & Highlights | Disney Cruise Line

BuegeSmalls Ahhh thank you so much! Wow that's cool that you went swimming with stingrays! That's the kind of stuff I want to do:)and of course what girl doesn't like to shop?!
No problem! Lol it was terrifying!! You got to feed them squid and stuff, but it was pretty cool. They have tons of great excursions to do. Oh and if you go on a cruise make sure to stop at Del Sol. Its a store where everything changes color in the sun. I have about 20 bottles of their nail polish :) If you need anymore info then let me know!

No problem! Lol it was terrifying!! You got to feed them squid and stuff, but it was pretty cool. They have tons of great excursions to do. Oh and if you go on a cruise make sure to stop at Del Sol. Its a store where everything changes color in the sun. I have about 20 bottles of their nail polish :) If you need anymore info then let me know!
Dang! Are there other cruise lines that are good other than Disney?

Dang! Are there other cruise lines that are good other than Disney?
My aunt and uncle have been on a few besides Disney but they still think Disney has the best around. Like on Carnival and Celebrity you eat with random people but on Disney you eat with you party (and only your party) and your waitstaff follows you around to all the different restaurants so they get to know you. And the restaurants all have themes and look AMAZING. The food is fantastic of course :)

My aunt and uncle have been on a few besides Disney but they still think Disney has the best around. Like on Carnival and Celebrity you eat with random people but on Disney you eat with you party (and only your party) and your waitstaff follows you around to all the different restaurants so they get to know you. And the restaurants all have themes and look AMAZING. The food is fantastic of course :)
Oh seriously?! Thats so weird haha I guess you can make friends!

Oh seriously?! Thats so weird haha I guess you can make friends!
Yeah! When my aunt & uncle went on that Celebrity cruise they were so confused cuz they never experienced it before cuz they always went on Dinsey! Lol

I've always gone on Princess and Royal Caribbean but I've been on one Carnival cruise as well. Some cruise snobs will say that Carnival isn't as nice, but I loved our cruise. Their newer ships are gorgeous and there's a lot to do for all ages. One serious perk was the fresh made sushi that they served every day at happy hour.

If you want a relaxing cruise with a pool and beaches but aren't worried about other activities, a smaller ship will be fine for you. However if you get bored easily I would recommend cruising on a large ship.

I've always gone on Princess and Royal Caribbean but I've been on one Carnival cruise as well. Some cruise snobs will say that Carnival isn't as nice, but I loved our cruise. Their newer ships are gorgeous and there's a lot to do for all ages. One serious perk was the fresh made sushi that they served every day at happy hour.

If you want a relaxing cruise with a pool and beaches but aren't worried about other activities, a smaller ship will be fine for you. However if you get bored easily I would recommend cruising on a large ship.
My mom said carnival is the one that had the ships that set on fire... So I'm ruling that out haha. But Royal Caribbean, Princess, Norwegian, and Holland are my moms picks so I'm gonna look at those!

I have been on two Carnival cruises and one Royal Carribbean. Carnival was so much better in terms of quality, service and most of all fun-factor. We went with only four people once on carnival and had a four person table (they didnt put us with strangers). I wasnt a fan of Cozumel but LOVED Grand Caymen and Jamaica (be careful if you go to Jamaica and def do the Falls). St Croix, St John and St Thomas and San Juan are beautiful too!

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Back