OT Curly Hair And Cheerleading.....

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Mar 30, 2013
So I have curly hair. And not the "curly" hair like waves or anything. I have blonde curls that look like telephone cord. And it SUCKS. every time I come back from tumbling I have a AFRO. So I decided I would get my hair permanently straighten FOREVER!!!!!!! So excited. If Any of you ladies have thick, unmanageable, frizzy, dry hair, please look into Japanese straightening, or Japanese thermal reconditioning. It's the best option for you hair, its the healthiest option for your hair. :)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I always like seeing of ethnic hair on teams. Just work with it instead of trying to work against it i.e. frying it out on a regular basis.

What do you mean you like seeing it ? It looks like any other straight hair...or do You mean naturally ? Lmao some girls like me have hair that is hard and too thick to put up naturally and spend hours trying to straighten it only to sweat it back out 5 minutes later as soon as we have practice or a competition 0_o :/ however I will admit I like my natural hair better, it's just not exactly...competition ready (too short in it's natural state) .

What do you mean you like seeing it ? It looks like any other straight hair...or do You mean naturally ? Lmao some girls like me have hair that is hard and too thick to put up naturally and spend hours trying to straighten it only to sweat it back out 5 minutes later as soon as we have practice or a competition 0_o :/ however I will admit I like my natural hair better, it's just not exactly...competition ready (too short in it's natural state) .

Lol I like seeing it in the natural state.

It looks nice you don't wear it that way for competitions?

Naww I wish I could . It's just that when I sweat, my hair gets frizzy and shrinks up into a little Afro pony tail thing that looks like I was too lazy to comb through my hair .. And for practice that's okay cause it's just the same people you're around all time, but at competitions it's like you get all dolled up in your uniform and makeup, you're taking pictures and out in public so you want to look better than you usually do . If that sounds right...I'm really bad at explaining things .

My cp has ringlets as well and even when I spray the heck out of it she gets "troll doll" hair in the front by the end of a routine. Last year I would just reroll her hair in curlers and it would force it into the correct curl. This year I think we are straight ponies...I think I am going to get her a Brazilian blowout at the start of the season to make it easy on us!

My cp has ringlets as well and even when I spray the heck out of it she gets "troll doll" hair in the front by the end of a routine. Last year I would just reroll her hair in curlers and it would force it into the correct curl. This year I think we are straight ponies...I think I am going to get her a Brazilian blowout at the start of the season to make it easy on us!

We hadn't curled hair since our KittyKatz days. I got so tired of straightening I did the Brazilian Blowout - LOVED IT. I kid you not, very next comp coach wanted tight curls. On a Senior 5? Really? Ugh.

PM me to learn more about it :) it's very safe for hair, it stays straight FOREVER. Once your hair is straightened IT CAN NOT GO BACK. You can get chlorine, salt water, sweat anything in it and it will look perfectly natural and straight. And yes people with ethnic hair can have it done :)

PM me to learn more about it :) it's very safe for hair, it stays straight FOREVER. Once your hair is straightened IT CAN NOT GO BACK. You can get chlorine, salt water, sweat anything in it and it will look perfectly natural and straight. And yes people with ethnic hair can have it done :)

But you will still have to have the new growth treated as in comes in,right? I wish there was a treatment that would just take out the frizz and leave the curls so I did not have to use as much product.
Both my cp was lucky to have inherited her dad's straight hair, so whether the gyms wants curls or straight she is fine. If she had my hair, it would be a nightmare for every single comp.

But you will still have to have the new growth treated as in comes in,right? I wish there was a treatment that would just take out the frizz and leave the curls so I did not have to use as much product.
Both my cp was lucky to have inherited her dad's straight hair, so whether the gyms wants curls or straight she is fine. If she had my hair, it would be a nightmare for every single comp.

Have you tried an anti-humidity product? I used this one on the little girl I nannied for (she had natural tiny ringlets), and it worked really well. Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel - No Frizz for Curly Hair

Have you tried an anti-humidity product? I used this one on the little girl I nannied for (she had natural tiny ringlets), and it worked really well. Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel - No Frizz for Curly Hair
Funny you should mention Ouidad products. I actually went to her salon in the city about 15 years ago and she cut my hair herself. Not only was I disappointed with the cut which of course was very expensive but her products worked absolutely horribly on my hair. Any time I see her being promoted as the ultimate authority on curls and curly hair, I laugh. About a week after going to her - and did I call the salon to let them know how disappointed I was - I actually wound up cutting off all my hair into a crew cut lol. So if you have any other recommendations aside from Ouidad products, send them my way! I use John Frieda mostly but have to use so much each time.

Back