All-Star Do You Remember When...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

fiercediv said:
When we had snap body suits with turtle necks.

Lol my freshman year we had uniforms that came from a close out sale. We dug through mountains of samples that were being discarded to find uniforms that matched. We wore off the rack white turtle necks underneath (baggy arms and all) and we still advanced to finals at UCA. We looked so sloppy but our routine killed! I lmao thinking about it now.

These are amazing! This is totally what I started Cheer with I was 13.

I can remember the first time we have crop turtle necks to go under our full length tops... we thought it was soooo scandalous.

And when I started it was just ankle biters, peewee, jr prep, jr, sr prep and sr. No levels, sizes, nothing.

The first year I went to NCA, in 2003, it was still a hard floor. The last year I believe.

We used to do a stunt group routine to music, and tumble and jump and everything. Needless to say we were the only ones who did a stunt group routine and never had any competition.

"You want me to wear a halftop.. but I'm only 12!"

I remember feeling SO grown up getting a half top because I'd only seen them worn by college girls and REALLY scandalous high schools.

in my really youngin' days i cheered in a baggy sweater with some saddle shoes. and then we moved on to those snapping, full turtleneck bodysuits. paired with the pleated, polyester skirts. and then we got hip and got the fly away skirts. also paired with our mandatory competition socks that went to mid calf with giant megaphones on them.

soffee's weren't around yet, so we had special "practice wear" shorts made out of the same, lovely polyester our uniforms were made out of.

we actually used pompoms in competition during our cheer and then whipped them off the mat as far as we could so you could tumble. and the most elite pass MAYBE ended in a tuck. and all scorpions looked like dorito chips, flown on the opposite leg.

oh the good old days. :cloud9: now that i think about it, i'm not really sure how i didn't die of heat exhaustion at every competition.

I remember when Elite use to be a division aka Lv 6 and you had junior teams throwing back tuck baskets.

Or people use to do individuals and there was no levels for it (as it should be now... At least in my eyes lol)
I have posted a video on here several times of my junior team doing a lvl 6 pyramid...

IM000830_ic_hailey_w_bow.jpg

Two simple words..

Cheer Curls.

Back