High School Does Your Team Share The Gym With Another Sport?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

its very rare if my school team gets to practice in the gym (we have 2). we are usually stuck practicing in the lobby. it can be raining outside and kids will come in and step on our mats with their wet shoes on :( soemtimes we dont even get mats because other sports teams took them..we could only work on cheers those days.

That's another thing I find rediculous. We have teams take our mats, that were bought specifically for us without even asking. Then they put their shoes on them that have been used for track meets and get our mats all dirty. You would thing now a days that everyone would respect each other for just playing a sport but that just isn't the case.

OK, ready, our gym has cheer, gymnastics, ballet, high school cheer, zumba, kick boxing, summer enrichment programs, and a preschool program. Love the versatility of our gym!!!

OK, ready, our gym has cheer, gymnastics, ballet, high school cheer, zumba, kick boxing, summer enrichment programs, and a preschool program. Love the versatility of our gym!!!
That's great for your gym and it doesn't negatively affect your gym either.
However, with high school it is different, when you have to share the same gym or practice space with another team. Especially teams that use balls and are throwing them everywhere while people are trying to stunt. It can lead to ver dangerous situations. Or when you can't use your own equipment because someone else is using it without asking.

That's great for your gym and it doesn't negatively affect your gym either.
However, with high school it is different, when you have to share the same gym or practice space with another team. Especially teams that use balls and are throwing them everywhere while people are trying to stunt. It can lead to ver dangerous situations. Or when you can't use your own equipment because someone else is using it without asking.
What's great about our gym is that there is distinct separation between the sections that these activities take place so that the preschool doesn't interfere with the all-star program and the zumba classes are in the class room at the same time as gymnastics are happening in the gym but you would never know it. I think the owners and coaches do a great job of placing all of these activities under one roof and making it feel like each activity is each and of itself just as important as all of the others, yet there is not mass chaos going on in the gym.

What's great about our gym is that there is distinct separation between the sections that these activities take place so that the preschool doesn't interfere with the all-star program and the zumba classes are in the class room at the same time as gymnastics happening in the gym but you would never know it. I think the owners and coaches do a great job of placing all of these activities under one roof and making it feel like each activity is each and of itself just as important as all of the others, yet there is not mass chaos going on in the gym.

Like I said before, that is very good for an all star gym (correct me if I'm wrong) but when you are doing high school sports you only have so many hours and places you can practice in. It has to be after school and end at a certain time. So that gives every sport that is playing, during lets say fall sports season, from 3 to 6 to get their practice in. Sometimes the AD can't help but to put two sports in the same practice space but it can be a real danger when they put the wrong sports together.

we have to share our gym with the boys basketball team. It bothers me that the girls who usually slack off the entire practice by not throwing their tumbling, all the sudden decide to throw fulls and standing tucks just to try to impress the guys.

we have to share our gym with the boys basketball team. It bothers me that the girls who usually slack off the entire practice by not throwing their tumbling, all the sudden decide to throw fulls and standing tucks just to try to impress the guys.
well i guess that's one form of motivation haha

Back