All-Star D1/d2 Summit Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 13, 2015
I was wondering...
lets say you had a team with 18 girls, one was injured before a comp, so 18 competed on the floor. At that event(that 17 girls competed at) they got a summit bid. Would the injured girl get to compete at the summit ,making 18, or could only the 17 that were on the floor when they got the bid ?
I see the rules state you MUST compete with the same number....

I think it depends on if the girl was still rostered as part of the team at the competition the bid was awarded....if the team was still listed as having 18 members but only 17 took the mat they may still count as having 18 members....I'm honestly not sure though...all of these Varsity rules can be confusing

I was wondering...
lets say you had a team with 18 girls, one was injured before a comp, so 18 competed on the floor. At that event(that 17 girls competed at) they got a summit bid. Would the injured girl get to compete at the summit ,making 18, or could only the 17 that were on the floor when they got the bid ?
I see the rules state you MUST compete with the same number....

The last part is correct. If you won the bid with 17 then only a max of 17 athletes could take the floor. You can compete with less as long as it does not change your division. So the only way the injured athlete could take the floor would be if another athlete came off the team so that the total roster stays at 17 memebers.

The last part is correct. If you won the bid with 17 then only a max of 17 athletes could take the floor. You can compete with less as long as it does not change your division. So the only way the injured athlete could take the floor would be if another athlete came off the team so that the total roster stays at 17 memebers.

Curiosity question. If the injured, or fill in, athlete nuggets in the back the whole time, would that effect their score at that competition as long as it doesn't effect their ratios?

Curiosity question. If the injured, or fill in, athlete nuggets in the back the whole time, would that effect their score at that competition as long as it doesn't effect their ratios?
It could, beside ratios for tumbling, jumps and elite stunts it could effect your performance score slightly as having an athlete nugget in the back and not do anything can and should effect how a judge looks at the performance.

Back