All-Star Disqualifying Cheaters

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I need Cajun, I need Creole, and I need it NOW.

My roommate was from Texas but lived for a bit in Louisiana. Nothing bland was every made here. We had MASSIVE containers of Tony Cacheres and I miss it every day.

Best thing about NYC- I can get the weirdest food at the oddest hours. Korean, Egyptian, Turkish, Soup Dumplings.. :D
Lucky. Now I want travel throughout the U.S. And other countries just to eat. You'll making me hungry.

My roommate was from Texas but lived for a bit in Louisiana. Nothing bland was every made here. We had MASSIVE containers of Tony Cacheres and I miss it every day.

Best thing about NYC- I can get the weirdest food at the oddest hours. Korean, Egyptian, Turkish, Soup Dumplings.. :D
So jealous. The most exotic places in the town where my girls go to school are Chinese and Mexican. If we go a bit farther, we can add a sushi place and Italian.

I am craving Thai food. We used to eat it a few times a week when we were in Guam.

So jealous. The most exotic places in the town where my girls go to school are Chinese and Mexican. If we go a bit farther, we can add a sushi place and Italian.

I am craving Thai food. We used to eat it a few times a week when we were in Guam.
My favorite Thai place used to have several locations in town and they've all closed in the last 6ish months :( I'm heartbroken, where am I supposed to get Pad Thai now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New Mexican food and Mexican food are two very distinct things. New Mexican food has a lot of regional component drawing from the pueblo Indians and ingredients from New Mexico. State ideation is "red or green".... I may or may not maintain a stash of frozen chile (both red and green) year round.... It's hard to find in Cali

Sopapillas...yum!

Trader Joes has a hatch chili salsa, and hatch chilies in the frozen section.

Sopapillas...yum!

Trader Joes has a hatch chili salsa, and hatch chilies in the frozen section.
Trader joes was in the news this past summer. They were going to discontinue hatch chile in I believe in Colorado because they want to use local chile. Well NM was all upset about it lol. How dare they stop selling hatch chile.

My favorite Thai place used to have several locations in town and they've all closed in the last 6ish months :( I'm heartbroken, where am I supposed to get Pad Thai now?

Pad Thai is the BEST. Every time we go out for Thai, mum asks what I want and I just look at her like "I get Pad Thai EVERY time. Is that even a question?" :D What is you guys favourite Pad Thai? Chicken, seafood or tofu? I like chicken the best, but seafood is good too.
You guys are making me miss home! Growing up in California made me a Mexican food and a sushi snob!

Also, if anyone wants to share that pozole recipe, my PMs are open. :)
Ooh yes Japanese food is so good too!

I am super jealous. Our old neighbors who ended up becoming our best friends are Mexican and from Cali. They taught me what real Mexican food was and it's seriously the best. They taught me how to make so many things, I actually made carnitas earlier in the week. They moved back to Cali though so the only authentic I get is if I go visit or make it myself.
You need to whip some of those up and bring them to me LOL.

Have you used Slap Your Mama? It's amazing!

Oh man Cuban and Puerto Rican food is awesome. I cook my own Cuban meals (if I didn't my mom would probably disown me lol) and it's great but sometimes it's like oh my word I can not eat another plate of rice and beans with ox tail cause I will explode. And lord knows what my arteries look like lol. I mean the food isn't unhealthy but when dh eats like 3 - 4 servings I'm usually saying "don't complain that we need to eat healthy cause I cook it healthy and u just it enough for 4 people!!" And sometimes i over eat too. First serving at dinner. Pick at it while I'm putting away for lunch, maybe have a little more later on while watching tv especially if my cooking was extra good. U know cooking can be a trial and error thing lol.

My husband is PR and his two best friends are Cuban. When we lived in Miami our Cuban friends would make these little sandwiches for parties that had like a creamed or deviled ham spread in them. I don't know what they were called but I could tear them up.

PR food is good, the only thing I don't like is Pastelles. My favorites are Pernil, rice and beans and I will sell my soul for some Tostones. I don't make them at home because they are so greasy and I hate my house smelling like that. But my MIL knows I love them so she always makes them for me when we go over.

We have also become good friends with a family from Viet Nam. I am digging their food too, there are some things that I refuse to eat because I get weirded out by textures. They are planning on opening a restaurant so I am 100% honest with them on what I like and what I don't.

That's menudo. Posole is a totally different soup.... Pork shoulder and hominy in red chile broth.... I make it often in my house. It's a favorite comfort food.

The boy band Menudo was named after a food dish?

**Whenever I see someone YELLING on the boards I imagine it is pink font**

That's menudo. Posole is a totally different soup.... Pork shoulder and hominy in red chile broth.... I make it often in my house. It's a favorite comfort food.

I make mine with green chile instead of red :) I know it's a sacrilege, but I like the flavor better that way. Living in Oklahoma sucks because you can't find the frozen or dried hominy, only the canned (yuck!), so I haven't made it in several years. I got spoiled when I lived in NM because the food was so good and now I'm stuck with Tex-Mex that everyone thinks is "da bomb" and I'm like ewwwww lol.

Back