All-Star Disqualifying Cheaters

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My husband is PR and his two best friends are Cuban. When we lived in Miami our Cuban friends would make these little sandwiches for parties that had like a creamed or deviled ham spread in them. I don't know what they were called but I could tear them up.

PR food is good, the only thing I don't like is Pastelles. My favorites are Pernil, rice and beans and I will sell my soul for some Tostones. I don't make them at home because they are so greasy and I hate my house smelling like that. But my MIL knows I love them so she always makes them for me when we go over.

We have also become good friends with a family from Viet Nam. I am digging their food too, there are some things that I refuse to eat because I get weirded out by textures. They are planning on opening a restaurant so I am 100% honest with them on what I like and what I don't.

the little sandwiches are called Bocaditos... where I live there's a Cuban bakery that sells the spread homemade (I have no clue how to make it but I have tried and failed lol) and man that spread on some crackers (only Spanish crackers like "yeya" crackers though) is awesome!!

pastelles are awesome, I want to learn how to make them but my DH's aunt who just visited last week from Puerto Rico was telling me its like a 2 day process or faster if you have help.... I'm dying to learn how to make them... As for rice and beans and pernil, I'm a pro lol I even cook Puerto rican Rice with Gandules for Thanksgiving every year with my Turkey... and no I don't eat Pernil for Thanksgiving but definitely for Christmas!!! lol

I remember all of the hype when it went down. Their seems to still be a lot of drama for the cheerleaders and drill teams in the high schools.

I remember the last incident and I remember the incident that happened when I was middle school. Honestly, I was actually surprised that this incident was so big that lifetime made a movie out of it. Maybe I was too young to understand it fully at the time, but when I did realize that a movie was made out of it a few years later (2008 I believe) I didn't really think it was called for. It does amazes me (not in a good way) that this school district still has those kinds of extreme issues with the cheer team. But I do have hope that maybe one day their cheer squad every year from now on well strive to have a good reputation, and not cause anymore national news stories. Every time something similar happens like that now with their squad they will be compared to those girls its sad. I still remember news articles and everything. Sometimes I wonder what the coach is doing now as the new season approaches to prevent something like that from happening again.

There are some 5-person friend groups that call themselves the Fab 5. You know how sometimes, groups of friends make little video montages? Well, a bunch of the ones on YouTube with 'Fab 5' got tons of dislikes and hate comments after the whole debacle because people thought that these random groups of kids were the girls involved.

Having grown up in Cali, the Tex Mex isn't really my thing. I like it but not as much as our Mexican food! In fact, I'm eating a delicious burrito as I type. ;)

Mexican food to me is burritos and street tacos. Growing up next to the border has made me a real Mexican food snob. I don't know how Chipotle stays in business when there are so many AMAZING taco shops and Mexican restaurants around here. I am not a fan of Tex Mex, either.

First thing I did when we moved to WA was learn to cook real mexican food, since it definitely lacks up here. That is the one thing I look forward to the most when we move back to Texas (well family too lol) fingers crossed for the summer, however the Army doesn't seem to like us very much here lately :(

I lived in the Seattle area for about six months. I remember just about falling out of my seat at a Mexican restaurant when I saw they served mashed potatoes as a side... And then I remember looking around at my husband's family and secretly hoping one day they would make it out of Washington to experience true Mexican food.

My husband is PR and his two best friends are Cuban. When we lived in Miami our Cuban friends would make these little sandwiches for parties that had like a creamed or deviled ham spread in them. I don't know what they were called but I could tear them up.

PR food is good, the only thing I don't like is Pastelles. My favorites are Pernil, rice and beans and I will sell my soul for some Tostones. I don't make them at home because they are so greasy and I hate my house smelling like that. But my MIL knows I love them so she always makes them for me when we go over.

We have also become good friends with a family from Viet Nam. I am digging their food too, there are some things that I refuse to eat because I get weirded out by textures. They are planning on opening a restaurant so I am 100% honest with them on what I like and what I don't.

Oh my, Tostones,yes but MOFONGO!!! Cook for me please.

That's menudo. Posole is a totally different soup.... Pork shoulder and hominy in red chile broth.... I make it often in my house. It's a favorite comfort food.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, this is Menudo

msg-128406835009-3.jpg

Back