All-Star Discussing The Value Of Tumbling In Io(c) 5/6

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

King

Is all about that bass
Staff member
FBOD:LLFB
Dec 4, 2009
So I love me some discussion. Out of the 300 possible points for any of the international divisions only 5 points exist (difficulty AND execution) for running and standing tumbling each. For those good at math that is 3.3% of the possible score. Now the way the scoresheets read if you do a marginal amount of level 5 tumbling (read... not a lot) you will get 4 out of the possible 5 points. We are saying teams like Bangkok who have a few fulls would probably score at least a 3... maybe even a 3.5. Teams that have just a handful of fulls (let us say 8 out of 24... and noticed I said FULLS not doubles) would probably score a 4. So all this amazing tumbling you are watching take up 50% of the routine by each of these teams in IO(C) 5/6... is worth 1 point. 1 measily point per category.

.3% (not three percent. POINT 3 percent)

.6% total for ALL tumbling in a routine (which normally takes up 50% of your routine time)

Thoughts?

Is this taking into account synchronized tumbling as well?
I feel like a team would be able to throw all of their running tumbling to the front of the mat at the same time and be able to max out.

Is it also possible that people are just keeping their routines as is for now because of all the major competitions in the US? Tumbling will definitely help you win dallas or cheersport

Is this taking into account synchronized tumbling as well?
I feel like a team would be able to throw all of their running tumbling to the front of the mat at the same time and be able to max out.

Is it also possible that people are just keeping their routines as is for now because of all the major competitions in the US? Tumbling will definitely help you win dallas or cheersport

The type of athlete that wins Dallas will be different looking than the type of athlete that scores well on a worlds scoresheet.

It is a bit of a disconnect.

As for Synch, just throw everyone at once. Done.

I don't like it. At all.

You know that a-ha moment you just ad? I had that when I first saw these. I like it for 6, not gonna lie, but for 5... I think a lil more balance is good.

Just waiting for more a-ha moments from others.

although it seems odd, since our regular tumbling would be 50% of the routine.. I think the reason it's set up like that is because while many open teams are made up of amazing L5's the cheered just the year before or so and were L5 when they aged out, not everyone is or has enough of that talent to make a team (esp the intl teams), so to level the playing field it's worth less.. or at least IMO i feel that's why.

Wow...never thought of it that way, King. The point discrepancy for tumbling is crazy....

Wow...never thought of it that way, King. The point discrepancy for tumbling is crazy....

I am going to do a 'how to read the scoresheet clinic' right before worlds. At that point routines cannot change BUT might make everybody understand why things end up the way they end up.

I am going to do a 'how to read the scoresheet clinic' right before worlds. At that point routines cannot change BUT might make everybody understand why things end up the way they end up.
can it be a webinar? with voice and video! and make sure to record it. haha

I don't really have a problem with it for level 6, I kind of like it. The emphasis in that division has always seemed to be for old people to keep stunting, particularly people who cheered in college. But IO5 seems to me like the more "serious" division for older cheerleaders who want to keep doing the all-star style that they're used to. I don't think tumbling should be counted so little in that division.

I don't think I like this. But then again I'm only speaking on behalf of what I can understand. I've spent most of this semester on school and my life and only really posted on here during Xmas break out of boredom. I'm probably going to weigh in more after a few big competitions to see how it all plays out. I have mixed feelings.

Why I like it:
-Clean, Simple, pushes for "all at once" type synch that I enjoy very much (but then again I am a huge fan of the UCA scoresheet)
-International teams should be able to stunt better than senior divisions. Period.
-Takes into consideration that most athletes hit their tumbling "peak" while in the senior division and putting such a strong emphasis on tumbling at an older age could lead to some lifelong injury (that's the Sports Med major in me speaking)

Why I don't like it:
-We will be seeing more "beefy" college-type guys in the Int'l 5 division. I have nothing against these types of athletes, but I do believe more "allstar" type boys should also have a place to compete once they're out of high school. Level 5 just makes the most sense to have them compete in.
-I still think that teams that are great at stunting, such as Bangkok, need a little more tumbling to hang with the US teams. Modifying our scoresheet to their talent just isn't fair and will keep the sport at a standstill

What I'd like to see:
-Level 5 Int'l scoresheets: something more adjacent to a Level 5 senior division scoresheet, with maybe a 15-20% shift from tumbling to stunting
-Level 6 Int'l scoresheets: still more emphasis on tumbling, but not as much. I like synchronized tumbling a lot. Maybe seeing a few counts of clean synch standing, and a few of synch running. Girls included.

Anyone here feel free to challenge my proposals here or just provide me with more info.

king, dont mean to hijack the thread but that little clinic video is actually a good idea. You should consider making a section of the boards where people can post how to videos for others like: how to make a cheer bow, people can show new and different stunts, new stretches and other useful information. Just a thought!

king, dont mean to hijack the thread but that little clinic video is actually a good idea. You should consider making a section of the boards where people can post how to videos for others like: how to make a cheer bow, people can show new and different stunts, new stretches and other useful information. Just a thought!

A cheer how to?

Why not Just a WIKI entry?

Back