All-Star Documentary On World Cup Twinkles!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The Star-Ledger did you go to any of the local competitions last year?
Personally, no. But the reporter, photographer and filmmaker were at the competitions where the Twinkles took part. I've seen lots of video, photos and heard many anecdotes, but I don't get out of the office much any more, unfortunately. One of the perils of management, I'm afraid.

Besides this being great fun to watch, it has also been a miracle worker for my CP. She is 11 years old, and just stopped throwing her full one day. Her brain just wouldn't let her twist. After she watched this, she obviously felt a connection with the little girl who was having a block, but started tumbling again. My CP went to the gym for a private, and started throwing hers too!!! She said she just closed her eyes and thought about that girl, and pictured that girl throwing her full, and then she went .... and did it!!! I just wanted to cry. Who would of thought that watching someone else go through what you are going through, would be the breakthrough that she needed. So, Thank you Twinkles and Thank you The Star-Ledger! And Thank you to the little cutie that let herself be filmed during such a difficult time. You will forever be our favorite Twinkle!!

Personally, no. But the reporter, photographer and filmmaker were at the competitions where the Twinkles took part. I've seen lots of video, photos and heard many anecdotes, but I don't get out of the office much any more, unfortunately. One of the perils of management, I'm afraid.

Haha...you should try and come to one. Usually, they are all area teams.

Besides this being great fun to watch, it has also been a miracle worker for my CP. She is 11 years old, and just stopped throwing her full one day. Her brain just wouldn't let her twist. After she watched this, she obviously felt a connection with the little girl who was having a block, but started tumbling again. My CP went to the gym for a private, and started throwing hers too!!! She said she just closed her eyes and thought about that girl, and pictured that girl throwing her full, and then she went .... and did it!!! I just wanted to cry. Who would of thought that watching someone else go through what you are going through, would be the breakthrough that she needed. So, Thank you Twinkles and Thank you The Star-Ledger! And Thank you to the little cutie that let herself be filmed during such a difficult time. You will forever be our favorite Twinkle!!

That is such a heartwarming story. I hope someone in the WC family shares this with Julia Wisk, the girl who overcame her block.

Part 2 would have to be "Where Are They Now"...LOL... About 22 out of the 31 girls graduated to Junior and coach Dana is now with The Starlites...

That probably wouldn't be too hard to do since the Twinkles graduate to the jr Starlites then on to the senior teams Suns, Odyssey and Shooting Stars

A "Where Are They Now" update is a good idea. Maybe we'll look back in five years and see where they all landed.

After watching this, you and your staff would be the best to do a story comparing and contrasting teams, gyms, programs showing the differences in mission statements or credos of the different gyms through out new jersey or nationally. As much as they are the same they are vastly different. Your readership would make it cater to be about nj however the format and style of the documentary would work on a national or even global level.

You have made reference that an article from The Star Ledger is now being blogged about over seas.

Once again my cheer dad hat is off to you and your staff for doing such a great collection of articles that spans all of the social media outlets.

Hahaha reading people not pleased with putting up the mats! MOST of the video showed the windows were OPEN. As other coaches I'm sure they were annoyed they had to put mats up bc each window has blinds which would have been easier, they must have been broken. At my gym, we don't have windows (I so wish we did). I don't see having a "closed" practice any different than putting the mats up. Blah blah blah, can't please em all. The Star-Ledger you did a fantastic job and after working a camp there myself this week, I can say firsthand that they run a First Class program, top to bottom!

Latest posts

Back