Do You Look Down On Small Gyms?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i think a lot of people forget that it's QUALITY, not quantity, that matters. i'd rather have an amazing, difficult routine, than a cookie cutter routine because i was the team they only half choreographed.

I cheer for a small gym (taken its only their 2nd year of business) and personally, i'm not a huge fan of small gyms. Yes, they can get better. But i feel, personally, that its a great "work your way up" gym. I wouldn't stay at this gym till im a senior, considering the highest level is 2, and im on 2...
I think small gyms are more for starters, unless they have level 5.
This is sorta off topic, but i hate it when level 5 people look down on level 2's :mad:

Personally, I don't think there is anything wrong w/ a small gym, it is what is best for you. HOWEVER I really hate that at nationals they segregate them. Honestly if the skills are there, it shouldn't matter what division you are in.

I cheer at cvp allstars in connecticut we have 51 girls here. I like mhaving a small gym because everyone knows everyone yet we are powerfulll... We won nca! With 3 teams we are confindent! Small yet powerfull

I cheer at a small gym, and personally, I wouldn't trade it for the world. I'm a person, and a family member, not just a number or "that blonde chick". It's a preference and neither way is superior to the other, both have pluses and minuses. You're friends really shouldn't look down on you for anything though, I mean that's just not what friends do!! Being from a small gym has no effect on your talent and potential.

You shouldnt feel like they are looking down at you. Did they ever say anything that would make you feel this way? It could just be all in your head. Sorry I am kind of late to post on this topic!

There are many, many small gyms that are amazing! Encourage your teammates to build new skills and improve the skills they already have in order to become one of those bigger gyms one day. Most gyms start small!

I cheer at a small gym too and sometimes I like..look down on it myself because all my other cheer friends cheer at larger gyms that have more luxuries than my gym but every athlete gets a lot of one on one attention at my gym and I feel like I learn a lot there!

My gym has always been small and people have left our gym to go to larger gyms and Its obvious how they look down on us, because we havent been as successful. its so frustrating...

I cheer at a small gym too and sometimes I like..look down on it myself because all my other cheer friends cheer at larger gyms that have more luxuries than my gym but every athlete gets a lot of one on one attention at my gym and I feel like I learn a lot there!

i was thinking this exactly. :eek:
my gym is so small we dont even OWN a gym. were at a community center.

Back