Did Age Divisions Change?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

You will see more and more gyms create Worlds teams for to accommodate the largest age range possible, as that has been trending for the last couple of years. If an athlete is turning 13 in 2018, then he or she can compete on a Worlds team this season.

wow- that is a reality check. CP will be Worlds eligible next season. Not that she is any where near that level, but it seems so OLD :(

You will see more and more gyms create Worlds teams for to accommodate the largest age range possible, as that has been trending for the last couple of years. If an athlete is turning 13 in 2018, then he or she can compete on a Worlds team this season.
Not true. They have to be 13 by 8/31.

Well it does sound as if your cp is in the minority and the vast majority are 14 by freshmen year. how about moving the age date from August31 to December 31, so 14 by December 31? I would be for that...
Agreed. Kids entering 9th grade are still turning 14 in September and October

Yes it is. If you are 13 in 2018, you will turn 14 in 2019 and therefore eligible to compete on an open/international open team in 2019.
I was talking about senior 5 worlds divisions. If you turn 13 after 8/31 you cannot compete in that division. I understand IO5 have different age rules

"It is disappointing for my daughter who misses the cut off by 9 days and has had level 5 skills for 2 years now. There are rumors that the age grid will change again next year making it 14 for senior level worlds teams. I hope this is not so because my daughter will be in high school and still unable to compete at the worlds level. I understand increasing the age to allow high school age kids to compete but when it cuts out girls who are in high school it’s just unfair, especially when they have those skills."
I was talking about senior 5 worlds divisions. If you turn 13 after 8/31 you cannot compete in that division. I understand IO5 have different age rules
You commented that your daughter would not be able to compete at the worlds level which is not true. I was just trying to be helpful and say that she could in fact compete at the worlds level and many gyms have a worlds team that would accommodate her age.

"It is disappointing for my daughter who misses the cut off by 9 days and has had level 5 skills for 2 years now. There are rumors that the age grid will change again next year making it 14 for senior level worlds teams. I hope this is not so because my daughter will be in high school and still unable to compete at the worlds level. I understand increasing the age to allow high school age kids to compete but when it cuts out girls who are in high school it’s just unfair, especially when they have those skills."

You commented that your daughter would not be able to compete at the worlds level which is not true. I was just trying to be helpful and say that she could in fact compete at the worlds level and many gyms have a worlds team that would accommodate her age.
I think maybe you misunderstood. I specified senior level not international. Thanks though!

Back