All-Star Csp Tweet: No More Travelling For Cea Teams.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Junior Coed Elite Crush also won Large Junior Coed Level 5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what happens when you stop following cheer updates and go to work! Congrats to Crush!
My point is the same. The Triple Crown was an expensive venture. I don't think the announcement came out of haterism.

On the topic of CEA, anyone know when Phoenix became large coed? I could have swore they were medium earlier in the season.

On the topic of CEA, anyone know when Phoenix became large coed? I could have swore they were medium earlier in the season.

I was wondering about that too. I saw the placements of large coed, but I ignored the team names, and I was like "Wow, Coed Elite didn't show up to UCA did they." only to discover that Coed Elite really didn't show up to UCA.

I was wondering about that too. I saw the placements of large coed, but I ignored the team names, and I was like "Wow, Coed Elite didn't show up to UCA did they." only to discover that Coed Elite really didn't show up to UCA.
They were large coed since the Spirit of Hope National Championship in January where they earned their partial-paid bid with the help of coed elite crossovers...... hence, both teams can never compete at the same competition.

I'm not sure how many crossovers they used this past weekend, but I don't see them fairing too well in the division with their crossovers taken out unless they evenly split the crossover athletes between Coed Elite and Phoenix...... either way, both teams need to finalise their rosters for Worlds.

Last edited:
I think they cut out most (or all) crossovers and went to get another bid. Csp posted a video on FB and commented that most of the boys competed for the first time ever.

I feel lucky compared to what I am reading with travel expenses. Our gym does one major travel comp that is still within driving distance and five/six 1-2 day, relatively local competitions.

Last edited:
I always wondered about gyms in areas like Colorado, Iowa, Idaho, and many other states, etc..., these Allstar programs in those states have no choice but to travel to all the big competitions and cannot get around the Stay to Play policy. In my opinion, these are the gyms that we should be fighting and helping to get rid of the unfair practices that governs the finances and accessibility of cheerleading for every talented athlete in this sport. .. It is easy for big programs like CEA, WC, TopGun, etc... to say we are not traveling anymore, but these gyms with little major competitions around them they have no choice, but put up with these policies... Let's think about what is fair for everyone, not just a select group... Like I said before, why not move these competitions around, particularly, NCA, Worlds, Summit and Cheersport, so every gym in different areas can have a chance to drive to a major competition...just saying!
I go to a gym in Iowa Andes me tell tell from 7 years of cheer, there is NOTHING in Iowa. The closest thing is Kansas City and Jamfest Super Nationals in Indy. The worst part is that my family likes to drive, meaning a 23 hour drive to worlds this year...

I also think you'll find some families will fly anyway and those who want to drive will do so. I'm not sure how much of a difference the price will be, but I imagine driving is likely cheaper given the World's and Summit time frames.

Another fact is no one getting stuck at an airport due to weather---I don't think CEA had this issue at NCA but it could now be avoided in the future.

@disneydance I'm no stranger to negatively marked comments, but this isn't exactly what I'd consider gossip.

So I moticed SSX is going to the majors, I thought all CEA teams weren't traveling this season. Where is the majors held this year?

Back