OT Diet Diaries

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

F!ERCE

Cheer Parent
Mar 23, 2010
For anyone on a Worlds/Summer/Spring Break/Just-Wanna-Get-In-Shape diet!

Chat about goals, accomplishments, good days, bad days, and how tempting chocolate cake is.

Omg I NEED this!! I'm trying to get in shape just to be healthy but especially for worlds...
Can I please just say how much I hate that I just got my girl scout cookies?? I just want to eat them all!!!

Yay I like this! I've been dieting since February 28th and so far so good! I am not cutting out every good thign in my life, just taking it in smaller doses, I cut out soft drinks, and I'm working out everyday! (5 days a week + two prac days). I am building up my time on the elliptical trainer and right now I'm up to 40 minutes a day! In the first week I lost 4 pounds and I'm gonna weigh myself Monday morning to see from there! I wanna hear what other people are doing so I can get ideas, and maybe some motivation, cus temptation is starting to kick in and inspiration is going down! :(

Omg I NEED this!! I'm trying to get in shape just to be healthy but especially for worlds...
Can I please just say how much I hate that I just got my girl scout cookies?? I just want to eat them all!!!

Girl Scout cookies...mmm...my mom bought a bunch of boxes before I started trying to get in shape. Darn her.

Yay I like this! I've been dieting since February 28th and so far so good! I am not cutting out every good thign in my life, just taking it in smaller doses, I cut out soft drinks, and I'm working out everyday! (5 days a week + two prac days). I am building up my time on the elliptical trainer and right now I'm up to 40 minutes a day! In the first week I lost 4 pounds and I'm gonna weigh myself Monday morning to see from there! I wanna hear what other people are doing so I can get ideas, and maybe some motivation, cus temptation is starting to kick in and inspiration is going down! :(

Good for you! I love the elliptical :) So much easier on the joints than running.

And the best motivation is putting a mirror next to your elliptical (conveniently there is one right next to ours)...or waiting for a Victoria's Secret commercial to come on while you're on there. Haha

my dinner tonight
bag of veggies flavored with curry powder, garlic and pepper

dessert
non fat cottage cheese mixed with peanut butter and jelly. yummy yummy!

4 lbs.... one week? Would you mind being more specific on what your diet is? aha! Hawaii in four months. Hm.. I'd be skinny(;

Worlds Diet:

glass_of_water_350.jpg

okay so I did WAY better today...i didn't choose the most fabulous foods to eat (at all) but my portions were WAY smaller. That's my problem...portion control. I was trained to always clear my plate. So, I guess that's some progress. 10 pounds down by the way...kind of fluctuates between 10 and 15

so far what i've done:
- no more soda
- no more fried foods
- walking my dog once a day (don't have an elliptical or anything)

i'm kinda stuck on changing anything else because i go to class in the morning, work all day, then come home and i have NO energy to work out or anything. :(

so far what i've done:
- no more soda
- no more fried foods
- walking my dog once a day (don't have an elliptical or anything)

i'm kinda stuck on changing anything else because i go to class in the morning, work all day, then come home and i have NO energy to work out or anything. :(

work out in the mornings. i know it's a bit crazy, but i'll get up at 5 in the morning to get in a workout before school. i feel more energetic during the day(though i do drink an extra diet coke for breakfast, kinda nasty hah) and it gets a workout done before the day has even started. and, once you get used to it, getting up early isn't too hard.

4 lbs.... one week? Would you mind being more specific on what your diet is? aha! Hawaii in four months. Hm.. I'd be skinny(;
Well, usually with a diet you will lose about 4 to 5 pounds in the first week, maybe the second week, then it dwindles down to 1-2 per week, if that :/ that's the down part. (haha i've done this before...yo yo dieter) But basically, I try to eat around 1,200 calories a day and less than 35 g of fat if I can. I was more strict about calorie and fat counting the first couple times I dieted, then I kinda knew like what and when I should be eating, and what I can and can't have. I haven't had any soft drinks yet, so that helps. Eat a lot of whole grains, fiber, and protein! What I like to do is get a whole wheat english muffin, toast it, and put tuna salad (with a tablespoon of low fat mayo, celery, relish, and pepper) on it for lunch, with maybe some fruit or fat free pretzels. I work out usually around 2 PM or 3PM, give or take a few hours. (school, tanning bed, lunch, then I can do it) and it's good to eat 15-60 minutes after your workout, believe it or not! Choose something healthy though. I usually have some grapes and some lightly salted cashews (don't be freaked out by the amount of fat grams on the label because they're "good fats" and nuts are something that should be included in your diet!) and then for dinner, sometimes I'll have a lean cuisine frozen meal if I'm in a hurry, some turkey maybe (always a good choice because it's low in fat and calories but high in protein and overall just a good food...but get it fresh. packaged turkey can have too much sodium which can cause bloating and holds onto extra water weight and raises cholesterol) If you wake up early enough, have breakfast! I'm never really starving in the morning, but I know it's good to have breakfast, even a little something, because it kick starts your metabolism! I have a big glass of water with usually a banana and a Fiber Plus Antioxidants chocolate chip bar. (120 calories, 4 grams of fat, but a pretty good amount of fiber, and it's delishhh). I have one of those hard plastic nalgene brand water bottles with a screw-on top that holds 32 oz of water that I use. I make it my goal to finish two of those throughout the day (I have one that I drink through my workout and then fill it up once I'm done and drink it throughout the rest of the day). Drinking lots of water is good to stay hydrated (good for cheer!), flushes out toxins, and can even clear skin up! But it's pretty essential in any kind of diet. Just don't drink all that water right at the same time, cus water intoxication can kill you! Drink it steadily through the day, especially during workouts. As far as working out goes, I've been doing the elliptical 5 days a week. I started with 20 minutes and kept adding on time, and now I've been doing 40 minutes per day this whole week! (plus two days of practice). Once my body gets to "used to" that routine I'm going to add in some other stuff like maybe a work out video + cardio or some strength training, light weights, etc. Wow this is a lotttt of stuff!!!!! But I just wanted to share what I know and what has worked for me in the past and right now, so I hope I helped! If anyone else knows any good ideas as far as dieting and exercise, please do chime in! :)

I have been using the website Loseit.com. A few of my friends have joined with me so its been good for our competitive sides. You track what you eat and the exercise you do. I thought it was going to be a pain to fill in but really, it is extremely easy. It tells you how many calories you can eat for the day, the calories you have left, etc. (Theres an app for that- LoseIt) It would be great if a bunch of fiercers joined! We could keep each other on track.
Also, if you havent tried boxing, and I mean actual boxing (sparring and punching bag) I suggest you do it! What a workout!

I've lost 13 pounds since November. I know it isn't a lot but I'm not really trying to lose weight, just trying to tone and get a six pack! I don't have pop or fries and I rarely eat snacks. If I do have a snack, it's a Fiber One oats & chocolate granola bar, or a little cup of peaches or something like that. Every single day I have a bowl of Frosted Mini Wheats for breakfast, I'm absolutely obsessed with them haha. For lunch I usually have some sort of sandwich on pita bread. My favorite is just peanut butter on it since I don't like jelly. I play hockey, so 2-4 games a weekend, cheer 3-4 times a week during the winter was the only workout I did. But it seemed to work!

I saw a thread on here like a week ago about a website called maxcapacitytraining.com which has you train for 16 minutes a day, three days a week and gets you a six pack in 12 weeks! I've done three days (a week) so far and it's been kicking my butt, but I feel great after it! And it's so quick! I just play some music and go. Yesterday's was alll leg stuff though, and I'm so sore idk how I'm gonna tumble later! I always have a spoonful of peanut butter after it too just for a little extra protein. Good luck to everyone! :)

Back