High School Different Team Reveals...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

That's cute.

I'm incredibly boring. I announce results via individual emails.

Question: When do you show this? In front of all candidates? Do you send it out via email?

My daughter just completed her first high school cheer tryout and the coach posted the teams on the team website.

(Side note: she made varsity!)

Eta: for most school teams my kids have been on, a team list was taped to the coaches door before school. That seems somewhat cruel, but I've not seen anyone be bothered.

Last edited:
My freshman & sophomore years of HS the coaches read out the names in front of everyone at the end of tryouts.

Junior & Senior year they called everyone in one by one and told you what team you made

Now they do letters that are handed out at the end of tryouts.

For college she emails you a letter, although apparently she usually calls the new people, but she didn't call us my freshman year because there were so many freshman that made it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In high school, there was always a list of names posted on the Athletics door after school and they were tweeted out as well.

I personally would have preferred if she posted a list of our tryout numbers (like they do at my college) or emailed us so there was no humiliation if you walked up and your actual name wasn't on the list. People don't memorize each other's tryout numbers, typically.

My coach would call between 3:30 and 4:30 and there's a small party where you find out your team right after. Last year my friend didn't get her call until 4:50 so it's always heartbreaking when you are watching the clock like that and there's no call.

Just held tryouts on Friday and decided to announce by showering them in glitter. lol Each girl held a black balloon above their head. Myself, my graduating senior, and the new coach walked by and popped each balloon. If they were showered in glitter then they made it. The girls loved it!!

In the past I have announced by cards, announcing it as a group, and also calling in girls individually to let them know. I've never had anyone be hurt. When girls haven't made it the others usually surround them with hugs and all.

Love the video!! Super cute idea!!

In college we had numbers on us. In the first round of tryouts, they would meet us individually after an tell us if we could go on second round and what they expected to see more.

After second and final round, they would put a list of numbers on a sheet on our practice room door.

As a mother of kids who haven't made teams announced in front of others it is their worst memories. Trying to hold in their disappointment was terrible. It is a double whammy first not making it and then having it done in front of everyone else.

When I was in high school, results were announced over the PA while you were in first period. No fun if you didn't make it.

I did the door list for my school team up until about 3 years ago. I'd post the list on the gym door the Sunday after our Saturday tryout. It was never a good scene (particularly in the years that I had veterans not make it.) So I worked toward making it as private as possible, which is why we do email now.

There ARE girls who will have other candidates over and wait in groups for their emails, but you definitely can just sit at home alone and wait for it if you want.

Last edited:
Just held tryouts on Friday and decided to announce by showering them in glitter. lol Each girl held a black balloon above their head. Myself, my graduating senior, and the new coach walked by and popped each balloon. If they were showered in glitter then they made it. The girls loved it!!

In the past I have announced by cards, announcing it as a group, and also calling in girls individually to let them know. I've never had anyone be hurt. When girls haven't made it the others usually surround them with hugs and all.

Love the video!! Super cute idea!!

This glitter idea, while being lovely for the kids who made the team, sounds completely awful for the kids being cut. :( i much prefer a private announcement.

In high school, the coach just announced it in front of everyone. But the school was small and the coach always took everyone...
In college we had a list posted a an hour or so after tryouts with tryout numbers, which always worked out pretty well. Except the year after I transferred schools, I texted a returner on how it went and who made the team, and the results still weren't posted 4 hours after tryouts finished! And this was a small college, with less than 40 girls trying out.
Recently though, I've seen teams announce on social media. My current school posts numbers on facebook, and CBU posted a list on Instagram, and Kansas had individual photos of everyone that they posted on Instagram. I don't know if they called/emailed as well, but it's pretty interesting.

Back