All-Star Discuss Your Usasf Struggles Here

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I wonder if the money is completely string free---since they've already decided how the athletes will have to use it, are they also attaching a clause that says if the gym accepts it they can not longer be sued? Food for though...if USASF was smart (and from a business point, I think they are) there is gonna be a lot more behind this statement that never comes out.

I'm thankful I didn't have a dog in this fight because that $330 would be nowhere near enough to make up for what happened nor would I ever, as a parent, be okay with it having to be funneled through the gym to get back to my child. What about the child who isn't coming back to cheer and isn't going to college---not everyone is college bound.

I wonder if the money is completely string free---since they've already decided how the athletes will have to use it, are they also attaching a clause that says if the gym accepts it they can not longer be sued? Food for though...if USASF was smart (and from a business point, I think they are) there is gonna be a lot more behind this statement that never comes out.

I'm thankful I didn't have a dog in this fight because that $330 would be nowhere near enough to make up for what happened nor would I ever, as a parent, be okay with it having to be funneled through the gym to get back to my child. What about the child who isn't coming back to cheer and isn't going to college---not everyone is college bound.
It has a clause for continuing education, which makes it a bit more broad than college... But still....

I'm wondering how the affected athletes and gyms feel about this settlement? Anyone care to elaborate?

Now what are they going to do to prevent it from happening in the future?
AH HA! Now I know why when I read it, it felt like something was missing and now I realize - NO RESOLUTION. Just a vague reference to a Worlds Task Force and a vague "we will talk about it". Great for acknowledging there were issues and trying to do something about what happened but nothing about how are you going to fix it in the future.

So, where is the part acknowledging their role in the treatment of the spectators, the taping of the doors etc. ? I spent thousands of dollars and a lot of time getting to Worlds only to be treated very poorly at the stadium and ultimately forced to be separated from my child (also a spectator) and made to leave not just the venue, but ESPN WOW due to no available space. Many spectators were treated extremely poorly and their safety at risk due to overcrowding.

So, where is the part acknowledging their role in the treatment of the spectators, the taping of the doors etc. ? I spent thousands of dollars and a lot of time getting to Worlds only to be treated very poorly at the stadium and ultimately forced to be separated from my child (also a spectator) and made to leave not just the venue, but ESPN WOW due to no available space. Many spectators were treated extremely poorly and their safety at risk due to overcrowding.
I WAS JUST ABOUT TO POST THIS. THIS.

They literally could have killed someone.

I've waited to respond because I didn't want to say something I'd regret. But, time hasn't softened my view.

I have to say I find the statement issued by USASF insulting. They feel they can throw out a little hush money and that will take care of things? Although I'm glad they acknowledged....we'll wait, what did they acknowledge ? They are master wordsmiths to say the least. They assumed no responsibility. They downplayed the severity and never really addressed any of the problems. This is their idea of damage control. And they expect to simply buy their way out of their problems rather than address the issues.

Thank goodness nothing serious occurred to athletes or spectators but it very well could have. In a worst case scenario this situation could have resulted in disaster. Many lives could have been lost. What they did was not simply neglectful and stupid. It was criminal. A lot of people stand to get in a lot of trouble for what took place that night. I'm sure they are very aware of that fact. They knowingly put lives at risk for profit.

Are they going to reimburse all the spectators that paid to see the event and couldn't get in the venue ? Individuals spent a lot of money and time getting to Worlds only to get turned away. And these are people holding tickets to the event. Or are they going to apologize to the spectators that they jerked around and were abusive towards ? How do they intend to compensate the parents that missed their kids performance (for some their kids final cheer performance ever) ?

It's obvious they intend to do nothing. They got their money. I am sure that they made more money from overselling tickets to the stadium than they will pay out with their $330 per athlete payout. It's profitable for them to run their events in this manner. Where is the incentive to change anything ? Obviously there is none. That's why you can anticipate the very same problems next year. It's far more profitable to payout $330 per athlete and fix nothing.

Last edited:
I've waited to respond because I didn't want to say something I'd regret. But, time hasn't softened my view.

I have to say I find the statement issued by USASF insulting. They feel they can throw out a little hush money and that will take care of things? Although I'm glad they acknowledged....we'll wait, what did they acknowledge ? They are master wordsmiths to say the least. They assumed no responsibility. They downplayed the severity and never really addressed any of the problems. This is their idea of damage control. And they expect to simply buy their way out of their problems rather than address the issues.

Thank goodness nothing serious occurred to athletes or spectators but it very well could have. In a worst case scenario this situation could have resulted in disaster. Many lives could have been lost. What they did was not simply neglectful and stupid. It was criminal. A lot of people stand to get in a lot of trouble for what took place that night. I'm sure they are very aware of that fact. They knowingly put lives at risk for profit.

Are they going to reimburse all the spectators that paid to see the event and couldn't get in the venue ? Individuals spent a lot of money and time getting to Worlds only to get turned away. And these are people holding tickets to the event. Or are they going to apologize to the spectators that they jerked around and were abusive towards ? How do they intend to compensate the parents that missed their kids performance (for some their kids final cheer performance ever) ?

It's obvious they intend to do nothing. They got their money. I am sure that they made more money from overselling tickets to the stadium than they will pay out with their $330 per athlete payout. It's profitable for them to run their events in this manner. Where is the incentive to change anything ? Obviously there is none. That's why you can anticipate the very same problems next year. It's far more profitable to payout $330 per athlete and fix nothing.

@klynn64 has spoken. And I couldn't agree more.

It says $330 per athlete that took the floor in Large Senior and Large Coed. So, I'm assuming it's every athlete that competed in finals in those two divisions.
What confuses me is that it's 330 per athlete and they want it to be a scholarship fund.... Or do the athletes get 330 that they can use for whatever ?

What confuses me is that it's 330 per athlete and they want it to be a scholarship fund.... Or do the athletes get 330 that they can use for whatever ?

it's probably going to be a voucher that can only be spent at varsity's online shop.

usasf could've done worse:

cleared.jpg

It sounds like they used the word "scholarship" in order to get a tax deduction for the money they are paying out...

It's pathetic. I took "scholarship" to mean that the athletes are supposed to use it for something related to cheer, like for competition fees which means USASF gets their money back.

Back