High School Different Team Reveals...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My former high school my freshmen year when I tried out we just had the classic three day tryout. There were no "round one" or "round two" we didn't have enough girls for that, but anyways we went through the normal process and then the numbers were posted on the front doors of our second gym location where tryouts were held. It was private and confidential. I wonder how its ran now I think its neat everyone does it differently though I'm not a fan of public announcements

This year...we are doing a modification on what we normally do. We normally call out numbers and then hand out a Red folder to those that make it. This year We still intend to Give out "THE RED FOLDER"... (Kids have these Red FOLDERS that they must keep with them at all times (it teaches them responsibility...it had schedules, important notifications, fundraiser paperwork, parent communication, cheers, phone numbers, progression charts, evaluations...teacher check ups...) we do RED FOLDER checks 1 time a month.) Anyway...those who make it GET handed a Red folder with all their paperwork...on the Red folder it states what squad you made it for. Those that don't get a RED Folder get an envelope that thanks them for all their hard work and time with their score sheet with feedback from judges as well as a tips and tricks sheet on how to make it in the future. We also include a list of All star gyms in the area who offer classes to improve skills. Last, a cute little quote on never giving up and keeping your head held high.

This year...we are doing a modification on what we normally do. We normally call out numbers and then hand out a Red folder to those that make it. This year We still intend to Give out "THE RED FOLDER"... (Kids have these Red FOLDERS that they must keep with them at all times (it teaches them responsibility...it had schedules, important notifications, fundraiser paperwork, parent communication, cheers, phone numbers, progression charts, evaluations...teacher check ups...) we do RED FOLDER checks 1 time a month.) Anyway...those who make it GET handed a Red folder with all their paperwork...on the Red folder it states what squad you made it for. Those that don't get a RED Folder get an envelope that thanks them for all their hard work and time with their score sheet with feedback from judges as well as a tips and tricks sheet on how to make it in the future. We also include a list of All star gyms in the area who offer classes to improve skills. Last, a cute little quote on never giving up and keeping your head held high.

I love this idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love this idea!! I wish my school did this, you seem very organized! :)

I love this, especially the envelope because it's less of a "sorry, you didn't make it" and more of a "here's how you can improve so you can have a better chance of making it next year. We want you back."

Totally stealing the folder idea. I do a folder for all the kids who made it, but I love the idea of the other folder.

At my current school, coaches are to call kids in one by one immediately after the tryouts and tell them whether or not they made the team. We only have one team and around 30 kids who try out, so many get cut.

I try to situate this in a place where each girl can then go out a door and NOT walk past the other kids who are waiting so it is more private. For example, in the fall, the kids waited in a hall outside the gym, and after each was told whether or not she made it, she went out a side door of the gym so she didn't have to go back into the hall. I mean, they all did anyway, but that way they had the option of dealing with it privately...

Back