OT Cruise

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
All my family lives on the west coast, and we have no family around holidays, so we decided to take a cruise for Christmas in 2010. It was SO much fun! We went through Royal Caribbean and sailed out of Port Canaveral Florida (Coco Beach). There were multiple pools, dance pool parties, a midnight pizza bar, BEN & JERRYS FOR LORDS SAKE, tons of shops, nice dining, kids areas, and so much more. They had this 'club' for kids 13-19 called 'Fuel', and that's basically where my brother & I lived the entire time, and we made so many awesome friends that we still talk to till this day!
We were on a 5 day cruise, and our first destination was Nassau, Bahamas. We arrived on Christmas day, and spent Christmas in Atlantis, AHHH. SO BEAUTIFUL. The last 2 days we were supposed to go to RC's private island, Coco Cay, but weather got bad and we couldn't. :banghead: so we were stuck on the ship, but it wasn't that bad.
A couple things I would be cautious about-- any cruise to Mexico or surrounding areas. My parents to a 10 day cruise before the kid napping epidemics broke out, and Cozumel was very beautiful. But with all that's happening to people on cruises, I wouldn't take a chance and go. I know many cruise lines have limited their cruises to Mexico now.
BOOK EARLY. We booked so late...we literally got one of the last rooms available. We lived in a shoebox for 5 days, no exaggeration. If you want a good room, with breathing space, book early so you can get a good one.
OH, and one more thing. We booked dinner for 5:30 every night, and regret it so much. Book the latest dinner possible. You want to have the entire day uninterrupted. We only got to spend like 3 hours in Atlantis (which is well over 100$ a person to get onto the stinkin' beach!!:rolleyes:), and had to leave for dinner.
haha longest fierceboard message I've ever posted. RECORDDDD

alexamarysouza that sounds incredible! I think we are going Carnival or Royal Caribbean definitely to visit grand cayman and either costomel or Jamaica! Wow your cruise sounds like it was a blast! I'm gonna make sure to book dinner late because I eat at like 8/9 anyways haha:) GOOD RECORD!

alexamarysouza that sounds incredible! I think we are going Carnival or Royal Caribbean definitely to visit grand cayman and either costomel or Jamaica! Wow your cruise sounds like it was a blast! I'm gonna make sure to book dinner late because I eat at like 8/9 anyways haha:) GOOD RECORD!
haha. My parents also went to Jamaica & Haiti (was before the hurricane wiped it out.), and they absolutely LOVED both of them. We have so many cute things they bought there. Another random tip for being in a tropical country- dont eat the fruit, lol. A lot of it can cause serious diseases and such, and the tour guides are gross in cutting it for you- i.e. dirty knifes they cut a plant out of a path with. not kidding!

haha. My parents also went to Jamaica & Haiti (was before the hurricane wiped it out.), and they absolutely LOVED both of them. We have so many cute things they bought there. Another random tip for being in a tropical country- dont eat the fruit, lol. A lot of it can cause serious diseases and such, and the tour guides are gross in cutting it for you- i.e. dirty knifes they cut a plant out of a path with. not kidding!
Haha thanks for the tip! I don't like trying new foods unless I know exactly what they are and what they are made of so I won't be trying new fruits! I'm weird like that. I won't try like new casseroles... or pasta dishes. I like everything simple!

Haha thanks for the tip! I don't like trying new foods unless I know exactly what they are and what they are made of so I won't be trying new fruits! I'm weird like that. I won't try like new casseroles... or pasta dishes. I like everything simple!
haha,good. those crazy jamaicans eat every fruit they see!

Back