All-Star Discuss Your Usasf Struggles Here

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think I have missed something .. what is wrong with dabbing after a pass ? Its just a dance move ?
The supposed "origin" even though that's not where the dance came from and anyone who knows how to google something can find this out. But ignorant people still swear that the "supposed origin" is the real origin even though it's been proven false.

This is frightening as far as the asthma goes.

Forgive me as my scope is only with special athletes. Do coaches have emergency medicines likes inhailers, epi pens, or diabetes supplies with them for athletes with potentially life threatening medical needs? I know that with the kids I have worked with that we did. How is this type of thing managed in the top levels of cheer?
For the most part our athletes or parents keep any medical supplies needed. There have been cases throughout the years though we're I've been given Epi pens etc just in case. My bag at big comps usually looks like I'm a crazy over the top asthmatic person bc I usually have around 5 inhalers stuffed in the mesh pockets. The kids get them back after we compete.

You know, the sad thing is even though the gymnast were allowed to compete their vault again, the damage had already been done. It took them two and a half rotations, which by then, two and a half rotations worth of gymnast(which included the top qualifying group) had already competed on the vault and moved on to the other apparatuses. Their mental game was complete thrown off; a number of them started to botch their routines on the other apparatuses that they normally would hit. They should have just cancelled the entire day and postponed it.

It's a good thing cheer is just a one routine thing.

This doesn't make any sense to me... if anyone of you have ever been to Southeast Asia, it's probably one of the most humid regions of the world. I'm positive that Thailand is more humid than Florida throughout the year, there wasn't much "acclimatisation" needed.
I've not been to Asia. I have no thoughts or experiences there. I just remember what the documentary said so that's what I referenced.

The dab has also been made illegal and I'm sure we all know why but once again it would be nice and professional of USASF to make an official announcement about things.
News to me (though I wouldn't complain about the dab being removed, it's the most ridiculous trend!) When did this happen though? Was Charlotte Teal deducted for it because they most definitely dabbed in the routine.

Eta I don't think orange dabs. They point to the orange section. Or maybe I'm niave?

Last edited:
#USASFslipnslide
The athletes deserves a medal for performing on the wet spring floor. And for making "dabbing" illegal is stupid! I lost all respect to USASF after hearing about taping the gates shut and the wet floor...

#USASFslipnslide
The athletes deserves a medal for performing on the wet spring floor. And for making "dabbing" illegal is stupid! I lost all respect to USASF after hearing about taping the gates shut and the wet floor...

Right? Fix the important stuff, then worry about whether or not a bow is larger than 3".

Question what time has the large division been the past few years since its been on the baseball field ? Why didn't any of the first few teams /athletes complain about the wet mat ? Arent there many competitions thru out the season that go past 11pm ?

It's Orange, but I think it looks more like they're pointing to the side and not dabbing.
Oh. I've only watched that routine at worlds and I just assumed they were dabbing but I guess not!
I think it's stupid (just like I think whipping or nae naeing and such after your pass is stupid, not because I'm mistaken about the origin) but a deduction? I don't buy it.

Okay...I have to admit, I'm the old fuddy-dud and had to Google what dabbing was. At least I can say I've seen it, just never knew what it was called. *off to slink off to my old age home*

Lmao dabbing is banned? It's just some trendy dance move, like they've always existed. When I was in high school it was the soulja boy song. I don't know why everyone is so uptight about it.. Does it get annoying when everyone does it yeah but it will come and pass like every childhood trend. USASF have much bigger problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back