OT Cruise

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I did both the western carribbean (Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Jamaica) and Eastern Carribean (San Juan, St. Thomas/St. John, and St. Croix) with Carnival. Either one is amazing! We went to San Juan, Dominican, Haiti and St. Thomas with Royal Carribean. Weather rerouted us on that trip and we missed the Dominican and Haiti and went to Turks and Caicos. I would not recommend that route. Wherever you decide to go book your excursions ahead of time because they sell out. We didnt do a lot of formal excursions except swimming with the sea turtles and some scuba diving and climbing the Falls in Jamaica. We rented mopeds and toured the islands on our own most of the time but you should be in a group and a little street smart to do that (but it was sooo much fun and we saw so much we would not have seen if we stayed with the excursions)

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

quitthedrama thank you for letting me know! I have to figure out a good time to go. I know that it has to be before Worlds so I'm thinking December/Jan. Which is why I'm researching now! I'm all up for excursions and adventure so I just need a boat and cruise line that will have plenty of that! Disney would be perfect like BuegeSmalls said but I don't wanna be like "I went on a Disney cruise for my senior trip". I still wanna go on it though haha

St Thomas and San Juan are beautiful too!

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2
I agree! St Thomas is my favorite place I've been. I swear it has the best shopping out of all the places. And when we went to San Juan we did a Rainforest tour and it was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. Amazing place to go!

quitthedrama thank you for letting me know! I have to figure out a good time to go. I know that it has to be before Worlds so I'm thinking December/Jan. Which is why I'm researching now! I'm all up for excursions and adventure so I just need a boat and cruise line that will have plenty of that! Disney would be perfect like BuegeSmalls said but I don't wanna be like "I went on a Disney cruise for my senior trip". I still wanna go on it though haha
Trust me after you go on a Disney Cruise you will want to say that! If you show your friends they will be so jealous! Especially if you go on one of the new ships. Only ships at sea to have a slide that comes off the side of the ship and over the water! (amazing). I met my college roommate today and we were talking about vacations and she said she had always wanted to go on one. Even if you don't go Disney I'm sure you'll have an amazing time!

Trust me after you go on a Disney Cruise you will want to say that! If you show your friends they will be so jealous! Especially if you go on one of the new ships. Only ships at sea to have a slide that comes off the side of the ship and over the water! (amazing). I met my college roommate today and we were talking about vacations and she said she had always wanted to go on one. Even if you don't go Disney I'm sure you'll have an amazing time!
Okay I think you have persuaded me to look into them with that slide.... Haha plus I really am a kid at heart and you said they have good food. I'm worried about food cause I'm so picky!

Okay I think you have persuaded me to look into them with that slide.... Haha plus I really am a kid at heart and you said they have good food. I'm worried about food cause I'm so picky!
The slide is amazing, even my mom (who hates swimming) went in it. And it lights up at night. The best food on the ship is the chicken tenders and fries from Plutos Dog House and self serve ice cream (the banana is to die for!). On the pool deck they have Plutos Dog House, (chicken fingers, tacos, fries, burgers, hit dogs ect.) Your Healthy Food place-can't remember the name-(paninis (sp?), wraps, salad & fresh fruits and veggies) self serve soda/tea/coffee bar, smoothies and adult beverages, Top Siders(on the Disney Magic) or Cabanas (Disney Dream) which is buffet lunch (and breakfast!) which on the Magic every day has a theme (seafood, French, American ect) and Cabanas has a bunch of little sections that has different foods (my brother loved the sushi section). For dinner there is :
DISNEY MAGIC
Lumiers-French food (my parents made me try the escargots, surprisingly good-it really does tastes like chicken!- but weird texture
Animators Plate- not sure how to describe the food by the experience in the restaurant is one of a kind (watch the walls)
Parrot Cay-tropical food, the ribs are messy but deeeelish!
Palo- adults 18+ only, itialean must make special reservations for this restaurant right after boarding ship

DISNEY DREAM
Enchancted Garden-French
Animators Plate-same as above except these walls interact with you! Crush (from findin Nemo) swims through the walls (which are all interactive) and hangs out with guests
Royal Palace-not sure how to describe kind of food but it's deeeelish! And decorated beautifully (think cinderella castle)
Remys- adults only
Palo-Adults only

All menus are posted earlier during the day outside the restaurants so I like to go down early and check them out to make sure there's something I like. Whenever there isn't (which isn't usual-I'm picky too- I go with the "low fat (or something like that) chicken with vegetables". It's really good.

Breakfest, like I said before is served either at Cabanas or Topsiders for a buffet. Or you can go to certain sit down restaurants for a formal sit down breakfest.

So that's basically your food options of that ship. All the food you want to eat us paid for in your trip cost (can't think of proper wording) except extra drinks like smoothies or mixed tropical drinks.

Sorry for the long post. Like I said, I've gone seven times so it's basically my home away from home! But I've only been on the Magic & Dream. The Wonder does the 3 & 4 day cruises and we always go 7 day. And the Fansty just came out this year!! Hope this helps:) I have plenty more information about anything you might possibly need to know:)

BuegeSmalls you have totally made me feel better about the food! I was afraid there wasn't going to be options but apparently there are LOTS! I wanna go to the talking walls restaurant so bad now haha! And I can go to the adults only cause I'll be 18 :p or almost 18... Dang all inclusive is nice! Cause I drink a lot of waters and sodas haha

BuegeSmalls you have totally made me feel better about the food! I was afraid there wasn't going to be options but apparently there are LOTS! I wanna go to the talking walls restaurant so bad now haha! And I can go to the adults only cause I'll be 18 :p or almost 18... Dang all inclusive is nice! Cause I drink a lot of waters and sodas haha
You will never go hungry! I never got to go in adults only, I was 17 last year when we went on our most recent one :( The food is so good, I have tons of food picture (my aunt made us take them for her) if you would like to see just how delicious it all looks hahah:) there are also tons of great shows at night after dinner and don't forget about pirates night, which includes the fireworks show at sea! Only cruise line to do that:)

You will never go hungry! I never got to go in adults only, I was 17 last year when we went on our most recent one :( The food is so good, I have tons of food picture (my aunt made us take them for her) if you would like to see just how delicious it all looks hahah:) there are also tons of great shows at night after dinner and don't forget about pirates night, which includes the fireworks show at sea! Only cruise line to do that:)
Fireworks?! Heck yes. Do they have a movie theater kind of place? That would be sick!

Fireworks?! Heck yes. Do they have a movie theater kind of place? That would be sick!
Yes they do! Buena Vista Theater located in deck 5, aft (don't ask how I remember that lmao). And sometimes if you're lucky you get to see movies earlier before they come out. I saw Finding Nemo & Camp Rock that way:)

Back