Crying After Cheer???

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 18, 2012
Lately i have been crying after cheer practice. My coach makes me back a girl bigger than me when i'm also a flyer in our routine ( I explained about it in a different thread). I get yelled at because of dropping the flyer when i back because i'm to small!! The coach blames it all on me. I have to run laps almost the whole time from it to. Another thing is that one of my good friends don't talk to me anymore because i took her spot in flying in the routine. my coach switched our positions and she's mad at me now.....any advice?? Thinking about switching to CEA but i'm not sure yet because i'd have to drive almost an hour to get to the closest gym. :rolleyes:

Cheer is supposed to make you H A P P Y. Going to the gym is supposed to be a positive, fun, safe, environment. If it isn't like that for you, I would make the drive to CEA.

I would first ask to talk on your coach 1 on 1 about how you cant hold her up and it isn't your fault. Also, about your friend, if she was a really good friend she would be happy for you.

Are you really doing your best or are you taking the "I'm too small" attitude to practice? Some of the best bases and backs that I've seen are small but strong so size isn't the main issue.
When you say you are dropping her, do you mean that you aren't doing your part to help keep her up or you aren't catching her when she falls?
Honestly think about your attitude going into practice and if you are REALLY trying, then talk to your coach asking advice about how to get better---not about switching positions.

i try my best but she is alot bigger than me. she weighs 87 lbs & i only weight 73 lbs. im not keeping her up or catching her. when i try to catch her we both go down....lol. she leans back ALOT. when she leans back she lands on my face.... dawgshow

You need to ask your coach for tips on being a stronger back spot. Maybe nicely ask them to work with your whole stunt group since everyone needs to work together.
If I did the math right (can't see your reply right now, sorry) its only a difference of 14 pounds. That's really not much. I have a peanut of a CP who flies and bases. Her flyer is bigger than her, too, but with great training she's become a pretty good base. It can be done with help, dedication, and cooperation. Good luck.

You need to ask your coach for tips on being a stronger back spot. Maybe nicely ask them to work with your whole stunt group since everyone needs to work together.
If I did the math right (can't see your reply right now, sorry) its only a difference of 14 pounds. That's really not much. I have a peanut of a CP who flies and bases. Her flyer is bigger than her, too, but with great training she's become a pretty good base. It can be done with help, dedication, and cooperation. Good luck.
Thanks, and i really don't mind basing, i actually think it's pretty fun. i just can't be a backspot, it's just not my thing. i feel really guilty after practices because i always drop my flyer. then i also feel bad about getting yelled at...so hopefully things will get better and if not i'm gonna switch to CEA.

To be honest I base a girl who is easily 20-30 pounds bigger than me, and I don't have problems with it. If you can't reach her that is a problem... If you can I guess I would just condition condition condition to get stronger. I have been hit in the head (hard) too many times to count and hit anywhere else possible trying to save my flyer(this is. Different flyer) , at this point I find it hard to catch her and not get hurt because she doesn't do her job as a flyer. In fact I was hit in the nose so hard by that flyer today it bled for about 20 minutes, I'm not exaggerating either. I think there is a possibility it could be a flyer problem too. I can't really tell because there isn't a video but good luck!

To be honest I base a girl who is easily 20-30 pounds bigger than me, and I don't have problems with it. If you can't reach her that is a problem... If you can I guess I would just condition condition condition to get stronger. I have been hit in the head (hard) too many times to count and hit anywhere else possible trying to save my flyer(this is. Different flyer) , at this point I find it hard to catch her and not get hurt because she doesn't do her job as a flyer. In fact I was hit in the nose so hard by that flyer today it bled for about 20 minutes, I'm not exaggerating either. I think there is a possibility it could be a flyer problem too. I can't really tell because there isn't a video but good luck!
yah i can't reach her and she is new to flying and the bases are new to basing. i think its the whole stunt group. she always falls and when she does i get tackled because the bases don't do their part as bases. they just stand there when she falls and don't even try to catch her.

Ok this definitely does not sound like your problem.... Have someone video it and try to go over it with your group! I also think that you guys could meet up and practice the stunt? I'm not sure why your coaches have you in a group where everyone but you is new and you aren't even used to back basing yet... It also sounds like this is a new stunt group based on the fact that you said I think that the bases are new.

Ok this definitely does not sound like your problem.... Have someone video it and try to go over it with your group! I also think that you guys could meet up and practice the stunt? I'm not sure why your coaches have you in a group where everyone but you is new and you aren't even used to back basing yet... It also sounds like this is a new stunt group based on the fact that you said I think that the bases are new.
we are supposed to be getting together before practice this week to work on it for about 20-30 minutes. i hoping it goes well but we have been working on this sense july & it hasn't gotten any better. i'm hoping i will be moved to base, fly or front. anything but backing!! also one of the bases is supposed to be quitting but she said shes gonna wait until after the first comp. so i dont know how this will go...

Ek, it sounds like your group just isn't clicking, wait until after you practice to say something to a coach, just ask for some tips to start and I'd it still doesn't have a coach watch it and correct you one by one

Ek, it sounds like your group just isn't clicking, wait until after you practice to say something to a coach, just ask for some tips to start and I'd it still doesn't have a coach watch it and correct you one by one
thanks, that's what i'm gonna do. hopefully it will get better!!

Lately i have been crying after cheer practice. My coach makes me back a girl bigger than me when i'm also a flyer in our routine ( I explained about it in a different thread). I get yelled at because of dropping the flyer when i back because i'm to small!! The coach blames it all on me. I have to run laps almost the whole time from it to. Another thing is that one of my good friends don't talk to me anymore because i took her spot in flying in the routine. my coach switched our positions and she's mad at me now.....any advice?? Thinking about switching to CEA but i'm not sure yet because i'd have to drive almost an hour to get to the closest gym. :rolleyes:
Have you tried talking to the coaches and your friend you lost,because I lost my friend bečause of the same thing but then I talked to her and we are best friends again

Back