All-Star Diabetes Pump - Safety Issue?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Just curious what do you do if you forget to take your sharps dispenser? Do hotels have them?

Some do but if I forget mine I always have a super tough bag that is designed for needles I put them in and just pack them up when we go home and put them in my sharps container at home.

Just curious what do you do if you forget to take your sharps dispenser? Do hotels have them?
My partner has a really small travel sharps cutter dispenser that holds about 1000 needles. It's about the size of a small pair of nail clippers. He just called up the pharma rep of the brand of meds he has and they sent him one. It fits in his injection pack he takes with him with all his alcohol swabs and stuff.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I am also diabetic and have had it for almost 25yrs now. I am so thrilled that these dogs are available and am going to look into it for myself. Thank you @lakerfantlc and @jenee_12 for bringing this to my attention and for all the work you are doing to help this cause. I wish Jenee all the health and continued success in all she does. I know it isn't easy. It helps that I am an animal fanatic too! :shimmy::cheering::D

I am also diabetic and have had it for almost 25yrs now. I am so thrilled that these dogs are available and am going to look into it for myself. Thank you @lakerfantlc and @jenee_12 for bringing this to my attention and for all the work you are doing to help this cause. I wish Jenee all the health and continued success in all she does. I know it isn't easy. It helps that I am an animal fanatic too! :shimmy::cheering::D
Thank you:)

Jenee has a coach or me (Im the team mom) hold her backpack back stage while she performs…. that has her pump….supplies and orange juice etc. We must keep it close to her because one time she got really high blood sugar and her backpack was two stadiums away at NCA…so we just keep her backpack with the team at all times…. it works well:) She is about to get a service dog who can smell low and high blood sugar so that will help too:)
Hello... I was diagnosed last year and was wondering how much are the service dogs? and who did you get yours through?

I have diabetes, I do pretty much the same as mentioned above. I take my pump off right before warm ups after testing and adjusting. Then I give my bag to someone who can immediately give it back to me after the performance. I put my pump right back on and test and adjust. I haven't had any problems.

Back