All-Star Csp Tweet: No More Travelling For Cea Teams.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I drove to the Summit this year from NC. So I would assume Worlds is driveable for the CEA families that choose to. Long, but totally doable. Have yall see airfare prices recently?!?

I drove to the Summit this year from NC. So I would assume Worlds is driveable for the CEA families that choose to. Long, but totally doable. Have yall see airfare prices recently?!?
Haha exactly. My family makes the 20 hour drive to Texas at least 2-3 times a year. It's long, but it's a heck of a lot cheaper than all of us flying. If we have the time to drive, we are driving.

Usually our nearest World bid competition to where I live is 4+ hrs. That is basically nothing but 8 hrs is an easy trip depending on final location, especially if you have more than 1 driver. Just like some cannot fathom a 6 hr drive to be doable I am chuckling at those who think 1 hr is too far. I know people who drive that time and more just to get to work everyday.

**Big shout out to the Boarder that tagged me in the "Cute Puppy" pictures on the other FB. You are the best**

THIS. An 8 hour drive directly north or south of where I live would bring me to a different country... and seeing upwards of 12 hours? How do you even have the energy to survive the weekend at competitions? [emoji15]

There are states where after driving 8 hours you're still in the same state.

My favorite is when you drive out of your state, through two other states, just to go to a different part of your state because that's the fastest way to get there.

USA problems :p

Eta: There are probably Canadian provinces where you can drive for almost 24 hours and never leave the province. The world is so big.

My brother played travel baseball and we literally drove everywhere to his comps. From Michigan to FL, SC, NY, Ohio, etc. We always carpooled. We didn't really even think about flying. Definitely doable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope. I live in the U.S., and anything over 6 hrs is going to be a flight for me. Luckily, I can get to almost everything in under that time. Haha. Living in Georgia we can get to a ton of beaches in like 4ish hours and worlds in about 6. I competed in Dallas (and have gone there for work), and I flew every time I went. But otherwise, Georgia has lots of competitions all over the state so we usually don't have to travel too far for good competitions (just like Texas teams).

The farthest I've ever driven for a competition is 7 hours and I've never flown. When we have to drive more than two hours I consider it far away, but that's because living between KC and StL you get used to 2 hour drives getting you to a big city in either direction. It's just my mom and I who go to comps (though my sister came to one this year) and we've become pros at the drive to StL/KC. I have driven 20+ hours (whatever it is from Boston to Columbia MO and DC to Columbia MO) which was terrible. My mom would never drive that with just the two of us for a comp! 6 hours for her is pushing it, and that's splitting with me. She prefers to have my dad drive most of the way... She used to struggle and HATE getting to KC/STL but she's gotten better. We don't even have to stop for potty breaks anymore!

2 years ago, my gym (in central jersey) traveled down to Cheersport Nationals in Georgia during the biggest snow storm. Georgia was on state of emergency as well because they received that "ice". I think their main road is 95, but it was closed down. It took us forever. We left NJ at 3:30pm on a Wednesday, stopped to sleep at a hotel (in Virginia) around 1:30am, left to get on the road again at 6:00am. We didn't arrive to Georgia until Friday morning (3:00amish). It took over 24 hours. We hit 4 hours of NON MOVING traffic.

I've taken a bus trip from Arlington, VA to Austin, TX...now THAT was a car ride I wouldn't wish upon anyone.
----
Good on CEA for putting their foot down. One fly-away competition (be it Worlds or w/e) is PLENTY for a season.

I've taken a bus trip from Arlington, VA to Austin, TX...now THAT was a car ride I wouldn't wish upon anyone.
----
Good on CEA for putting their foot down. One fly-away competition (be it Worlds or w/e) is PLENTY for a season.
I'm sure a bus is much worse than a car. But I do that drive like twice a year haha

I drove to Vegas for Allstar games from San Antonio.

It's an 18 hour drive I think.. But took me a little longer.

I was suppose to leave at 5pm on a Thursday from the cheer gym but one of the kids I was driving was a little late so I think like 6ish central time.

I slept very little Thursday morning as I stayed up the Wednesday night before trying to finish homework

I was to drive it straight through I want to say I got there at like 1:30 pm Vegas time so that was like 3:30 central time the next so I skipped my Thursday night sleep lol

So it took me 22.5 hours - 22.5 hours driving straight and being the only driver is not bad but I'd rather not do it thru the night of hours I'd normally be asleep. I'd rather it be me getting up early driving late but not all thru the night for future references.

talk about a long drive but not impossible.

I'd do it again - I think.

I'd rather fly but don't mind driving.

The drive back was worse as we were parked on the interstate at one point for over 4 hours, and couldn't move and if you had to pee u had to squat on the side of the interstate.
Good times. Lol
So we ended up getting a room.

We left like at like 12pm Vegas time so it was 2pm central time and we didn't get home till like like 1130 pm central time the following day.

Now that was physically draining.

I'm sure a bus is much worse than a car. But I do that drive like twice a year haha

not to completely derail this thread...but the trip I was on was this (through my internship) and a large percentage of the people on the bus were ex-homeschooled/incredibly sheltered (but lovely, lovely people) and went to very religious colleges. Anyhow, the bus was streaming Ferris Bueller's Day Off on Comedy Central and when that ended Tosh.0 began...and the first video was three guys twerking in speedos. I've never laughed so hard in my entire life seeing everyone's horrified reactions.

Accurate. It'd probably take 24 hours to drive from the north end to the south end of BC. Don't ask me to test that theory out, as the 8 hour drive from Vancouver to Nelson killed all feeling in my rear end.

BC was actually the province I was thinking of when I wrote that! Google maps says it's over 22 hours between two towns close to opposite ends.

When I was a junior aged athlete, we did a comp in Minnesota. And took a train there and back. 28 hours one way y'all. Our coach thought it'd be "fun." We didn't even make finals.

Back