All-Star Discussion - Cheer Perfection Tlc

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Could be something TLC added...that would be my guess.

In the past, we've taught a cheer and had them do it at try outs. Why? It shows me a variety of motions without being "Show me a high V, show me a T" and shows me how quickly they catch on. Also, if they mess up, it shows me a lot about the kid in terms of how they react and approach it. Some keep going, some freak out, etc. Honestly, just because they don't cheer doesn't mean it won't show the coach some things they might want to see. I haven't done it recently, but I know some all-star programs that still do.

To the people saying that it's not the gym's fault, it is.

Alisha and her husband should have known that following around a youth level 2 team and their moms was a set up for disaster. I've seen her tweet people saying that if they want to see higher level teams they will do that blah blah blah, but why didn't they do that in the first place? Why let TLC show you out drinking with the moms? Let parents out on your floor and come side coach and yell at their child? Why didn't you make sure that the cheerleading industry was shown in a good light? Why do you let them show your gym in such a bad light? This is like the producers of Dance Moms showing Vivi's level of dancing instead of Chloe and the others. At least they show the incompetence of Abby and the moms, but the hard work and dedication it takes to be a dancer. If they were smart instead of jumping at the chance to get themselves and their child back on TV, they would've talked to the producers of the show more and made sure that their rules and ways of running the gym weren't sacrificed for ratings. And if TLC didn't like that then it should've been the end of the road for the show.

On Alisha private Facebook page, there is a video of Youth Sliver. They look pretty good and I could make out a few of the girls who tried out. Also they are in 1st place and leading score from all level 1's and 2's.v
ETA: there is also a little boy flyer. He is also one of their pageant kids.

The coach reminds me of Reese Witherspoon (her looks and very, very slight lisp).

I know, right? I found this on her Facebook page from filming and it looks just like Reese in Sweet Home Alabama!

529962_10151086855854409_1417311476_n.jpg

This is a show that shows a coach with passion. She yells at her kids and not ONCE did I think she was being disrespectful or uncaring. I am willing to bet she is just as passionate about her lower levels too. If we want to be taken seriously as a sport this the image we want to project. One that shows kids and coaches with passion. A show that clearly states how hard these children work and what great athletes they really are.

If they want to market "Cheer Perfection" as a fluffy narrow view of Cheer Time Revolution of Arkansas maybe I can accept that. Call it "Tiny Cheer and Pom Pom's" or "Crazy Cheer Mom's from Arkansas" or any other name that infers it is a kitschy contrived reality show. NOT "Cheer Perfection" because there is nothing perfect about that show.

We can agree to disagree to an extent with regards to Patty Anne. I wouldn't personally support a coach that used some of the language and methods she used, but she's coaching a level 5 world's team. The expectations are much higher and the kids are older. But compared to what I saw on Cheer Perfection, Patty Anne's like the patron saint of cheer.

We can agree to disagree to an extent with regards to Patty Anne. I wouldn't personally support a coach that used some of the language and methods she used, but she's coaching a level 5 world's team. The expectations are much higher and the kids are older. But compared to what I saw on Cheer Perfection, Patty Anne's like the patron saint of cheer.
I know this will sound a little cliche or derogatory but I am from NJ and CJA is in NJ. The way she talked and some of the language used is kind of a cultural thing. Bitches is not a common word used in cheerleading but I could definitely see nobody batting an eyelash here in NJ. I also don't imagine for one second that she would use language like that with a youth or junior team. I guarantee you not one parent on that team gasped one tiny little bit. I was much more appalled when coach perfection swatted that girl in the head and called her a name or shoved a girl off her head and told her to pay attention.

Having said all that I can definitely see how people from the south would view that kind of language. My daughter is going to college in the deep south and it might as well be a different country. Everything is slower and sweeter a lot like that yummy tea.

My daughter and I were waiting in line to pay for something and the cashier was having this lovely neighborly conversation with the person in front of us. After what felt like forever my daughter turned to me and said "I guess people in the south like there ice cream melted?" The two having the conversation just stopped with their mouths in this shape :eek:. Looking at the two woman I said in my best east coast accent accent "Well bless her heart...". My daughter and I cracked up laughing...they looked less amused.

Things are just much faster paced and no nonsense in the east.

Latest posts

Back