All-Star Do You Remember When...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

When wearing a shell top made u cool (everyone else wore sweaters) really dating myself I know. When everyone wore matching socks with megaphones and premade bows were virtually unheard of. When sweatsuits swished when u walked and didn't have bling on them. When custom midriffs (instead of just white) made u really cool. When teams wore matching curl covers. When you heard the good luck cheer a million times a competition. And I could go on and on

When you couldn't walk two minutes around a competition without hearing somebody leading a team cheer as they walked to warm-ups. I think my gym had a least 5 and let me tell you when you are on Youth, we loved to scream those cheers down the hallway.

GreatWhite92 said:
When you couldn't walk two minutes around a competition without hearing somebody leading a team cheer as they walked to warm-ups. I think my gym had a least 5 and let me tell you when you are on Youth, we loved to scream those cheers down the hallway.

I'm so glad that is over. I hated walking around yelling my head off and being obnoxious. Plus there was always that awkward finish to the chant.....half the team would keep yelling and half would stop. Or everyone would stop except for that one clueless girl.....

When we had a vest as the top of our uniform. Literally, a vest. It buttoned up the front. Obviously we wore a body suit with a turtle neck and a snap crotch with it. Our warm up pants were wool. Yes, you read that correctly, wool. They had stirrups for under our feet and a cuff at the ankle. Like a sweater for your legs.

When we had a vest as the top of our uniform. Literally, a vest. It buttoned up the front. Obviously we wore a body suit with a turtle neck and a snap crotch with it. Our warm up pants were wool. Yes, you read that correctly, wool. They had stirrups for under our feet and a cuff at the ankle. Like a sweater for your legs.
OMG MissBee where and when did you cheer?!! Wool warm up pants?! I'm thinking little house on the prairie North Dakota 1886?! Lmao!! You win the "do you remember when..." lol!

i remember when...
-dances were 10 eight counts and pyramid was 2 eight counts
-skirts started at your belly buttons and went down to your knees
-bows were flimsey and were just like long ribbon
-being level three meant elevator lib series
-neetles (straight legged scorps) were un-heard of
-everyone wore full tops or long crop tops

**allstar cheer has comes so far it is like a whole new world! routines are packed and scoresheets are asking for specific things. you can never be the best because there is always something better down the road. i love cheer because you can continue to set more and more goals because the imposible is always posible!

Okay too much fun with this... heres a few no ones mentioned!

Those tall socks with a megaphone or paw on them

The UCA backdrop was the indiana jones set

Competition mats didn't always have velcro strips and they didn't always run the same ways so you had to figure spacing out on your own! You also didn't always know where center was so you brought a stuffed animal or something to mark it with!

Back when after you completed your tumbling pass you proudly stuck out your chest and made a face. Like the last pass in this video but only more exaggerated... - about 1:13

i like how the spotters were out there heavily spotting a level 5 team haha !!

I once had a spotter literally knock me down to the floor because they thought the stunt was coming down. Luckily I was a front spot and the stunt didnt come down, but still those spotters back in the day took their job seriously.

I once had a spotter literally knock me down to the floor because they thought the stunt was coming down. Luckily I was a front spot and the stunt didnt come down, but still those spotters back in the day took their job seriously.
I once had a spotter knock the wind out of me because they rushed in way to hard when i was making a catch....spent at least 2 eight counts trying to remember what was next.

Short sleeved sweaters were all the rage with a big chenielle letter on the front! And.... Fly- A- Way skirts that weighed more than you did!

Doing a 4-2-1 in high school cheer was totally legal, i honestly dont know who thought 2.5 high in high school was a good idea. Makes me cringe looking back now

Back