All-Star Discuss Your Usasf Struggles Here

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I fully believe we need a seperation between Worlds and USASF if USASF wants to continue to be the governing body of cheer. Not only because they clearly cannot handle enforcing their own rules AND run a competition at the same time but its seems like there is a complete double standard. Other EPs would be repremanded harshly by USASF (in theory) if they pulled the same shenanigans but USASF can walk away without even a slap on the wrist.

I'd really like to see a seperate "EP" that only does Worlds. Varsity and all other independant EPs, appearal companies, etc, can partner, USASF can govern but keep it seperate from everything else.

This has been one of my main contentions ever since I came into the cheerleading side of what I do. How can you have an EP also be in charge of, run and essentially be the governing body for the entire industry? For many years they said they were not the same but after too many calls to USASF and having the phone answered thank you for calling Varsity; after too many years of trying to conceal the connections yet you see the same people over and over again, it became obvious even to those who were their most ardent supporters. I am not a fan of the "we are working on it, gives us time" type responses we have been given over them many many years because those are often intentional delays that have no institutional intention of ever coming to pass.

USASF needs to be run separately in every way possible. They need to able to govern fairly without favor. They need to be able to enforce the rules that they ask all of us to follow. They should be held accountable when their own actions are in conflict with their own stated mission and rules. If we can not trust the governing body to enforce safety and rules that they have written, why do we have them as a governing body?

This has been one of my main contentions ever since I came into the cheerleading side of what I do. How can you have an EP also be in charge of, run and essentially be the governing body for the entire industry? For many years they said they were not the same but after too many calls to USASF and having the phone answered thank you for calling Varsity; after too many years of trying to conceal the connections yet you see the same people over and over again, it became obvious even to those who were their most ardent supporters. I am not a fan of the "we are working on it, gives us time" type responses we have been given over them many many years because those are often intentional delays that have no institutional intention of ever coming to pass.

USASF needs to be run separately in every way possible. They need to able to govern fairly without favor. They need to be able to enforce the rules that they ask all of us to follow. They should be held accountable when their own actions are in conflict with their own stated mission and rules. If we can not trust the governing body to enforce safety and rules that they have written, why do we have them as a governing body?

Reminds me of the old quote of "Follow the money!"

Maybe I'm not interpreting tone right...I'm not sure why SLAM deserves unkindness here. :( Do you have to be part of some long-timers club in order to have commentary?

No, but you do need to know what you are talking about. @SL&AM likes to repeat what she sees others say when she has no first hand knowledge or experience to back it up. And this relates to most things she comments on.

Agreed. I wonder what it would take to pry Worlds away from USASF. They make so much money off of that one event I can't imagine they would willingly give it up.

This is essentially me thinking out loud but, realistically, the big gyms "boycotting" one year would not do anything - even if they all did it together. New world champions would just be crowned. The big gyms would have to "boycott" for an indefinite amount of time so that Worlds would be somewhat illegitamate - it wouldn't be the best of the best anymore, it'd just be another UCA. But I can't see that happening because gyms are also a business and Worlds is the pinnicle event for all star cheer. Parents and athletes would just go to other gyms that were attending worlds, USASF would still get their money, and the big gyms would be SOL. So I'm not sure you can really "speak with your money" in this situation. I think you'd have to get more creative.

Is there an organizaed group already in place where the big names in the industry can put pressure on USASF to atleast get their sh!t together?

This picture was taken from the inside out, I believe, before people were let in---I think the tapping happened after to keep anymore people from coming in. I asked my DH about gaffer's tape since he uses it at work from time to time and he said a layer or two and people could have easily pushed through it but anything beyond that and the security risks are way too high---so I'm still curious to see the tape job. I'm twitter stupid as far as searching stuff goes so if someone finds the photo, shoot me a PM or something.

I'm having trouble posting the pic for some reason. But I can message it to you on Facebook.

2. I'm gonna be really honest here, and my opinion is probably an unpopular one.. I don't believe that the actual blue floor was soaking wet to the point where it was a hazard. I agree the red border was wet from the humidity and dew but has anyone shown proof of the blue floor being wet? I have watched all LAG videos and a lot of them seem to be landing tumbling just fine ?

CP slipped getting onto the mat. By the time the pyramid rolled around her shoes/socks were completely wet. In the pyramid her foot slipped out of her base's hand. Thankfully her base is awesome and was able to grab and throw her by the ankle. During the dance, cp slipped getting up from one floor position and her timing was off.

I'm having trouble posting the pic for some reason. But I can message it to you on Facebook.

CP slipped getting onto the mat. By the time the pyramid rolled around her shoes/socks were completely wet. In the pyramid her foot slipped out of her base's hand. Thankfully her base is awesome and was able to grab and throw her by the ankle. During the dance, cp slipped getting up from one floor position and her timing was off.

Interesting. Pretty reliable source ! So sad kids had to perform like that - I know if my kid came off the mat talking like that saying what you just said Id be livid!

Can someone repost the picture of the coaches standing around after Lrg Senior? I want to see how many I can name. Right now I have a bet with my coworker that I can name at least 75%.

Cg3C0p7WkAAg71N.jpg

Cg2-0yMWIAARwcE.jpg

Can someone repost the picture of the coaches standing around after Lrg Senior? I want to see how many I can name. Right now I have a bet with my coworker that I can name at least 75%.
I suck [emoji23][emoji23] I only recognized two people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. I wonder what it would take to pry Worlds away from USASF. They make so much money off of that one event I can't imagine they would willingly give it up.

This is essentially me thinking out loud but, realistically, the big gyms "boycotting" one year would not do anything - even if they all did it together. New world champions would just be crowned. The big gyms would have to "boycott" for an indefinite amount of time so that Worlds would be somewhat illegitamate - it wouldn't be the best of the best anymore, it'd just be another UCA. But I can't see that happening because gyms are also a business and Worlds is the pinnicle event for all star cheer. Parents and athletes would just go to other gyms that were attending worlds, USASF would still get their money, and the big gyms would be SOL. So I'm not sure you can really "speak with your money" in this situation. I think you'd have to get more creative.

Is there an organizaed group already in place where the big names in the industry can put pressure on USASF to atleast get their sh!t together?

I try to be careful with too much of my thinking out loud because the walls have ears. Even on my personal FB page I get friend requests all the time from people I never met and have no connection to whatsoever. After researching them I find out many of them work for Varsity/USASF in some capacity. So I have been way more quiet since I know they always look for troublemakers like me to see what I know and who is telling me these things....LOL.

The ASGA group is big enough to do what you said. However the focus of the group has changed much from the beginning and that does not seem to be a fight they would want to take. As you said it is a business and often what is best for business is not what is best for the sport. IMO it would take at least a 3 year boycott of several of the top 10 programs in the world before a change would be made. It would also have to be known that they were boycotting and why. I don't realistically see that happening for many reasons. One year perhaps, but not three consecutive years.

I suck [emoji23][emoji23] I only recognized two people.

I think I got Courtney and Sarah(slash Lady of Teals' coach??), Elaine, Roger from Rays, BlueCat maybe? Tara from MT. I wish I knew who everyone was, I'd label them all and repost an edited pic for future reference.

ETA: Oh and Ben Pope

I think I got Courtney and Sarah(slash Lady of Teals' coach??), Elaine, Roger from Rays, BlueCat maybe? Tara from MT. I wish I knew who everyone was, I'd label them all and repost an edited pic for future reference.
I only recognized CSP and I think I see Justin( pretty sure that's him with the blue shirt)

Back