High School Do You Rent Gym Floor For Practice?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 31, 2015
Does your high school team rent floor space at a gymnastics facility? What is the going rate? We are debating doing this for our team and have no idea what a fair price to pay is. We thought this woukd be a good idea for our comp. team more than sideline. Thanks for your help!

My team has rented space for as slow as $25 an hour to $100 an hour depends on the gym..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The nearest gymnastics facility is 30 minutes away. So, no.

There is a local university. It is private and Christian, but I think that they have a space for their cheerleaders to practice. I wish we could look into that. We don't even have mats.

Our local hs has their own mats but use a local gym for tumbling lessons and occasionally for learning new stunts and pyramids. I think the gym donates floor space counting it as part of the tumbling fee they collect at the beginning of the season.

**I have a gofundme account. I call it my JOB**

My HS team has their own mats that they roll out each practice. Once a week our team would go to World Cup for tumbling and we'd get an hour of tumbling and an hour of floor time for practice, usually with a WC coach cleaning up the routine or teaching us new skills. We paid $5 a girl. 90% of the time we competed on dead floor so it really wasn't necessary to get the extra spring floor time. But If you don't have mats at all, it's probably a good idea.

My middle school team rents a local all star gym for the few practices leading up to competition. We pay $50 an hour. For US Finals, the local Catholic high school let us borrow 5 of their mats so that we could have a full floor at our school. Lifesaver.

My HS team has their own mats that they roll out each practice. Once a week our team would go to World Cup for tumbling and we'd get an hour of tumbling and an hour of floor time for practice, usually with a WC coach cleaning up the routine or teaching us new skills. We paid $5 a girl. 90% of the time we competed on dead floor so it really wasn't necessary to get the extra spring floor time. But If you don't have mats at all, it's probably a good idea.
What year was that? Recent? I'm blown away by $5 a girl!

What year was that? Recent? I'm blown away by $5 a girl!

there were 30 of us, so it really wasn't that cheap but 2004-2008. we also went to world cup's old second location (World Cup Ocean, RIP) which was probably a little cheaper than freehold.

there were 30 of us, so it really wasn't that cheap but 2004-2008. we also went to world cup's old second location (World Cup Ocean, RIP) which was probably a little cheaper than freehold.
I'm amazed! The gyms local to us, for the same set up that you mentioned, charge anywhere from $50 - $70 a girl per month. It's outrageous, but some schools do multiple days which takes it up even more.

Back