All-Star Csp Tweet: No More Travelling For Cea Teams.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

so i became curious as to how csp managed to get herself banned from here and went looking for her last posts. i searched for username csp and only came up with someone named cspoon, whose avi is that of a spatula with makeup and a wig...

2015_03_09_20_20_20.jpg

i take it that that isnt her. lol.
Haha, if you're still curious, it's ceacoach.

so i became curious as to how csp managed to get herself banned from here and went looking for her last posts. i searched for username csp and only came up with someone named cspoon, whose avi is that of a spatula with makeup and a wig...

2015_03_09_20_20_20.jpg

i take it that that isnt her. lol.

Neither is El Popa. It is CEACoach. I believe she got banned when that awful blog came out that was rather personal about her. She was understandably upset, but she thought it was authored by me and directed it at me. Words and legal threats were exchanged and I decided it was time for her to go. Everything cooled down later and we had a general unbanning of everyone. (DJ, CSP, lolsmileyface, there were a few others but definitely kept banned the names that were quite rude... maddiefallin for example was not allowed back because that is unacceptable).

I was thinking about another thing that might have played into this. The weather has given us all a run for our money, especially this season. Teams from the CEA area had to deal with chaos on both ends of the trip to get to NCA. Flights were getting canceled; extra days of school were being missed; and unbudgeted money was being spent.

I can't help but think that at some point, an owner might say, "why am I putting this extra stress on my families?"

as a parent of a young level 4 athlete, in a large gym with dreams of making one of the premier Sr 5 teams in the gym, I am terrified of the amount of money it will cost when she gets there. we are already spending a small fortune with two comps that require flights and a ton of hotel stays. I actually think to myself in X years she could be on one of these teams and I will have X years of having to figure out a way to pay for it. my husband and i make decent money & cheerleading kills us financially and i don't see light at the end of the tunnel.

the premier level 5 teams are attending all of these new "prestigious" competitions that are created to make gyms and teams feel like they have to attend or they are irrelevant. in the 4 years my cp has been cheering it has gone from just Cheersport, NCA & Worlds to all of these I just mentioned plus adding CL, Major's AS Games and others I am prob missing. enough is enough.

all of the excess travel is eliminating athletes from cheerleading. i have had conversations with a few parents of worlds teams at our gym and they said their kid probably isn't going to return next season because it is too expensive. So you have some extremely talented kids that won't be cheering because the travel to all of these new comps and it's absolutely ridiculous.

i understand that EP's want to increase revenue into their business so they say "hey, let's create a new invite only competition and make it seem really exclusive - all the lower levels and smaller gyms will want to come because BIG NAME gym will be there - cha ching! we are gonna make a ton of money!!!!!!!!". and guess what, they have. i have a friend who's cp is on a worlds team at a smaller gym and they called and asked if they could go to AS games - and they are going. so basically the gym owner called and asked for them to go purely so they could get exposure for their gym = bringing in new athletes because they were in the promo for AS games.

so with my total rambling here because it's early and i'm sick - i applaud CSP for saying enough is enough. CEA doesn't need to attend a zillion comps that require air fare. Cheerleading costs enough as it is and all of these added comps are just adding additional costs and pricing out families even more. And i applaud the parents that spoke to her about it because it's about time the parents stand up and put our foot down on the ridiculous costs that keep increasing.

as a parent of a young level 4 athlete, in a large gym with dreams of making one of the premier Sr 5 teams in the gym, I am terrified of the amount of money it will cost when she gets there. we are already spending a small fortune with two comps that require flights and a ton of hotel stays. I actually think to myself in X years she could be on one of these teams and I will have X years of having to figure out a way to pay for it. my husband and i make decent money & cheerleading kills us financially and i don't see light at the end of the tunnel.

the premier level 5 teams are attending all of these new "prestigious" competitions that are created to make gyms and teams feel like they have to attend or they are irrelevant. in the 4 years my cp has been cheering it has gone from just Cheersport, NCA & Worlds to all of these I just mentioned plus adding CL, Major's AS Games and others I am prob missing. enough is enough.

all of the excess travel is eliminating athletes from cheerleading. i have had conversations with a few parents of worlds teams at our gym and they said their kid probably isn't going to return next season because it is too expensive. So you have some extremely talented kids that won't be cheering because the travel to all of these new comps and it's absolutely ridiculous.

i understand that EP's want to increase revenue into their business so they say "hey, let's create a new invite only competition and make it seem really exclusive - all the lower levels and smaller gyms will want to come because BIG NAME gym will be there - cha ching! we are gonna make a ton of money!!!!!!!!". and guess what, they have. i have a friend who's cp is on a worlds team at a smaller gym and they called and asked if they could go to AS games - and they are going. so basically the gym owner called and asked for them to go purely so they could get exposure for their gym = bringing in new athletes because they were in the promo for AS games.

so with my total rambling here because it's early and i'm sick - i applaud CSP for saying enough is enough. CEA doesn't need to attend a zillion comps that require air fare. Cheerleading costs enough as it is and all of these added comps are just adding additional costs and pricing out families even more. And i applaud the parents that spoke to her about it because it's about time the parents stand up and put our foot down on the ridiculous costs that keep increasing.
I completely agree with you. All these extra comps are getting redic. The majors, all star games, champions league, triple crown. The only thing is she did choose to go to these. Not trying to make trouble but maybe she should have thought about all the extra expense her families would have to pay when she decided to go in the first place. Could have saved them a lot this year.
I do get the point though that these companies make it worse by enticing gyms with these extra comps

"Well if shes as smart as some on here say, then I'm sure she knows she could have worded that differently IF her intention was just to complain about the ep NCA.

And your and the CEA moderator on here sum up CEA pretty well, its all about senior elite! pretty sure there are other teams from cea that have gone and won almost yearly! SE doesnt win so now nobody goes?? and BTW as you point out they have won worlds ? yes with a drop once and a traveling "non bobble" stunt once Also for the lg sr division, worlds is a one day comp. if you would have had prelim scoring count... worlds may look quite different."

This is probably one of the rudest comments Ive seen on fierceboard.. and I have seen alot. What gives you the right to speak to anyone this way ?

"Well if shes as smart as some on here say, then I'm sure she knows she could have worded that differently IF her intention was just to complain about the ep NCA.

And your and the CEA moderator on here sum up CEA pretty well, its all about senior elite! pretty sure there are other teams from cea that have gone and won almost yearly! SE doesnt win so now nobody goes?? and BTW as you point out they have won worlds ? yes with a drop once and a traveling "non bobble" stunt once Also for the lg sr division, worlds is a one day comp. if you would have had prelim scoring count... worlds may look quite different."

This is probably one of the rudest comments Ive seen on fierceboard.. and I have seen alot. What gives you the right to speak to anyone this way ?

Who are you quoting?

I completely agree with you. All these extra comps are getting redic. The majors, all star games, champions league, triple crown. The only thing is she did choose to go to these. Not trying to make trouble but maybe she should have thought about all the extra expense her families would have to pay when she decided to go in the first place. Could have saved them a lot this year.
I do get the point though that these companies make it worse by enticing gyms with these extra comps

She prob did but it seems as though parents didn't really speak up until now. I honestly have no clue because I don't know anyone at CEA but I hope our gym follows suit and gives our worlds teams and the rest of us all a break.

and read @mstealtoyou 's reply to the comment. Its incredibly rude.

What are you talking about? She said that she named SE in her response because that is the team that she is personally familiar with. I don't understand how you can say the reply was rude.She clarified her own comments (which I posted below) which she is allowed to do, even if she is a mod or is teal.

It's not all about SE. It's the only team I'm involved enough to speak to. Your comment is insulting. But, I'm guessing that was your intent.

What are you talking about? She said that she named SE in her response because that is the team that she is personally familiar with. I don't understand how you can say the reply was rude.She clarified her own comments (which I posted below) which she is allowed to do, even if she is a mod or is teal.
I'm thinking @Tealxblack25 was referring to the original comment (the one Ms. Teal was responding to) as being rude.

I'm thinking @Tealxblack25 was referring to the original comment (the one Ms. Teal was responding to) as being rude.

I hope you are right and that is why I asked for clarification. I will throw it out there that I definitely need some caffiene right now, so if I apologize if I am not following the conversation correctly.

I hope you are right and that is why I asked for clarification. I will throw it out there that I definitely need some caffiene right now, so if I apologize if I am not following the conversation correctly.

It would be much less confusing I think if she quoted the original post correctly.

Sorry everyone, yeah I was trying to quote the original comment. I dont know what happened..
I was defending @mstealtoyou - not calling her rude. I just came upon this thread and wanted to read from start to finish until I came across that reply.. I missed the original comment in my quest and figured I would just reply/quote a reply that has to do with it.

I dont think what @mom2three said was very appropriate.
I dont understand how that is gossip @ScottyB
I was clearly just making a statement / voicing my opinion which I am entitled to. Im not going around like "omg did you see what so and so said to Suzie about her jumps ? or, yeah I heard she has secrets in her hair and thats why its so big.. but dont tell anyone i told you. THAT is gossip.

otj05x.png

Back