All-Star D2 Summit Headed To Disney

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

D3 and Mega Summit are a bit far-fetched. Splitting divisions by gym size was already common practice at competitions prior to the D2 Summit. I don't think we have to worry about D3 and Mega Summits.
Hey, 15 years ago having more than 60 small senior girls teams competing at World's would also have sounded far fetched... #justsaying

This also puts D2 Summit on Mothers day weekend.
Us finals in VA Beach typically happens on Mother's Day weekend. I know the one in providence is also this weekend, but I don't know if they are usually the same.

Eta: there is also a competition in Hershey pa this weekend apparently.
As a mom who was in VB last year and is in Providence this year, my level of annoyance about this cannot be expressed in words that would not result in my being banned from here.

Not to minimize anyone's feelings on Mothers Day...I realize some may have some specific traditions that they don't want to forgo. As for me...cheer + my daughter + Disney World = three of my favorite things all in one weekend!!! Happy Mothers Day to me :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Question: Why can't they have one whole summit but two different divisions on the same day? I feel like having a D2 on a different date (so close to finals for many schools) is not helping anything

Question: Why can't they have one whole summit but two different divisions on the same day? I feel like having a D2 on a different date (so close to finals for many schools) is not helping anything
Then D2 would still most likely have to compete with D1 for bids

I think the whole point is to have separate competitions. And that would be a huge amount of people to have to accommodate in already crowded conditions. But I agree that the timing is pretty crazy. It is a terrible time to miss school.

Hey, 15 years ago having more than 60 small senior girls teams competing at World's would also have sounded far fetched... #justsaying

Not to be rude but that's a bit of straw man argument. Debating the possible maybe growth and direction of cheer is a completely different issue than where cheer has grown to now. Rather than looking at it as "Everyone gets a ring" look at is as "Teams have a chance to compete against teams on a level playing field"

Not to be rude but that's a bit of straw man argument. Debating the possible maybe growth and direction of cheer is a completely different issue than where cheer has grown to now. Rather than looking at it as "Everyone gets a ring" look at is as "Teams have a chance to compete against teams on a level playing field"

Wouldn't 3 or 4 more splits "level" the playing field even more? The argument that competing only against "like" programs is better for the sport doesn't inherently stop working when you have 2 Worlds/Summits. Say the split is at 125 athletes - why should a gym with 50 kids have to compete against a gym with 125? Why should their situation not get as much consideration as a gym with 125 being forced to compete against a gym with 300 even though there is proportionally a bigger difference?

Sorry to sound rude but... ha! You don't have a level playing field at Summit. When you can bring your true-to-level team of original kids you've had all season and have to compete against teams with higher level kids on it or teams that put several new kids on a team after "summit tryouts," that's not a level playing field.

Back