All-Star Disturbed

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

things that goes on in the Muslim religion where the women get raped, is because of law I have Muslim women in my family... before you people even go there, I'm not saying rape is apart of the law in the muslim religion.
Imagine that. The troll failed English.

Thank you for proving the point of the grammar derailment. We don't get sideways about grammar on the boards unless it's icing on the idiot cake.

Please continue. You amuse me.

Everybody knows I'm a HS counselor.

Without violating anyone's privacy, let me say that I have talked to HS-aged victims in many different circumstances.

Were some drinking? Yep.
Were some dating the guy that raped them? Yep.
Had some of them snuck out in a midriff to go party at a friend's house when it happened? Yep.
Were some at a church event wearing knee-length Duggar style skirts? Yep.

When someone tells me "I think I was raped" or "Someone did ______ to me" the immediate next words out of my mouth are "This was not your fault." Not "Well, what were you doing or wearing?" because that doesn't matter.

@Fierce_Elite: If you're coaching, know that you'll be in contact with young women and that some of them may really look up to you. Know that one of your girls may confide in you regarding something that happened or is currently happening to them.

Know that if your immediate response to them is going to be "Well, what were you doing? What were you wearing?" you have no business working with or mentoring teenaged girls. EVER.

@Fierce_Elite I'm not trying to help you or shoot you down, but I want to make it clear where you stand. You aren't being singled out for having an opinion, it's for your reaction when people disagree with you. That's it. If you didn't add the last 3 paragraphs to your first post all you would have had was disagreement. That end to your post is like reminding people why they didn't like you before. Every reaction to people's comments is adding to that.

Let me correct a misconception you have-you don't have any right to be here. It is a privately owned message board with clear rules and one of them is that moderators/owner can remove you for bad behavior.

You have 2 choices:
1. Stop posting, read and learn how many people have opinions and disagree with each other and either change their mind or respect each other enough to say: "OK, that post was a little over the top/negative, I didn't mean it that way" or "I see your opinion but I disagree"
2. Keep being argumentative the way you have been and I won't wait till 10 O'Clock @mstealtoyou time to ban you. Remember, you've been banned before so this one will be permanent unless King somehow decides to overturn it.

I'm watching closely so it's your call.

Everyone else: you probably have figured out by now that you will not change this poster's mind. Stop trying. There is an old saying "don't feed the trolls." It only keeps them coming back and often times this is what they want. This thread had some good discussion but it took a decidedly adult turn. I recommend you take some of the more personal and adult nature to the 18+ or Parent section and leave this thread to stuff that is relevant for the 10-12 year olds that might be reading. If it stays the current course, that will be why I lock it.

Happy posting!

.... I have different opinions. I'm not really trying to put the blame on victims, but there are SOME people females and males who do ask for it. I'm not wrong for thinking that.

YES YOU ARE. As a former date rape victim when I was 17, I take MAJOR offense to your "opinion".

So if a man decides that he is going to take advantage of you, force himself on you, rape you, would you really say, "well I was dressed cute/sexy for this date so I guess I deserved it?"

Are you even human?

@Fierce_Elite Seriously?!? I don't write much on here but I've read all of your posts... Which point of view do you even have here? What if you were the victim? How would you feel if I came up to you and said "well, you obviously was asking for it". And also, would you be able to say that to a victims face? Probably not. Then don't say it at all.

@mecheermom np. I think the majority opinion has been stated plenty and there can still be relevant discussion to the OP if everyone tries to keep it there.

ETA: @Jessicaa same. . .

If a Muslim woman is raped while wearing traditional clothing, covered head to toe, was she asking for it to happen?

Exactly. My bestest of friends wears a hijab with typical fashion (quite perfectly might I add) and she still gets cat called.

I think we have all participated and read enough to have similar thresholds, with slightly different ways to approach them. I like to call it the basic idea of common respect for one another and it's important because we are all different ages and from many different backgrounds.

Sometimes I like to imagine that the admins here all go to a secret location and have a pow wow and make big executive board decisions and smoke peace pipes.

Is that why @mstealtoyou won't be back until 10?
Pretty sure she's at work until 10. It's her cheer "gofundme" account she prefers to call...a job.

I don't know why but that really does surprise me.

My HS is extra diverse, so we have many hijabis in my school, some dress traditionally modest, while others like my friend and her cousin, as well as two other girls in our school dress in modern and fashionable clothing and are still sexualized.

I will not feed the troll. That's so disturbing that another girl would think that. I know anyone could be a victim but with woman constantly being questioned about their attire post attack..

Back