OT Diet Diaries

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Any tips for a beginner?
Don't deprive yourself! Moderation is really the key to losing weight. It's okay to eat popcorn, but maybe have one of those personal sized 100 calorie bags instead! Try to avoid pop and before you reach for dessert after a meal, reallllyyyy think hard to yourself "am i really hungry right now??" I have a problem with that and most of the time I'm not even hungry! So think before you eat! & If you have a REALLYYY strong craving, wait 15 minutes before pursuing it. I have read that cravings usually only last that long and if you wait it out then it can pass and if not, vouch for a piece of fruit instead and remind yourself that all your healthier alternatives will pay off in the end! Have smaller portions, drink lots of water, and if you are sitting around bored, nothing interesting is on tv, you have no homework, then go for a walk! Or hop on an exercise machine! You should get at least 30 minutes a day, and if you have time, shoot for 60. If you cut every little good food you love out of your life, you'll seriously go crazy and give up and blow the whole diet. Just remember to CONTROL what you want, only eat when you're truly hungry, have smaller portions, and just make healthy choices! Hope you do good!

Whoever suggested the "Lose It!" app... I love it!! Downloaded to my iPod so I'll be able to update frequently :) Tells you how many calories you should consume a day based on how much you want to lose. Enter all your meals and exercises for the day and it lets you know how many calories you have left. So helpful!
Im glad someone else loves it as much as I do. I update all the time!! Sometimes, I even plan my meals in the morning when I get to work so I know I have to limit myself to what has already been entered for the day.

What I've been doing is using hummus instead of salad dressing. Most dressings have a lot of fat in them, but if you put 1-2 tbs of hummus in the salad and mix it up, it's so good!

Eat an apple after every practice, class, or private! It will keep you full, and still feeling good for a long time! Always have enforced this rule at my house for my daughter, helps her stay skinny! ;)

33 days until I leave for Spring Break...kicking my diet into high gear!! I think I'm going to try Jillian Michaels' 30-Day Shred. Should be interesting...

I just want to get my wisdom teeth out... again. 10 pounds in 4 days. All I ate was applesauce.

But really, lately I've been really good about working out. About 4 times a week at planet fitness! WILL- and I just uploaded this app to our phones called MyFitnessPal. It looks like it's going to be pretty great!! With this, you put in how much you weigh, how much you want to weigh, and by when. When you're all done putting in your info, it will tell you how many calories you should eat in one day. Mine tells me I can only have 1290... -____- That's going to be UNBELIEVABLY hard for myself. I. Love. Food. And I work at Panera Bread. Holy hard to not eat all the pastries.

I'm at 132 right now, but all I want in life is to get to 125. GAHH. I just want a burger..

Yeah so I just downloaded MyFitnessPal on my iPhone. One of the bussers at work told me about chicken parm pasta that used to be on the menu and he ordered it for dinner tonight. I had a bite. Omg it was SO good!! I just looked up the nutrition info and almost fainted. It's AWFUL! Back to my wedge salads, scrambled egg whites, and chugging water all day :(

33 days until I leave for Spring Break...kicking my diet into high gear!! I think I'm going to try Jillian Michaels' 30-Day Shred. Should be interesting...

I think I am going to do this over the summer with my Mommy! haha let me know how it works! I actually love little workout videos, but I get more out of ones that include dancing. One year for cheer conditioning we did the Carmen Electra Aerobic Striptease workout..SO much fun and a great workout! It helped a lot of the newer cheerleaders work on counting/picking up choreo too!

i've heard the shred is awesome. a lot of the girls i follow on tumblr do it, and they are all really pleased, minus that fact it's a total butt-whopping. good luck with it!

Back