All-Star Dear Judges, Please Don't Write....

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Cheersport HIGHLY recommends level 2 and level 4 take pauses between jumps and tumbling so you can still max out without directly connecting them. If you don't do it expect to be reminded by every judge and even get a copy of their scoring grid with it highlighted!
that's the thing my team did add in 'jump pause bhs' just for cheersport. but maybe they wanted more? but the way it was written, it implied it was supposed to be directly connected, oh well!

Unfortunately being behind the scenes on the other side of the mat, behind the judges table is a completely different ballpark. Sometimes you are faced with the host company (particularly with smaller local competitions) telling you to keep the flow of the competition and hurry up, so you don't have much time to jot down all you really want to say to help the team, so many times it leaves you with general or few comments all together. Other times you are there ALL day watching team after team from 9am - 9pm and you are told to hurry it along b/c people want to go home. So the teams that perform later on in the day, get less attention and care from the judges than those that performed in the earlier sessions. Unfortunatly this mindset hinders you as a judge when you want to give your very best to that team that has practiced so hard to compete. So instead of giving a thourogh analysis and critique of the routine, the judges are forced to jot down the score and not be analytical of any specific part or section of the routine. And sometimes GOD forbid you see something illegal and want to deduct/penalize the team for it, the rest of the juding panel jumps down your throat b/c they don't want to have to sit any longer than they have to, to discuss the legality of the stunt in question. It sucks all around and sometimes I really think that the host competitions should really re-evaluate hiring qualified people and people that truly care about the athletes that work so hard to show your their best. The least you can do as a judge is have some respect for the teams and judge them as individual teams, regardless if its 9 am or 9pm. You are getting paid to do it. Its your job. So my advise to my fellow judges/competition hosts out there, is please take your time. Don't rush!

One of our teamms 2 years in a row got comments when they were level 3 they were told to add doubles.....when they were level 4 they were told to connect the jumps to tuck...doo judges not know what levels are and illegalities???
Watch your choice of words. I'm sure you meant no harm, but people take offense to such language.

ciacobra said:
One of our teamms 2 years in a row got comments when they were level 3 they were told to add doubles.....when they were level 4 they were told to connect the jumps to tuck...doo judges not know what levels are and illegalities???

Please be careful with your word usage. I find it offensive, thank you.

One of our teamms 2 years in a row got stupid comments when they were level 3 they were told to add doubles.....when they were level 4 they were told to connect the jumps to tuck...doo judges not know what levels are and illegalities???

I fixed it for you. There's no reason for being offensive, whether you intended to be or not.

Back