Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
dear tumbling gods/goddesses,

when will it be my turn?

sincerely,
that 15 year old who has been trying to tumble since she was 10
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
dear cheerleader,

i really like your mind, i'm not sure if i want to leave anytime soon.

sincerely,
that pesky mental tumbling block
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
dear coach,

when you say "one more time" do you think you could ever actually mean it?

sincerely,
your exhausted team that you expect to look flawless tonight for the 100th time after a 3hour long practice
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
dear spine and back,

when you want to let me have a pretty scorpion?

sincerely,
that flyer who can't get flexible no matter how much she stretches
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
dear cheerleaders,

this is a team sport for a reason. no need to blame a stunt fall all on one person, just do it again.

sincerely,
a frustrated coach

Dear cheerleading,

It's only been about a month since I last took the competition floor...I miss you terribly and I feel so lost without you. I really hope I can make it through without you next year. You're in my heart forever and always <3 I will never forget all the memories we've shared over 14 years together.

Sincerely,
a broken-hearted cheerleader (literally broken/injured...=/)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear beat up Nfinity cheer shoes,

We shared so many good times together. remember when you helped me land my standing tuck for the first time?! Or win nationals in Ohio? You were the best cheer shoes I've ever had, but I think it's time for me to say goodbye...I don't think I could possibly put anymore duct tape on you :( R.I.P

Sincerely,

Attached to my old nfinities

Dear younger self,

Please don't be shy and do pop warner cheer like you wanted to. And then once you realize how in love you are with cheerleading, make mommy drive you to Cali or Cheer Force to do all stars. You will not regret it! But you will regret only doing high school cheer.

Sincerely,
older and wiser self.

Dear cheerleading,

It's only been about a month since I last took the competition floor...I miss you terribly and I feel so lost without you. I really hope I can make it through without you next year. You're in my heart forever and always <3 I will never forget all the memories we've shared over 14 years together.

Sincerely,
a broken-hearted cheerleader (literally broken/injured...=/)

Dear broken-hearted cheerleader,

Even though it may be over, you will still love it just the same. The first few months are torture because you feel like you have nothing to do and you just feel really anxious all the time. It's especially hard reading your old teammates' statuses and seeing "Practice!" or "I love my team <3". But I promise it does get better! You will find that you can make last minute plans and not worry about practies or competitions or anything. And nothings stoping you from picking back up on tumbling a little later or finding a group of friends to just fool around and stunt with. Don't worry, It will all work out :)

Sincerely,
I've Been In Those Shoes, Too

Dear broken-hearted cheerleader,

Even though it may be over, you will still love it just the same. The first few months are torture because you feel like you have nothing to do and you just feel really anxious all the time. It's especially hard reading your old teammates' statuses and seeing "Practice!" or "I love my team <3". But I promise it does get better! You will find that you can make last minute plans and not worry about practies or competitions or anything. And nothings stoping you from picking back up on tumbling a little later or finding a group of friends to just fool around and stunt with. Don't worry, It will all work out :)

Sincerely,
I've Been In Those Shoes, Too

Dear I've Been In Those Shoes, Too ,

Thank you so much...haha I've been working out almost everyday and conditioning like crazy! Haha Cheerleading has always been my "workout"/way of staying in shape so now I feel like I will need to find something else, luckily I love working out and running almost as much as I love cheer :) I am hoping my body will put itself back together during this year off and I can return to cheer for junior year in college! <3 Thanks again for your kind, uplifting words, I really needed them!

Sincerely,

broken-hearted cheerleader

Dear Bases and Backspots,
You may have no clue but by the time we get to the stunt I am totally exhusted, I look like I am going to die, and I am gasping for air. Sometimes it is hard to lock your legs when you feel like they are going to give out.

Sincerely,
I AM TRYING!!! :mad:

Dear I AM TRYING!!!

please breathe through your nose :)

Sincerely,
We are tired too and only have to do more when you're tired

Dear I've Been in Those Shoes, Too,

The beat up Nfinity cheer shoes? That would make a great book/movie...

Sincerely,
Sisterhood of the Traveling Nfinitys

Dear Sisterhood of the Traveling Nfinitys,

Yes, those exact shoes. And I know, but the concept seems oddly familiar...

Sincerely,
They Stole Our Movie Idea

P.S. - I'm thinking of stealing another movie's idea and turning someone's pool blue. Those BIG FAT LIARs.

Dear woahdeedle,

Where ya been? We've missed you. You made the board fun.

Sincerely,
Posters "old" enough to know who you are.

Dear posters "old" enough to know who she was,

She's still around.

Sincerely,
There's no such thing as anonymity on the internet

Back