All-Star Discuss Your Usasf Struggles Here

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

You know, I never understood what people meant when they say USASF "Can barely handle Cheerleading" until a few months ago and especially now. I've never had such a big headache, ever, in my life. I mean first music and giving us vague, unprofessional responses, and now this World's stuff. I just don't understand.

USASF was created to help legitimize Cheerleading and to make sure events were safe to attend. How is having a wet floor under any reason is safe?

Maybe it's just me, but its' been so much stuff to happen this season and USASF has just been handling it so unprofessionally. If I'm not mistaken, USASF honestly hasn't been around for that long, I'm a few years older than the USASF company, sometimes I just feel like ALL Star cheerleading should just go back to the way it was before USASF and have more independent competitions, fees were affordable, etc. Obviously, they cannot handle being our governing body and we spend thousands and thousands of dollars on them each season and look at how they treat us in return.

EDIT: This may shock some of you guys, but there's varsity rep on facebook inside of some groups that are only for program owners, or coaches and in these groups people have posted things from Legit Mix and other music mixing companies and their responses on this whole music issue and to help educate us and this rep has replied back to many of them saying that they're wrong and they don't know where the information has come from.

I'm just sitting here like seriously? Legit Mix has been legally doing mixes for a while now, how dare you insult them and say they're wrong about the music issue and licensing procedures. They're also speculations going around that maybe USASF hasn't been paying their fees for proper licensing. However, again, that's just a rumor, I have no idea if this has been legitimately confirmed.

Last edited:
Assuming these gates. I don't see tape so I guess they taped them after the entered?

That picture is great. Awful but great.

I've been on the boards all weekend. How did I miss this? Why are they trapping them in and when did this happen?

This weekend has basically been one giant clusterf**k. But I know that USASF has no capacity for self-awareness or self-improvement, so I doubt any real changes will actually be made.

However, there are some very powerful coaches, from some very powerful gyms, who are very very angry. So this won't be the last we hear of this situation.

I've been on the boards all weekend. How did I miss this? Why are they trapping them in and when did this happen?

This picture was taken from the inside out, I believe, before people were let in---I think the tapping happened after to keep anymore people from coming in. I asked my DH about gaffer's tape since he uses it at work from time to time and he said a layer or two and people could have easily pushed through it but anything beyond that and the security risks are way too high---so I'm still curious to see the tape job. I'm twitter stupid as far as searching stuff goes so if someone finds the photo, shoot me a PM or something.

However, there are some very powerful coaches from some very powerful gyms, who are very very angry. So this won't be the last we hear of this situation.
It's been years now of issues on the baseball field. Even if the mats weren't wet, you can't expect athletes to warm up 45+ minutes prior to competing and then go compete. Coaches and athletes can prepare for a midnight performance, they can't and should prepare to warm-up, sit around an hour and then go full out. I hope something will be done, but I'm not sure anything will. I think the biggest chance was a few years ago when ASGA was started, and then that sort of fizzled out.

This picture was taken from the inside out, I believe, before people were let in---I think the tapping happened after to keep anymore people from coming in. I asked my DH about gaffer's tape since he uses it at work from time to time and he said a layer or two and people could have easily pushed through it but anything beyond that and the security risks are way too high---so I'm still curious to see the tape job. I'm twitter stupid as far as searching stuff goes so if someone finds the photo, shoot me a PM or something.
Those people are on the inside. Jostens is behind them, if they were trapped outside then the baseball field would be back there. Unless the picture is somehow reversed, I don't see how they could be outside the venue.

Those people are on the inside. Jostens is behind them, if they were trapped outside then the baseball field would be back there. Unless the picture is somehow reversed, I don't see how they could be outside the venue.

I misunderstood then, I thought this was the before shot---if this is trapping people inside then I don't get the point? Like, let them out?

I misunderstood then, I thought this was the before shot---if this is trapping people inside then I don't get the point? Like, let them out?
I don't either. I could be wrong, but I just don't see how they could be outside with Jostens back there. I've even sat here thinking about all the ways into Jostens and if there would be any other way in. I'm stumped. I missed this whole thing when it happened!

ETA photo can't be reversed bc Jostens reads normal, not backwards.

At Champions Stadium, they stopped letting spectators in due to being "at capacity". There were, once again, parents and grandparents stuck in line and unable to see their kids compete. After several inquires about a special parent entrance, the answer was still no, they hadn't yet decided to do that. The wrought iron looking gates all around the stadium open fairly easily. So, I know at least one person attempted to help a mom in to see her kid by opening up a side gate. I know at least one parent slipped in through the main gate entrance and ran so they could see their child compete. After that, they wrapped tape around all the gates so they could not be opened. I would imagine this was a safety issue for anyone inside the stadium.

*skedaddles back from reading tweets*

werrrrd @ACEDAD

My head is still pounding from my frustrations about LC and LS finals. Last night though, after F5s performance, there was an athlete on the floor with the paramedics. Does anyone know if that was related to the mat being wet? Or was that something else?

I read somewhere she had problems with asthma and woke up in a hospital with world medal around her neck.

There is no excuse for the floor being wet.

That being said....

The exact SECOND that someone came back and told me the floor was wet, my kids would not have been taking that floor.

I would have raised hell.

Hindsight is 20/20 but everyone should have pow-wowed on wet floor IMMEDIATELY.

I'm not faulting anyone but doing so after the fact put everyone in an awkward position as there was no way to rectify the situation and have it be fair to all parties.

With all of THAT said, it should have been a non-issue because USASF SHOULD BE PROTECTING FLOORS/KIDS.

Not really directed at you but just a post to bounce off of and get my thoughts out.

Lots of people are saying that the athletes should have insisted straight away that they don't perform.

I would think that the athletes didn't fully know the floor was wet/ how wet the floor was until they went on the floor. At that point they have 30 seconds to get in position to be ready to perform or face a deduction.

I can't say that if I was a 15 year old in the same situation that I would have the confidence/ ability (not sure of the right word) to stand up right there and go tell my coach that I THINK the mat is wet. I would imagine that the fear of incurring a deduction in a division as competitive as large senior would stop you from doing that.

Hindsight is all well and good but I can absolutely see why the athletes didn't protest before they performed.

ETA: I'm not saying that it wasn't USASF's responsibility but I don't agree with the people who say that the athletes should have refused to perform when USASF failed in their duty to the athletes.

Last edited:
Not really directed at you but just a post to bounce off of and get my thoughts out.

Lots of people are saying that the athletes should have insisted straight away that they don't perform.

I would think that the athletes didn't fully know the floor was wet/ how wet the floor was until they went on the floor. At that point they have 30 seconds to get in position to be ready to perform or face a deduction.

I can't say that if I was a 15 year old in the same situation that I would have the confidence/ ability (not sure of the right word) to stand up right there and go tell my coach that I THINK the mat is wet. I would imagine that the fear of incurring a deduction in a division as competitive as large senior would stop you from doing that.

Hindsight is all well and good but I can absolutely see why the athletes didn't protest before they performed.

Except it's not up to the athletes or coaches to make sure the mat is safe to compete on. That is USASF's responsibility. Athletes and coaches can go up to the people in charge and say something but they aren't supposed to be the ones checking to make sure the mat is safe - USASF is.

Also, you wouldn't get a deduction for questioning the safety of the performance area.

@Ciara martin im going to agree with you. Also, the coaches weren't aware either...they're backstage with their team until just before they go on. CP said one of her coaches started trying to make someone aware that the floor was wet sometime mid-routine. It also stands to reason, that the later and cooler it got outside, the wetter the mat got and therefore the argument that every team as perfo Ming under the same conditions doesn't really hold water (no pun intended). This isn't coming from a place where I'm sour about placements, either. It's just very upsetting that these were the conditions that they had to perform under.

At Champions Stadium, they stopped letting spectators in due to being "at capacity". There were, once again, parents and grandparents stuck in line and unable to see their kids compete. After several inquires about a special parent entrance, the answer was still no, they hadn't yet decided to do that. The wrought iron looking gates all around the stadium open fairly easily. So, I know at least one person attempted to help a mom in to see her kid by opening up a side gate. I know at least one parent slipped in through the main gate entrance and ran so they could see their child compete. After that, they wrapped tape around all the gates so they could not be opened. I would imagine this was a safety issue for anyone inside the stadium.

Kudos to those parents who found a way in to watch their child! It's ridiculous that a parent/grandparent would miss their child performing because of overcrowding! [emoji35]

This needs to be fixed ASAP!!! Give each parent a special lanyard with the gym & team name on it. That way they can be assured to get in to watch their child perform.

I hope at least one person is fired for taping the gates. That is a serious safety hazard. I can't understand why people are standing inside the gates like prisoners??? When were they trying to leave and not allowed to?

Back