All-Star Discuss Your Usasf Struggles Here

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm not sure what is the "right" time frame to wait after sending a letter to the entire board of directors before getting any kind of substantive response, but it has been over two weeks now. I have yet to receive anything from any of them that remotely addresses my concerns. (I don't count the offer to refund about 1/3 of the money that baseball-field athletes had spent to get to Worlds, as that was a tiny portion of my letter.)
That's garbage! They should have responded already. It's so disappointing that they can't/won't take time and listen to the people (especially coaches or gym owners). It just proves that they don't care about their customers. Maybe if they took time to address everyone concerns publicly there wouldn't be so much "gossip" SMH

I'm not sure what is the "right" time frame to wait after sending a letter to the entire board of directors before getting any kind of substantive response, but it has been over two weeks now. I have yet to receive anything from any of them that remotely addresses my concerns. (I don't count the offer to refund about 1/3 of the money that baseball-field athletes had spent to get to Worlds, as that was a tiny portion of my letter.)

And don't expect anything else for a while, since they're now "on vacation." (or maybe just the "rules department"?)

Post Season Update | USASF Cheer Rules

It also should have been easy to not run an hour behind when you only have 20 competing teams, but clearly that didn't happen. The wet mats were the most visible, talked-about problem of the weekend, but there were many more unexcusable issues with the event all weekend. All of our athletes deserve far better.
The first team to perform started at least 30 minutes or more later than scheduled. Remember the crowd chanting more than once "Let's Get Started"? Does anyone know the reason it got started so late?

I know that holding it outside creates weather issues, but remember why it was moved to the baseball stadium several years ago? There were near riots when spectators couldn't get into the Milk House/HP, including parents of athletes that were performing. No one wants to have it come to that again. Have there been wet mat issues when college squads are outside at NCA in Dayton?

If I or anyone in my company did not respond to a concern/complaint of this magnitude (or for even less) for over two weeks...there would be hell to pay and possibly termination.

This is just bad and unprofessional service and speaks volumes of the integrity of the company.

Seems to me they realize they won't lose any business because really.......what gym is really going to boycott Worlds? They'll do little to rectify the situation as long as they keep making millions and everyone keeps putting up with it.

They couldn't care less and they have the upper hand until something drastic is done.

The first team to perform started at least 30 minutes or more later than scheduled. Remember the crowd chanting more than once "Let's Get Started"? Does anyone know the reason it got started so late?

I know that holding it outside creates weather issues, but remember why it was moved to the baseball stadium several years ago? There were near riots when spectators couldn't get into the Milk House/HP, including parents of athletes that were performing. No one wants to have it come to that again. Have there been wet mat issues when college squads are outside at NCA in Dayton?
Which is HILARIOUS, because that's STILL. HAPPENING. People are STILL getting locked out, parents are still getting barred from being able to get in and see their kids perform.

Does anyone know more about the music copyright thing happening now? When getting music are we going to have to get it from an "approved" company? I'm so confused about the whole thing.

Based on the televised performance of Worlds there are only 2 divisions that matter to USASF :mad::confused:

I'm really appreciating these updates.
It's all well and good for us to sit here and be frustrated with USASF, but you coaches are the ones truly in the thick of it. So thanks for taking the time to keep us in the know.

I've always wondered if kids who are not on Large Coed or Large All Girl teams feel some type of way when their division gets like 2 minutes in the ESPN airing.

Also curious to know if the commentators commented on #MatGate.
Speaking from experience yes they do feel some type of way. So does their momma :D. And no other division even got 2 seconds of airtime let alone 2 minutes. No offense to any team shown, but BSB and SSX certainly deserved to be highlighted as did all of the other winners. I get there is only an hour, but if you have a time constraint than show the top 2 teams from each division, or the top 3 with 30 seconds cut out from each performance. But since that would require additional camera crews and editing time, that would be too much to ask for...

The year retired cheerleader's team won we knew there would be nary a peep as it was early in the morning and not a camera in sight. Does U$A$F aka Var$ity pay for the ESPN airtime/coverage (via advertisers or other) or does ESPN actually wish to show a "sporting" event and cover it at "no charge"?

The year retired cheerleader's team won we knew there would be nary a peep as it was early in the morning and not a camera in sight. Does U$A$F aka Var$ity pay for the ESPN airtime/coverage (via advertisers or other) or does ESPN actually wish to show a "sporting" event and cover it at "no charge"?

Wonder how much the Disney/ESPN relationship has to do with it? It's basically Disney marketing itself and if anybody knows about marketing to help separate parents from their money, it's Disney.

Speaking from experience yes they do feel some type of way. So does their momma :D. And no other division even got 2 seconds of airtime let alone 2 minutes. No offense to any team shown, but BSB and SSX certainly deserved to be highlighted as did all of the other winners. I get there is only an hour, but if you have a time constraint than show the top 2 teams from each division, or the top 3 with 30 seconds cut out from each performance. But since that would require additional camera crews and editing time, that would be too much to ask for...
Amen!
I'd much rather see the top few teams from multiple divisions than the top 10 from just one division. Especially since I believed SSX and BSB to be the two standout teams of this year's Worlds. They deserved some airtime.

USASF/Varsity pays for it.

Logistically speaking they've never shown more than one venue's finals. Maybe more divisions got shown when Large Senior/Coed was in the Field House, but others were getting left off then too. I'm assuming they don't have the equipment to set up all those cameras in every venue.

Last edited:
Back