All-Star Dealing With Injuries

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I broke my fibula doing a double full at day one in warmups at canam nationals 3 weeks ago /: Ive been a gymnast practically my entire life, and this is my first broken bone/serious injury. This is also my first year on a level 5 team & first year going to worlds. I've been so disappointed and wondering out of all the tumbling passes in my life why it had to be that one. & the most difficult thing is having to watch your team get ready for worlds, and know that you wont be out there on the floor with them ): So Ill be the one walking around with a boot on my leg at worlds!

I broke my fibula doing a double full at day one in warmups at canam nationals 3 weeks ago /: Ive been a gymnast practically my entire life, and this is my first broken bone/serious injury. This is also my first year on a level 5 team & first year going to worlds. I've been so disappointed and wondering out of all the tumbling passes in my life why it had to be that one. & the most difficult thing is having to watch your team get ready for worlds, and know that you wont be out there on the floor with them ): So Ill be the one walking around with a boot on my leg at worlds!

Yeah Im in the same boat. It is also my first time being on a level 5 team and first time going to worlds. I wish that I could actually compete and not just watch. But on the brighter side when you actually heal up nothing will be able to stop you from getting back to where to you where and reclaiming your rightful spot on that floor.

Yeah Im in the same boat. It is also my first time being on a level 5 team and first time going to worlds. I wish that I could actually compete and not just watch. But on the brighter side when you actually heal up nothing will be able to stop you from getting back to where to you where and reclaiming your rightful spot on that floor.

Thankfully Ive got another year left to redeem myself! I'm just tired of this boot. I get it off the day I come back from worlds. I just want to go run around and tumble! haha

Thankfully Ive got another year left to redeem myself! I'm just tired of this boot. I get it off the day I come back from worlds. I just want to go run around and tumble! haha

I wouldnt let the doctors cast my foot so Ive been in an air cast. But I still tumble (I know BAD) and do everything. I just hate having to wear anything on my foot.

I wouldnt let the doctors cast my foot so Ive been in an air cast. But I still tumble (I know BAD) and do everything. I just hate having to wear anything on my foot.

Yeah apparently they dont cast fibulas..? Which i mean Im definitely okay with because I would rather have this boot! & well my leg still hurts some...so for now Ive just resorted to handstand walks.. & just be careful with that tumbling, wouldnt want to make it any worse!

As a kid, I NEVER letted my mom take me to the doctor when I was injured. In the end, I ended having injuries that healed incorrectly, and I ended up just hurting it even more. I've had reconstructive knee surgery and I'll have both knee replacements by the time I'm 40. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS go to the doctor, because I regret blowing my injuries off so much!

Yeah apparently they dont cast fibulas..? Which i mean Im definitely okay with because I would rather have this boot! & well my leg still hurts some...so for now Ive just resorted to handstand walks.. & just be careful with that tumbling, wouldnt want to make it any worse!
Well I already have those ligaments torn so I cant really re-tear something thats torn. But Im done for a while at least. Im just gonna let this heal lol.

As a kid, I NEVER letted my mom take me to the doctor when I was injured. In the end, I ended having injuries that healed incorrectly, and I ended up just hurting it even more. I've had reconstructive knee surgery and I'll have both knee replacements by the time I'm 40. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS go to the doctor, because I regret blowing my injuries off so much!
agreed! i let too many injuries go unnoticed, resulting in an ankle with bone spurs, a loose shoulder that dislocated and many sore joints.

take it easy for all of you guys with injuries.

I tore my Gastroc muscle and 2 ligements along with strainging my achilles. I did this around the end of february soo yeah i was out for the rest of the season! I went to the last too competitions and i decorated my crutches and boot! It was fun but not being able to compete was eating me alive! i couldn't sit there and watch that a fall could have been prevented if i was there. But i know that i am healing and getting better so hopefully by this june or july i can tumble again:) && stunt!

agreed! i let too many injuries go unnoticed, resulting in an ankle with bone spurs, a loose shoulder that dislocated and many sore joints.

take it easy for all of you guys with injuries.

absolutely, when i was younger i thought i was invincible and that i was never truly injured. KIDS- go to the doctor, you'll regret not taking care of yourself when you are in your 20's and can't compete on your fave international team:)

I tore my Gastroc muscle and 2 ligements along with strainging my achilles. I did this around the end of february soo yeah i was out for the rest of the season! I went to the last too competitions and i decorated my crutches and boot! It was fun but not being able to compete was eating me alive! i couldn't sit there and watch that a fall could have been prevented if i was there. But i know that i am healing and getting better so hopefully by this june or july i can tumble again:) && stunt!

I too hope be back by june. My doctor told me that if I kept on tumbling my achilles was gonna tear so I stopped lol.

I too hope be back by june. My doctor told me that if I kept on tumbling my achilles was gonna tear so I stopped lol.

yeah! i wanna get back as soon as possible and straining it hurts SOO bad, i couldn't imagine tearing it! Dealing with injuries is just terrible, i hope we all get back in the gym soon!

Quickest way to get back to competing is to follow the doctors orders, do all the physical therapy and DON'T tumble on it until you are released. I know it's hard, but I watched my daughter have to sit through so many practices and games and I mean sit but she came back quick and strong. Time will fly by, it just seems so far away right now :)

My team recently won Spirit Sports two weeks ago and it crushed me that I couldn't compete with them. The week before Spirit Sports I broke my 5th metacarpal (basically my hand) trying a new tumbling pass for the competition. Now I have to have a cast for 5 weeks and cannot tumble for 8 weeks. I hate sitting out of practices let alone competitions!! I'm out for the rest of the season and missing the last three competitions. :(

Back