All-Star Discuss Your Usasf Struggles Here

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I hope that those big 3 pissed off coaches (and any others who agree with them) bring this up again. In my ideal world, the entire cheer community would refuse to attend any USASF event until they change things.

Is there any way that this could become a legal issue? Is it possible to sue USASF for not following their rules and endangering the athletes. I know the last part is extreme but technically, someone could pull out that argument for poor condition.

Someone could probably sue for negligence. It's perfect for a sue happy SM. Children. Governing body breaking their own clearly stated rules. Late at night. Wet floors and dangerous activities.

But someone would have to want to take on the USASF.

Someone could probably sue for negligence. It's perfect for a sue happy SM. Children. Governing body breaking their own clearly stated rules. Late at night. Wet floors and dangerous activities.

Yep, but it's almost summer which means there will plenty of free time for anyone to take on that challenge. It would take an army and not just a single gym though.

But, it's possible they would be successful. USASF broke a clearly written rule without good reasoning. What's their argument? We didn't want to do it tomorrow because that's when we're all going to go swimming?

I signed off yesterday around 5 to drive a long distance to a viewing party and all hell broke lose after. I missed most of the FB comments, so please be patient with my question.

I know that CEA was involved, but who are the other two big gyms that were involved? And how do we know that they were? ( Like did they make statements made, or???)

Unless someone got seriously they wouldn't have much of a case.

I hope that those big 3 pissed off coaches (and any others who agree with them) bring this up again. In my ideal world, the entire cheer community would refuse to attend any USASF event until they change things.

Is there any way that this could become a legal issue? Is it possible to sue USASF for not following their rules and endangering the athletes. I know the last part is extreme but technically, someone could pull out that argument for poor condition.

I'd bet my soul that CSP is going to explore this route of thinking...that girl has fire and she will be burn down whoever it takes for justice for her kids.

I signed off yesterday around 5 to drive a long distance to a viewing party and all hell broke lose after. I missed most of the FB comments, so please be patient with my question.

I know that CEA was involved, but who are the other two big gyms that were involved? And how do we know that they were? ( Like did they make statements made, or???)

All of LAG was called to the floor, in the huddle you can see representatives from almost everyone (not familiar with the bottom gyms so I could be wrong). Other two I'm fairly confident are StingRays and World Cup. And CA released a not so happy statement too.

*Editing to add: In case it isn't clear by the "I am a(n) parent" under my profile...that is what I am. I am a parent, a spectator, and a fan. If years matter, this is my CP's 3rd year in AS Cheer, next year will be her 4th. I am not a coach, I will never be a coach and with that means I will also never be an owner. I also have no desire or aspiration to work within the governing body or for any organization who works within or around them; put bluntly, my opinions are my own, they do not and will never represent the board as an entirety anymore than I represent anything more than myself. Now that I'm done with this disclaimer, carry on.*

Last edited:
All of LAG was called to the floor, in the huddle you can see representatives from almost everyone (not familiar with the bottom gyms so I could be wrong). Other two we're fairly confident are StingRays and World Cup. And CA released a not so happy statement too.

Thank you. That was the answer that I was waiting for ;)

All of LAG was called to the floor, in the huddle you can see representatives from almost everyone (not familiar with the bottom gyms so I could be wrong). Other two we're fairly confident are StingRays and World Cup. And CA released a not so happy statement too.

Who's "we" and where are these statements? You have no dog in this fight but you sure are acting like a resident expert on all things cheer while the veterans of this board aren't around.

Who's "we" and where are these statements? You have no dog in this fight but you sure are acting like a resident expert on all things cheer while the veterans of this board aren't around.
A bit unfair, I'm sure the "we" she's referring to are the big group of board members who were speculating in the thread last night/this morning. Can't speak on the statement but there were several pictures of various large gym owners in a huddle looking concerned in that thread too.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Maybe I'm not interpreting tone right...I'm not sure why SLAM deserves unkindness here. :( Do you have to be part of some long-timers club in order to have commentary?

Back