OT Do Some Cheer Gyms Allow Unnatural Hair Colors?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
We had a girl on my high school team that got pulled up from JV to Varsity right before nationals b/c a girl got kicked off and this bed girl had some pink streaks in her hair. We begged out coach to tell her that she had to remove it for nationals because it "clashed with our uniforms" but she said that was too mean hahah

Reactions: Ems
Cp has pink ends right now but should be all washed out before comp on the 13th. I would never let her do it too close to a comp.

There was a gym in MO where they had purple extensions for competitions. I wasn't affiliated with this gym but I have friends who were... I thought it was different and cute!
creepin_zpsc6639530.jpg

I don't know about other colors though! I've never seen a cheerleader with full color hair, like all their hair is pink, but that's not to say it doesn't exist! A lot of girls on my HS team competed with streaks in their hair since it was summer, but they were mostly in the back and not noticable. (ETA: The streaks were in the back and not noticable, not the cheerleaders!)

There was a girl from Cheer Sport Sharks i believe who had red hair (just the under part) it kinda clashed with the light blue on the uniform.

If it's done the right way I don't see the problem with it. It's when It looks bad that it becomes an issue. For example in Disney last year a girl from Infinity Allstars had a bob cut and had red streaks (the teams colors) and it was completely adorable. But then again I've seen girls that have it but it's faded, clashes, ect. I have mixed feelings I guess.

I was at a high school competition on sunday, there was two girls on a team who had pink at literally the bottom half of their ponytails (a lot of pink). They also had black gold and white uniforms so it didn't really clash very well.

I was at a high school competition on sunday, there was two girls on a team who had pink at literally the bottom half of their ponytails (a lot of pink). They also had black gold and white uniforms so it didn't really clash very well.
I've seen that before at a competition, except the uniform was navy and gold. The girl with colored hair was all I watched which is why I'm usually against cheer and colored hair. The only time I've liked it is Victoria Swains last year on Panthers.
ETA: With my cheer experience, my coaches have never allowed unnatural hair colors. We could have it over the summer, but not for games or competition.

My gym has a very strict policy about hair and color. Your hair must be a natural, or at least natural looking, color. We also can't have any "crazy" hair cuts such as too short to put in a pony tail, designs, etc.

One of my best friend's moms had breast cancer and so started the yearly trend of pink in my hair. My coach didn't care as long as it was done nicely (which it was). I usually just dyed the under half of it. I can try and dig up a picture.

Back