All-Star Csp Tweet: No More Travelling For Cea Teams.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

When I cheered, if it was more than 5 hours my mom had us fly. So if I was on CEA my flight would be booked already lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree with about 5 hours being the max for driving. I live in northern Ohio so luckily most competions I went to were in that frame (Indy,Chicago,Louisville,southern OH comps) we drove 8-9 hours to Maryland for BATC and it was such a long drive and so was our 10-11 hours to Atlanta for Cheersport! Unfortunately plane tickets were way to far out of our price range for these 2 airports that we had no choice my mom and I were miserable and she swore she would never drive that far ever again after Atlanta!

It was addressed earlier in the thread that they considered World's driving distance.
I love CEA I really do. But if you are purposely avoiding NCA then just come out and say it, why beat around the bush and use driving distance as an excuse to not go. Cause NCA is a 15 hour drive...... I mean I think most people could have guessed they weren't going to attend awhile ago, I guess I'm more of a straight forward person when it comes to that kind of stuff.

Today I had a comp 1 hr from my house. That's my limit of how far I can drive before I consider it "too far".

Lucky for me, my city is about a 2 hour drive from end to end, and anything outside of that is essentially scrub and super small towns. #isolatedcityproblems

It took us (meaning me) 10 hours to drive to VB this past May for US Finals because of traffic and fog. It was a long, miserable drive but the alternative was staying an extra night to fly home and having cp miss school Monday morning because of the time she was competing/awards on Sunday. Fortunately the drive home only took about 7 hours.

I love CEA I really do. But if you are purposely avoiding NCA then just come out and say it, why beat around the bush and use driving distance as an excuse to not go. Cause NCA is a 15 hour drive...... I mean I think most people could have guessed they weren't going to attend awhile ago, I guess I'm more of a straight forward person when it comes to that kind of stuff.

IMO- it is more that just NCA. Last season teams went back to back weekends to Dallas, LA, Disney, and then throw in Vegas for some. It was just too much for a lot of kids and families. Kids missed a lot of school- more than most could handle and keep the high academics that parents expect. Plus a lot of parents used all their vacation to get kids to these long distance trips. I think the schedule will be a lot more spread out, with an emphasis on drivable comps. Now, will people still fly to Indy and Disney- sure. Probably even Atlanta. But we don't have to, and that is what she is trying to work out to keep kids and families in the sport.

IMO- it is more that just NCA. Last season teams went back to back weekends to Dallas, LA, Disney, and then throw in Vegas for some. It was just too much for a lot of kids and families. Kids missed a lot of school- more than most could handle and keep the high academics that parents expect. Plus a lot of parents used all their vacation to get kids to these long distance trips. I think the schedule will be a lot more spread out, with an emphasis on drivable comps. Now, will people still fly to Indy and Disney- sure. Probably even Atlanta. But we don't have to, and that is what she is trying to work out to keep kids and families in the sport.
I think the only people who believe this wasn't just about NCA are those from CEA but at the same time, it really doesn't affect anyone but those from CEA. I wouldn't be surprised to see a similar comp schedule as last season with the exception that CL is in a closer location.

"You are only responsible for being honest, not for someone else's reaction to your honesty."

It's actually interesting to see how americans consider an 8 hour drive a drivable distance.
THIS. An 8 hour drive directly north or south of where I live would bring me to a different country... and seeing upwards of 12 hours? How do you even have the energy to survive the weekend at competitions? [emoji15]

im gonna go out on a limb and say they are going to worlds as well in the long run. do they plan on driving all the way down here as well?
as crazy as it is, why do i get the feeling NCA will be the only competition they might skip... has anything been said yet about dallas.

We will go to Worlds if we get a bid. It's a 9/10 hour drive depending on where you live. (For example our Charlotte athletes are 1 1/2 closer to FL than we are). Even so, with not having bought flight tickets all season maybe some families could financially afford to fly there instead of driving. Some will drive it.....like me.

@mstealtoyou - Is MAJORS Stay to Play? Jamfest Indy is Stay to Play, so I guess I assumed MAJORS was as well.

While we do have a hotel block arranged by our travel person, I'm almost positive SE did not have to submit a roster of where we were staying. I'll ask to double check.

Point taken. And it's 17 hours but who's counting. Lmao.

I said in an earlier post there are many reasons why we aren't doing NCA this year. Most are just focused on the driving distances. (Shrug) lol

When I cheered, if it was more than 5 hours my mom had us fly. So if I was on CEA my flight would be booked already lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People still have the option to fly if that's what works out better financially and time wise for them. Keeping our schedule drivable just opens up more options for her families. As a parent, more options usually aren't a bad thing.

I think an hour away to Stockholm from where I live is a long drive/train ride, for anything haha. I could never do 5+ hours for a comp. I've gone on 5 long car rides in my 22 year long life. 2 were to and from Hungary(which is days w/ stops) when I was 9 months. 2 were a +-20 hour drive to and from where I went to high school, and another one was like 16 from there to another city. I was beat by the end of all of them, and never wanna do it again haha. Whenever I can, I fly, no matter if it's more expensive, which it normally isn't even here in Sweden/Europe. I guess I've been blessed to have jamfest nordic and our officiall nationals in the town I live, sure missing out on the hotel fun, but having only 4 minute walk to the arena sure is nice!

Back