All-Star D2 Summit Headed To Disney

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

3 weekends back to back; why don't coach just move down to Orlando in April and call it a day.

I'm excited to see the D2 Summit move away from STP because STP sucks...but three weekends back to back is a lot of cheer in a not so big time period.

Ok. Then I'm for Summit, D2 Summit, Worlds. No crossovers between any of them. I don't see why D2 coaches would be put in a position where they'd have to travel to Orlando twice so close together. Our gym has only four coaches...so some would most likely need to go to D2 and Worlds. (Purely hypothetical, we don't have a Worlds team)
This happened this year. Our Worlds team went to Orlando with 2 coaches, the coaches came back for 2 days and flew back to Orlando for the summit with the other 9 teams. Since CP was not on any of those teams we just stayed the week in Florida lol.

My feedback as a coach who's watched the past year:

Tampa is too small for D2. That is evident. There were 9,000 athletes at D2.

Worlds already has years...years of dates set so there is no moving those dates.

If gyms choose to have Worlds & Summit teams they take on this responsibility.

I am a big cheering fan of all the new Summit rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D2 is another money making master piece...I really really hate the whole D2 concept. It's like the Summit Consolation Competition. Disney competitions are expensive for parents...so having it back at ESPN bumps the price up. D2 is a win-win for EP's, not a small gym. Small gyms now feel pressure to chase a D2 bid because Suzie's mommy thinks Suzie should have this experience too. I just don't get it? Someone please explain? I know for a fact if your team is from a small gym and is good enough they absolutely CAN win a bid to The (real) Summit. Ok phew i'm done now ....just had to get that off my chest. Now back to our scheduled program...

Amending to add: After reviewing what I posted....I apologize for the way this sounded. It was not my intent to be disrespectful. However, I do think cheer is heading into the "You get a bid and you and you!" Can't get a bid at D2 Summit either? Come to the D3 Summit for gyms with less than 50 athletes. Super Large Mega Gyms still keep winning everything at "The Summit"? I have the answer for you! The Super Mega Summit is the most prestigious and exclusively for gyms with more than 300 athletes! Where does it stop?

Last edited:
D2 is another money making master piece...I really really hate the whole D2 concept. It's like the Summit Consolation Competition. Disney competitions are expensive for parents...so having it back at ESPN bumps the price up. D2 is a win-win for EP's, not a small gym. Small gyms now feel pressure to chase a D2 bid because Suzie's mommy thinks Suzie should have this experience too. I just don't get it? Someone please explain? I know for a fact if your team is from a small gym and is good enough they absolutely CAN win a bid to The (real) Summit. Ok phew i'm done now ....just had to get that off my chest. Now back to our regularly scheduled program...

Our gym had two teams attend and no one felt like they were at the "Consolation Summit." The pressure is there for gyms to chase bids, whether it is a small gym or a large gym. I don't see how D2 adds any more pressure, unless you are assuming these small gyms weren't going for bids pre-D2 Summit.

And the few parents from our gym I spoke to found the D2 Summit this year to be more expensive than their D1 Summit trip last year...

All I will say is this...my daughter and her team went to D2....and for them, it felt pretty REAL! :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Oh it is most definitely real...and I am sure you were all proud to be there. I apologize for sounding disrespectful or judgmental. My fear is we are once again heading into dangerous territory. Next up will be D3 Summit for gyms with less than 50 athletes or I can see the Mega Summit for gyms with more than 300 athletes etc...where does it stop? I guess gyms can just take turns winning but where is the fun in that? :)

Oh it is most definitely real...and I am sure you were all proud to be there. I apologize for sounding disrespectful or judgmental. My fear is we are once again heading into dangerous territory. Next up will be D3 Summit for gyms with less than 50 athletes or I can see the Mega Summit for gyms with more than 300 athletes etc...where does it stop? I guess gyms can just take turns winning but where is the fun in that? :)

D3 and Mega Summit are a bit far-fetched. Splitting divisions by gym size was already common practice at competitions prior to the D2 Summit. I don't think we have to worry about D3 and Mega Summits.

*dislike* Not my idea of a great Mother's Day at all.

Us finals in VA Beach typically happens on Mother's Day weekend. I know the one in providence is also this weekend, but I don't know if they are usually the same.

Eta: there is also a competition in Hershey pa this weekend apparently.

Back