All-Star Does Anyone Really Know The Rule "disney" Font On Shirts

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Funfunfun

Cheer Parent
Dec 20, 2009
Can you legally use a font that looks like the "Disney" font on shirts for the Summit? What can you print and not print? Can you have a castle etc ? I've seen lots of people's thoughts but don't know for sure. Any help?

are you going to use it for commercial use? if so, i would stay away from it (i'm not a lawyer). if you do use it for commercial ($$$) purposes, don't be surprised if you get sued. disney is one of those companies, like apple and google, that will send in the hounds once they catch a wiff of someone profiting off their copy-writes/trademarks.

We used a font called "Waltograph" on a shirt once that looked like the Disney font. Nobody ever said anything to us about it. We didn't sell them or anything, just used on a team t-shirt.

you'll probably be fine doing it, but Disney is the reason the US has outrageous copyright laws be I wouldn't be shocked if anything really happened.

Disney allows you to use images and fonts as long as it is not for financial gain. Stay away from using the word summit because the EPs came down on "worlds" being used last year

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

are you going to use it for commercial use? if so, i would stay away from it (i'm not a lawyer). if you do use it for commercial ($$$) purposes, don't be surprised if you get sued. disney is one of those companies, like apple and google, that will send in the hounds once they catch a wiff of someone profiting off their copy-writes/trademarks.
It would not be for commercial purposes, just a team shirt. There will be no profiting. Thanks for your help!

We used a font called "Waltograph" on a shirt once that looked like the Disney font. Nobody ever said anything to us about it. We didn't sell them or anything, just used on a team t-shirt.
Where did you find that font? Thanks!

Disney allows you to use images and fonts as long as it is not for financial gain. Stay away from using the word summit because the EPs came down on "worlds" being used last year

By images would you mean a silhouette of a character like tinker bell?

We have used almost everything. Fonts, images of character, castles, movie themes etc. All was just team apparel and not for profit. Haven't ever had a problem.

By images would you mean a silhouette of a character like tinker bell?

We have used character images, body parts and castles. We have also usd lyrics. All is good as long as money is not being made. So it shouldnt be a sponsor shirt, but a team shirt, if that makes sense

I don't think they have control over the font, but they certainly have control over "Disney", the characters, etc. USASF/Varsity has control over "Worlds", but I haven't seen them get cranky about that yet.

Back