All-Star Disqualifying Cheaters

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Words to live by...:D
533a0d5242c7c4f08606d2662ef9c971.jpg

So jealous. The most exotic places in the town where my girls go to school are Chinese and Mexican. If we go a bit farther, we can add a sushi place and Italian.

I am craving Thai food. We used to eat it a few times a week when we were in Guam.
Part of the reason I'm afraid to move out of the city- where will I get all my awesome authentic cultural food?! I live in the 'Greek' part of the city: where else can I get local baklava made by little Grandmothers who don't speak English? Besides actual Greece..

I had Mexican food Wednesday night at my favorite restaurant :). I will have posole this weekend and next. Also the other FB reminded me of this thread. One post was about chipotle. And a meme about poSole (yes with a s). This whole time since it was mentioned thinking I was spelling posole wrong.

Mexican food to me is burritos and street tacos. Growing up next to the border has made me a real Mexican food snob. I don't know how Chipotle stays in business when there are so many AMAZING taco shops and Mexican restaurants around here. I am not a fan of Tex Mex, either.

I lived in the Seattle area for about six months. I remember just about falling out of my seat at a Mexican restaurant when I saw they served mashed potatoes as a side... And then I remember looking around at my husband's family and secretly hoping one day they would make it out of Washington to experience true Mexican food.

There are good places in WA that make amazing Mexican food, you just need to know where to look!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Part of the reason I'm afraid to move out of the city- where will I get all my awesome authentic cultural food?! I live in the 'Greek' part of the city: where else can I get local baklava made by little Grandmothers who don't speak English? Besides actual Greece..
No where else. Trust me. Everyone out here comes to your neighborhood for that, although we do have two Greek places here that are quite good when you don't want to take the drive. We have found decent Indian, Peruvian and Thai out here but it was trial and error, and the Indian food costs us double from that we pay for our little place we have been going to for years on 1st Ave between 5th and 6th St. There are Italian and Japanese places galore though, and of course, diners (and our favorite diner is Greek owned).

I had Mexican food Wednesday night at my favorite restaurant :). I will have posole this weekend and next. Also the other FB reminded me of this thread. One post was about chipotle. And a meme about poSole (yes with a s). This whole time since it was mentioned thinking I was spelling posole wrong.

It's weird that I've usually seen it with a Z. I think it is a California thing. Or actually, the little hole-in-the-wall, mom and pop restaurant that I always went to when I was little spelled it with a Z. So, maybe I'm just generalizing. Either way, posole or pozole is so frikken good.

It's weird that I've usually seen it with a Z. I think it is a California thing. Or actually, the little hole-in-the-wall, mom and pop restaurant that I always went to when I was little spelled it with a Z. So, maybe I'm just generalizing. Either way, posole or pozole is so frikken good.
I'm giggling because the little hole in the wall place down the street from me has a painted menu on the wall and my youngest and I giggle every time at all the wrong words. Not posole/pozole because I'm clueless there...but "beaf" "chixin" ;) They make bombtastic rolled tacos with cheese and guacamole for only 2$ (huge plate) so I don't care how they spell lol!

No where else. Trust me. Everyone out here comes to your neighborhood for that, although we do have two Greek places here that are quite good when you don't want to take the drive. We have found decent Indian, Peruvian and Thai out here but it was trial and error, and the Indian food costs us double from that we pay for our little place we have been going to for years on 1st Ave between 5th and 6th St. There are Italian and Japanese places galore though, and of course, diners (and our favorite diner is Greek owned).
Peruvian food is my life!! [emoji7][emoji7]

I'm pretty sure you can spell it both ways, I wonder if a Mexican region thing, depending where they are from Mexico [emoji848]
66b390c96c379eca85a67e0da3aff2dc.jpg

ETA: [emoji15]oops double post! lol where is the double post police? Can't believe I forgot to multi quote [emoji23]

Has anybody here ever tried mole? It has like 40 different ingredients and I can't imagine how all of them taste together.

Back