All-Star Csp Tweet: No More Travelling For Cea Teams.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We certainly aren't the cheapest, but when you do the math, it isn't as expensive as you would think.

It's not whether the fees are included in tuition or not. For us, it was the travel expenses and the other "add ons." One year, we spent over $3000 in just travel and that was on a level 3 team. That did not include the extra practice wear, travel food, uniforms, attendance fees, etc. I didn't even try to tally it when she was on a level 5. It was too depressing. Now we have college expenses and driving insurance for 2 "inexperienced" drivers. Can some people afford all that? Yes. Are some people spending money now they may need in the future? Yes. And sadly, some are spending money they don't have.

For me though, I preferred paying comp fees separately. I guess I just like knowing what I'm spending the money on.

***Forgive the spelling. Sent from my phone. :)

My understanding has always been the locations with the white program uniforms for lower teams are Kelly's and the locations with black program uniforms for lower teams are Courtney's

kelly went to CHEERSPORT last year and Courtney didn't, this year Courtney went and Kelly didn't.

My friend is on CEA 4.2 Angels (Raleigh/white uniforms). They were at CHEERSPORT this year.

Thats sad. What good is your kid doing cheer if there is an foreclosed/eviction notice on your door. Or the kid comes home to no lights, water, or food? What do you tell them? You cheer tuition was due?

Oh. I had a parent approach me about my child's gym this weekend. She wanted very much to know a breakdown of the costs. Then she wanted to know if there were late fees. Girrrlllll...if you're already planning for late fees...yikes. :(

Oh. I had a parent approach me about my child's gym this weekend. She wanted very much to know a breakdown of the costs. Then she wanted to know if there were late fees. Girrrlllll...if you're already planning for late fees...yikes. :(

I've been thinking about putting my 3 years old little cousin in cheer since she is pretty much my kid, but I'm not sure if I'm ready for that financial commitment and its cheap.

Thats sad. What good is your kid doing cheer if there is an foreclosed/eviction notice on your door. Or the kid comes home to no lights, water, or food? What do you tell them? You cheer tuition was due?

For some, a kid's happiness comes above all that until you absolutely HAVE to address those things (i.e. eviction notices or collections calls.)

That and in many ways, parents don't want their financial issues to become "real" to their kids. Ex: You want to keep Suzie in cheer at all costs because she CAN'T know how badly you're really doing. You want to do whatever you can to shield her from the consequences of your financial choices or the fallout from your hardship.

You can "hide" the collections calls and notices from your 11-year-old. You cannot hide the "your mom didn't pay for tuition" conversation or the "we have to quit cheer" conversation from her.

There's also an element of whether you've been THAT MOM at the gym. That Mom spares no expense on bows and practice wear, shells out for 3 privates a week, pays for 2 classes on top of tuition, springs for the nicer restaurants at out-of-town comps, etc.

You really can't go from being That Mom to telling your child "We can't do this anymore because we can barely pay our bills." You worry about what folks would say. So you cut corners with necessities, use your credit card until it's maxed out, etc.

Tweets are like photos. They capture a moment in time. Tomorrow, next month, or next year, things (feelings, finances, relationships) may change. I don't get why there are 25 pages devoted to what someone said in a moment...after money has already been spent. Now, if this were a letter to staff or parents in June... Jmho

For some, a kid's happiness comes above all that until you absolutely HAVE to address those things (i.e. eviction notices or collections calls.)

That and in many ways, parents don't want their financial issues to become "real" to their kids. Ex: You want to keep Suzie in cheer at all costs because she CAN'T know how badly you're really doing. You want to do whatever you can to shield her from the consequences of your financial choices or the fallout from your hardship.

You can "hide" the collections calls and notices from your 11-year-old. You cannot hide the "your mom didn't pay for tuition" conversation or the "we have to quit cheer" conversation from her.

There's also an element of whether you've been THAT MOM at the gym. That Mom spares no expense on bows and practice wear, shells out for 3 privates a week, pays for 2 classes on top of tuition, springs for the nicer restaurants at out-of-town comps, etc.

You really can't go from being That Mom to telling your child "We can't do this anymore because we can barely pay our bills." You worry about what folks would say. So you cut corners with necessities, use your credit card until it's maxed out, etc.

Thank the heavens that Im alittle frugal, I hate 800 #s showing up on my id, Oh and the fact that my kid has 4 legs.

I think 25 pages of conversations evolved to other conversation then initial start - almost like a routine. What u get in the beginning is not what you get at the end.

I know for me my conversation intent was not addressing her decisions. I can't question a gyms decision no more then I can question ones parenting.

More than you think! For some, the cheer bill seriously might get paid before the mortgage/rent/electric/gas!

First event I ever went to I sat next to a mom who admitted to me that she was behind on her credit card payments and didn't care because of her kids sports. She had 2 kids one was cheer one was something else. She routinely pays within the grace period and pays a full month behind on everything else.

Personally, I just can't live like that, my OCD would literally suffocate me to death.

First event I ever went to I sat next to a mom who admitted to me that she was behind on her credit card payments and didn't care because of her kids sports. She had 2 kids one was cheer one was something else. She routinely pays within the grace period and pays a full month behind on everything else.

Personally, I just can't live like that, my OCD would literally suffocate me to death.
Same.

I think 25 pages of conversations evolved to other conversation then initial start - almost like a routine. What u get in the beginning is not what you get at the end.

I know for me my conversation intent was not addressing her decisions. I can't question a gyms decision no more then I can question ones parenting.

I wasn't addressing any one poster, specifically, but the creation of the thread in general. The thread just recently, within the past four pages, turned away from CSP and her motivations for her tweet(s). In any case, I was just expressing my opinion on the topic in general.

About paying for cheer: I am a single mom and worked double and triple shifts to pay for cheer. Now that she's in college, besides the gaining obvious (relationships, values, memories, photos)we all hope our kids get from cheer, I hope she learned to be tenacious, resourceful, honorable and hardworking. Because these will fit her long after the uniforms, bows and sports bras don't.

Back