All-Star Do You Remember When...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Competing locally was a really big deal?

Hitting your routine actually meant hitting your full routine from beginning to end? Not a bobble here or there that didnt matter because it was sooooo amazing a routine and soooo hard.

Parents and athletes worried way more about their gyms routines than their possible competitors?
Parents not pressuring the coach to order super expensive blinged out practice wear.

Practice wear being Soffes and a T-shirt.

Sequin trim being the business.

Last edited:
I used Cheermix to death from the first one I bought in I think 94 or 95... I still have them all and Love them!!! I still have Every piece of music that I put together on my stereo's and boomboxes, and they are all on Cassette Tapes, except for the ones I had transferred to a CD, what is that???!!! Honestly, i have a couple back in the late 80's.......:) Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! I am Old if my picture does me any Justice!!!! I am glad that I have been apart of Cheer/Dance in the 80's, 90's, 00's and now the 10's!! My gosh, 31 years!!!! I am such a Hoarder with all things Music!!!.....:)

My coach was very old school. She still had her stuff from way back when. She said as long as it still worked, she didn't see the need to upgrade. It took a silent routine practice one time for her to finally realize the whole point of CD's. (taped stop working in the middle of practice)
I am that Coach today still!!!! Sometimes just for fun If I am teaching a dnace at a camp, I still pull out cassette tapes and play on my boomboxes as it has a song that I want to use that I cant find online.....:)

Does anybody remember when it was kind of rare to compete on a different gym other than the one's in your own area? Now it's like crazy and people fly in from everywhere just to be on a higher level team.

How about when Top Gun used to have Peewee Bullets (now it would be Youth Level 5) they were SOO good! I really miss this squad I used to compete against them. Wow, I feel old lol!

What about when the cheerlebrities were Tarin Moses (from Lightning Superstars/Brandon/Stars Athletics), Ali Soven (from Legend Lady Jags) and Kyle Blitch (from Rock Solid/Top Gun)? Hahah, I feel so old but I looked up to these cheerleaders back in the day!

I used Cheermix to death from the first one I bought in I think 94 or 95... I still have them all and Love them!!! I still have Every piece of music that I put together on my stereo's and boomboxes, and they are all on Cassette Tapes, except for the ones I had transferred to a CD, what is that???!!! Honestly, i have a couple back in the late 80's.......:) Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! I am Old if my picture does me any Justice!!!! I am glad that I have been apart of Cheer/Dance in the 80's, 90's, 00's and now the 10's!! My gosh, 31 years!!!! I am such a Hoarder with all things Music!!!.....:)
Could you find a way to post some stuff? I would love to hear it.

It's always so awkward when I wear this one sweatshirt I won at WCA in Tennessee, because we got our team name embroidered on it, and we were a Junior Prep Team...But around 2005, Junior Prep meant something completely different. Even though we were "Junior Prep Elite", this division was more related to a Junior 3! Some people have such a hard time understanding that for some reason lol.

Does anybody remember when it was kind of rare to compete on a different gym other than the one's in your own area? Now it's like crazy and people fly in from everywhere just to be on a higher level team.

How about when Top Gun used to have Peewee Bullets (now it would be Youth Level 5) they were SOO good! I really miss this squad I used to compete against them. Wow, I feel old lol!

What about when the cheerlebrities were Tarin Moses (from Lightning Superstars/Brandon/Stars Athletics), Ali Soven (from Legend Lady Jags) and Kyle Blitch (from Rock Solid/Top Gun)? Hahah, I feel so old but I looked up to these cheerleaders back in the day!
awe thank u for remembering that was the best time of my life!!

Back