All-Star Disney Do's And Don'ts For Uca , Worlds, Summit

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Well if there was a way to even remotely possibly know whose cup that was I would of got it back to them. Those cups aren't tied to our bands so it's not like they could look it up. We had 3 or 4 cheerleaders cup come up missing, I did ask if it was theirs or where they left it but all those people had came in after the day we had arrived so it wasn't their cup. My daughter doesn't think nor do I that taking someone else's belongings is ok. We did not pilfer this cup off of someone or deceive someone into leaving their cup. Someone simply made a mistake and left it behind for whatever reason. Your right I could of turned it in and the first person of many people to say they lost their cup would get it but I honestly didn't think of that. I did feel bad for the person but please don't question my ability in deciding if something is right or wrong just because it isn't something everyone else would do. I made my judgement at that time on what I thought was acceptable. I have turned in lost cell phones and lost keys before because I knew those would make there way into the hands of the right person and they could hopefully get those items back. Sorry for causing an uproar on what I did with a cup that was found

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In the whole scheme of the world it is minor but it is what it is and nothing can be done now. We will all have our own thoughts on it and won't say maybe I wouldn't have at least thought of doing that at some point in my life but getting older and wiser (kids do that to you) I think twice.

Pretending to be a parent since 1993

I would have been skeeved out the whole day wondering where the cup had been. You found it on the soda machine but who knows if that was the 1st time they filled it or did they have a blistering cold sore and it was the 2nd time they filled it? Unless I had a handy portable autoclave with me there is no way...so you are braver then me. But I am also the person that WILL NOT share a utensil with someone and have a antibacterial hand gel addiction.

You weren't supposed to bring back the cups from previous years either. They were sold to you for you to use at the resort you purchased it from for that vacation only. So technically, all the people who brought their mugs back the next trip/year were "stealing" soda/coffee/tea/whatever you drink. I'm not saying that taking the left behind mug was the 100% correct thing to do, but not everyone here has been doing the "right" thing either.

ETA - obviously two wrongs don't make a right, I'm just saying don't be so quick to judge

You weren't supposed to bring back the cups from previous years either. They were sold to you for you to use at the resort you purchased it from for that vacation only. So technically, all the people who brought their mugs back the next trip/year were "stealing" soda/coffee/tea/whatever you drink. I'm not saying that taking the left behind mug was the 100% correct thing to do, but not everyone here has been doing the "right" thing either.

ETA - obviously two wrongs don't make a right, I'm just saying don't be so quick to judge
correct and the times we have been at WDW for Worlds or vacation we buy new cups.

Should I be afraid to record teams on my phone? I don't want to be removed from worlds over that. It's my first year going
I think if you're in the stands you should be okay but of you're in the area of a staff member then watch out. Haven't been to worlds but my mom was able to record in the stands at HS nationals my senior year.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

correct and the times we have been at WDW for Worlds or vacation we buy new cups.

Every time I type this it sounds sarcastic no matter how I phrase it, but it's not my intention so please don't take it that way!! Thank you for doing the right thing and getting new mugs. It's so hard to explain the new system to people and tell them that their old mugs weren't "forever mugs" without them getting defensive.

Also, not directly targeted at you, just another thought.
It's highly, highly possible that I'm just remembering incorrectly lol...but I don't recall anyone every replying to posts about bringing mugs back to reuse the way that @Kris10boo 's post was replied to. I feel like I'm beating a dead horse at this point, and I probably am haha, but it doesn't seem right for her to get criticized when no one else did.

Also if anyone has any mug or general Disney questions I'm a cast member at a resort so feel free to PM me and I'll do my best to help you out!

Every time I type this it sounds sarcastic no matter how I phrase it, but it's not my intention so please don't take it that way!! Thank you for doing the right thing and getting new mugs. It's so hard to explain the new system to people and tell them that their old mugs weren't "forever mugs" without them getting defensive.

Also, not directly targeted at you, just another thought.
It's highly, highly possible that I'm just remembering incorrectly lol...but I don't recall anyone every replying to posts about bringing mugs back to reuse the way that @Kris10boo 's post was replied to. I feel like I'm beating a dead horse at this point, and I probably am haha, but it doesn't seem right for her to get criticized when no one else did.

Also if anyone has any mug or general Disney questions I'm a cast member at a resort so feel free to PM me and I'll do my best to help you out!
My initial response is because she put it out there. In a way just the same as reusing mugs year to year but just sounds worse since those mugs are so expensive. I guess would have been different if found discarded on the side of the road rather than right at the drinks station.

Totally off topic, in a way, but @Kris10boo are you still contemplating a move to near the Happiest Place on Earth so this time next season you'll be the Worlds Tour Guide?

Hey, I am with the people who bring their cups back year after year, these people are great environmentalists, they are doing the world the greatest of service and they are saving many trees by recycling those cups many times over.. Let's thank these thoughtful environmentalists for helping Disney from having to make new cups and charging exorbitant prices for them...:eek: :p "Shoot, I tell you what, if I purchased a cup for $18, the whole family of 4 will be using it for the next 3 years,,,we will call that drink the family economy size"...hahaha :p

for energy drink and coffee fiends - Red Bull is not sold on property. At the hotels, you could get another brand (I think it was Monster).

There is a Starbucks on Main Street and in Epcot.

Here's my two sense on the cup... we have all done something like it, even if it was something so minor we didn't even realize it was a big deal. Trust me, I've "borrowed" some things from places like the bar because at that moment and time I thought it was a great idea. The odds of someone coming to reclaim a cup they lost is probably pretty slim, considering a kid could have left it just about anywhere.

Disney Advice though:
1. Stay outside of Disney. I know others have said this but you save so much money and get so much more space and sometimes some of the complexes and time share places have a shuttle right to Disney for a small fee. I know the place we stayed at last year had day bus passes for like $5 to any of the Parks and it was good all day. Plus, we were across the street from a ton of restaurants and stores so we saved a lot of money by not eating at Disney and we had a kitchen to make our own food. It was also nice to not deal with a packed pool and the vacation seemed a little more relaxing.

Back